Yaris driver with baseball bat - claims he was just defending himself

webfact

Yaris driver with baseball bat - claims he was just defending himself

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The road rage driver who attacked a family with a baseball bat has told police he just had the weapon to defend himself.

He didn't know that the man in the other car had a wife and young child, he claimed.

Now he has gone to the cops to make a counterclaim of his own about the other driver not stopping.

And he has complained about being filmed saying being portrayed on social media as an evil doing scumbag is all wrong.

A video filmed last week in Bangkok showed 35 year old Niapdul Achis Mingoh get out of his Yaris car and wield a baseball bat hitting an Isuzu pick up.

Inside were terrified market traders Anusorn Siriphonphakdee, 24, his wife Thanita and their two year old daughter.

After smacking the pick-up with the baseball bat Anusorn fled in terror intending to report to police.

Niapdul chased them down and rear ended them causing them to crash into another parked vehicle as the little girl began to cry.

They were all injured including the little girl.

Yesterday Niapdul offered his side of the story to Kannayao police in Bangkok. He claimed that the other driver did a U-turn that caused his side view mirror to be damaged.

But he didn't stop and he got angry.

So he chased him and forced him to stop and took out the baseball bat for protection. He had no idea who was in the car because of the film on the windows, he claimed.

"Why didn't he show all the story in the clip?" he whined, "I am not an evil doer. All he needed to do was wind down his window and agree to go to the police station.

"I am a father too. I understand. Why the need to post this online?"

He did the obligatory apology to society and his victim as he admitted what he had done.

Then put in a counterclaim of damage to his vehicle.

Police charged him with negligence, criminal damage and assault.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-29

Yep, another one claiming it is not my fault, it is plain to see on the video he was the aggressor.

Throw the book at him and make him an example, no 600bt fine and a slap on the wrist.

Be careful in Thailand if you file a justified claim against an assailant. All the assailant has to do is file a counterclaim and you then end up on the accused side of the law.

I am still not sure whether we are innocent until proven guilty, or guilty and have to prove our innocence. 

All comes down to who has the most cash I fear.

Smells like a bullshit story to me and given the cops have slapped him with multiple charges, I guess they agree too. If he was that aggrieved and had been wronged, why did he not go to the cop shop straight away, rather than wait till he was exposed on video?

17 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

if you add up the baseball bat, the car-bashing,the chasing and the rear-ending, you can plainly see who the aggressor was; he escalated everything

If the first guy did not stop after the damage of his mirror... that is wrong.. but then he did a bigger wrong by chasing someone and using a baseball bat. If it is true they are both in the wrong but this guy has a larger part in the blame. 

"The baseball bat was to defend myself"

"I didn't know the guy had his wife and kid in the car"

"I don't like how someone filmed me and it makes me look bad!"

"He started it!"

Ah, reminds me of being at school. When you thought you were the centre of the universe and should never have to take responsibility for your actions. My parents and teachers soon put an end to that for me. I learnt very quickly that shirking responsibility just got me in more trouble. 

Here we have another product of a poor education and poor/zero parenting skills. 

Nice try bad guy! Wanna go for another try when the scores can really change?

Who is this dude? The summary of everything is that he didn´t see wife and children in the car. He didn´t hear children and wife screaming in fear! Or maybe he saw all and didn´t think it was the drivers children and wife! Sure, that must make everything ok, then!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

And he has complained about being filmed saying being portrayed on social media as an evil doing scumbag is all wrong.

"Why didn't he show all the story in the clip?" he whined,

He did the obligatory apology to society and his victim as he admitted what he had done.

Sometimes, I really do love the way a story is written by a reporter to get across their personal viewpoint. 

This is one such case. 

Love it. 

Edited by Bluespunk

Normal procedures,and when it is not a  direct threat to life and limbs of my family, i give full throttle .....fast.

Most nutcases these days have more then a baseball bat only.

This just goes to show you the perverted logic and reasoning of the Thai mind. And this is not just an isolated case of bad judgement.  I see it day in and day out as I encounter the locals, and I can tell you that it's nearly impossible to win a debate or argument with a Thai.  They will never understand your point of view from a Western perspective, so save your saliva.  In a society where the admission of guilt is considered a loss of face, you're never going to win!

What I would like to know is why did the female in the Yaris get out and walk away without seeing if anyone was injured ?

We could say she was fed up with her boyfriend/husbands bad attitude or was she getting rid of the drugs, because no one in their right frame of mind behaves like this, that or he is just another Thai male suffering from small dick syndrome.

I really hope he is made an example of, so others perhaps start to learn that they are not above the law and you should never take things into your own hands.

Edited by 4MyEgo
Adding

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I would go further and say it is a cultural problem.

No-one here takes responsibility and that includes the Oxford and Eton educated.

Indeed. No responsibility, no accountability, never ever wrong and must always save face, be first and special.

And that is indeed a real cultural issue.

Hopefully he has to pay the full cost of repair to all 3 vehicles. That's more punishment than the 1000 Baht fine the courts are likely to hand him.

Glad nobody got hurt, that truck parked at the side of the road could have easily been a roadside stall, bus stop full of people etc.

7 hours ago, halloween said:

" Police charged him with negligence, criminal damage and assault. "

Some stories do have a happy ending.

The way he rear-ended the pickup, he should be charged with attempted murder, not assault!

10 hours ago, halloween said:

" Police charged him with negligence, criminal damage and assault. "

Some stories do have a happy ending.

But I fear that this waste of space will want his revenge, especially if his fine is in thousands of baht. Put him I jail... for a long time

Maybe this is a rich Hi So child and just does not know that he should take some responsibility.

He looks the type.  Disgusting is what he is and I hope he will enjoy sme jail time as well as the

fines for his actions.

Geezer

22 hours ago, YetAnother said:

if you add up the baseball bat, the car-bashing,the chasing and the rear-ending, you can plainly see who the aggressor was; he escalated everything

I agree with you Yet, it's a total no-brainer ...

What I find fascinating is how some human beings (especially men with virility issues, and not just in Thailand of course) seem totally incapable of acknowledging their mistakes, even when the anger has (supposedly) subsided.

Like it or not, Neanderthal is still in our genes. Incidents like this underline that civilization is but a brave and desperate attempt to curb milleniums of barbaric, deeply ingrained behaviour.

It just takes one look at the specimen who's now occupying the White House to realize that we're still way up sh*t creek, and that paddle is nowhere to be seen.

Edited by Yann55

This Yaris driver made the other vehicle crash into a parked vehicle, That is basically attempted

murder.  The police should have given him a few hits with his own bat to show just how it

hurts to be hit with a bat. What a loser..

Geezer