Two killed and 11 injured in pickup crash in Nakhon Pathom

webfact

Two killed and 11 injured in pickup crash in Nakhon Pathom
By The Nation

NAKHON PATHOM: -- Two people were killed and 11 injured when a pickup truck carrying 10 Myanmar workers crashed into another pickup truck carrying fish in Nakhon Pathom early Thursday.

Police said the accident happened at 4.30am at the Nong Kha Yung intersection in Nakhon Pathom’s Mueang district.

Police said two Myanmar workers died at the scene and eight others were injured and rushed to hospital.

Three men in the fish truck were also injured and were taken to hospital.

Pol Capt Yutthaphum Phosawat, deputy inspector of Mueang Nakhon Pathom police station, said the intersection had no traffic light and the pickup truck that carried the workers overturned while the other vehicle was sent into a roadside ditch.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319428

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-29

They never stop at STOP signs, OH!! what STOP signs??? When someone pulls out, they don't step on the gas....just putt putt. One turning lane has two or three cars turning side-by-side. and I have yet to have a Taxi NOT STRADDLE the line, is he going to change lanes or not?? Not many drivers give the Pedestrians the right of way to cross the street, the ones that do I at least give them a wave saying  "Thank You"

1 hour ago, whatawonderfulday said:

And no doubt the Burmese were illegals working for half the legal minimum wage so their families will get no compensation.  So what's happened to the no passengers in a pick up load area rule ?

Pardon

2 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

And no doubt the Burmese were illegals working for half the legal minimum wage so their families will get no compensation.  So what's happened to the no passengers in a pick up load area rule ?

In Nakhon pathom the BIB don't come on tea duty until 6am before that time you can do what the hell you like (and after 6pm) when they go back to sleep.

Reality is that it is every man for himself on the roads here and in every other aspect of life in Thailand (Thai or foreigner).  

Protest all you want, the PTB simply don't care. It is a medieval society with smartphones and motorcars. 

My comments are not meant to disparage the common Thai person that works day in and day out to provide for their families. However, the entrenched patronage/pyramid system that is Thai society will not change until heads roll (literally) and it provides little opportunity for them.  

I am certain that most Thais are tired of the road carnage, exorbitant fines and corruption and nepotism in all areas of gov't (namely Customs, Land, RTP, Education).  But they have no choice, so they suck it up and try their best. 

Nothing will change for them until there is a republic. 

I respect their patience. 

7 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Reality is that it is every man for himself on the roads here and in every other aspect of life in Thailand (Thai or foreigner).  

Protest all you want, the PTB simply don't care. It is a medieval society with smartphones and motorcars. 

My comments are not meant to disparage the common Thai person that works day in and day out to provide for their families. However, the entrenched patronage/pyramid system that is Thai society will not change until heads roll (literally) and it provides little opportunity for them.  

I am certain that most Thais are tired of the road carnage, exorbitant fines and corruption and nepotism in all areas of gov't (namely Customs, Land, RTP, Education).  But they have no choice, so they suck it up and try their best. 

Nothing will change for them until there is a republic. 

I respect their patience. 

Yes they certainly have got their backs to the wall

A post all in caps has been removed.

Please do not post in caps it is considered as shouting and your post will be removed by moderators. Thank you

On 6/29/2017 at 5:03 PM, Moti24 said:

Earlier this afternoon, I was driving at 90kph behind a pickup with 4 men in the back.  Each had a bottle of Leo, and 2 of them were sitting on-top of the side.  They just don't care, do they!

They don't. And that's why I don't care. Let them die, all of them. Or not. Zero <deleted> given either way.

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

They don't. And that's why I don't care. Let them die, all of them. Or not. Zero <deleted> given either way.

I am of the same opinion!

But most thai drivers are Darwinism at its finest, but sadly these dont care morons can kill others ,like us who do ! They patently dont care about their own lives so tough for anyone else

Education is  the only way ...ok i give up ,never going to happen in my lifetime and probably not until drastic changes come

3 minutes ago, poohy said:

I am of the same opinion!

But most thai drivers are Darwinism at its finest, but sadly these dont care morons can kill others ,like us who do ! They patently dont care about their own lives so tough for anyone else

Education is  the only way ...ok i give up ,never going to happen in my lifetime and probably not until drastic changes come

Never going to happen.A happy state of complete anarchy prevails.One can only surmise that the Thais want it that way.

Education/enlightenment can only come  from within as they are never going to truly accept what a Westerner has to tell them.They love their right brain thinking and they certainly not going to abandon it in a hurry.

"You think too much" means exactly what it says.