Moves to help wheelchair bound accident victim gather pace as further details emerge about bent lawyer

webfact

Moves to help wheelchair bound accident victim gather pace as further details emerge about bent lawyer

4pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

BANGKOK: -- A story reported in the Thai press and on Thaivisa yesterday about a young girl and her mum who were ripped off by a bent lawyer after a tragic accident is quickly developing.

Now the story is in the media what was a cold case is hotting up.

The mother and daughter are forced to sell items at Wat Cholaprathan in Nonthaburi and are well known to locals and monks in the area.

When the daughter was two there was a terrible road accident in Surat Thani. Her father was killed and mother injured. The daughter was left in a wheel chair for life.

But the lawyer who offered to help the family pocketed all the five million baht compensation, given by the firm of the truck that hit

them, and disappeared.

The family thought they were getting only one million and received 7 installments of 40,000 baht before lawyer Phisit vanished.

Years of efforts to get justice have failed but now the power of media is spurring people into action.

But further terrible examples of malpractice have emerged. It was revealed yesterday that the lawyer had been successfully contacted in 2015 and had told the mum and daughter that he would return their money if they dropped charges against him.

They believed him and removed their complaint. But it was just a ruse and the fraudulent lawyer was using it as a delaying tactic to ensure that the statute of limitations on the criminal aspect of the case ran out ran out, reported Tnews.

Tawatchai Thaikhiaw who is now helping the family with the case said that if the press reports are true there is a clear case of fraud to answer with the distinct possibility that the lawyer concerned can be prosecuted and struck off.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-30

Someone who will cheat a crippled girl out of her compensation, is about as nasty a low down piece of scum that you can possibly imagine. This piece of filth needs to be found and punished to the maximum letter of the law. I just hope he still has at least some of the money.

I add to that comment, that the fact it has taken so long to get to this point, and it is only through social media that the case is now getting attention, is a damning indictment of the Thai judicial system.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Someone who will cheat a crippled girl out of her compensation, is about as nasty a low down piece of scum that you can possibly imagine.

He was a lawyer!!! What did you expect??

3 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

you never want to get into a situation in thailand where you have to trust a lawyer.  lawyers just seem to be able to do what ever they want. 

Doesn't everybody here?

Planning to live here for over 10 years, now here almost 2 years and enjoying every minute of it in the sticks, I am really starting to see Thailand for what it really is, baseball bat wielding idiots smashing car windows, iPhone student knifed to death for his mobile, grandmothers, children raped by parents/teachers/strangers, even dogs taking it up the rear recently, corrupt cops, politicians to mention but a few, now a lawyer ripping off a wheelchair bound kid, how much lower can they stoop.

What on earth was I thinking to come and live in "the land of smiles".

I think this society is a little warped to be honest, that or dumb as <deleted>.

Still find that if I keep out of their way, I might just survive a late death, enjoying what I originally planned, a quite and affordable retirement, beats the hell out of the slave trade and cost of living back home, hhhhmmm, I might just have to ditch TVF and bury my head in the sand as I had done before I subscribed to TVF 555

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Someone who will cheat a crippled girl out of her compensation, is about as nasty a low down piece of scum that you can possibly imagine. This piece of filth needs to be found and punished to the maximum letter of the law. I just hope he still has at least some of the money.

I add to that comment, that the fact it has taken so long to get to this point, and it is only through social media that the case is now getting attention, is a damning indictment of the Thai judicial system.

Agreed but I think the only reason nothing had been done is because they don't have money to pay the police, new leech ...err I mean lawyer, judge etc Nobody does anything for free in this country. The attitude is <deleted> You pay me, got a problem? Been wronged? Pay and we can help. It's progressing now because as you say, media is involved and authorities can start to lose face. Very sad. 

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

No statute of limitations on a lump of lead

" the power of media ", might be mightier than the Police,looks like they will be

shamed (if that is possible),into finding the toerag lawyer,and hope he has not

spent all the poor girls money.

I detest lawyers, as a couple of times ,they have cost me dear,and that was in UK.

regards worgeordie

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Planning to live here for over 10 years, now here almost 2 years and enjoying every minute of it in the sticks, I am really starting to see Thailand for what it really is, baseball bat wielding idiots smashing car windows, iPhone student knifed to death for his mobile, grandmothers, children raped by parents/teachers/strangers, even dogs taking it up the rear recently, corrupt cops, politicians to mention but a few, now a lawyer ripping off a wheelchair bound kid, how much lower can they stoop.

I think this society is a little warped to be honest, that or dumb as faaarrrrk.

Still find that if I keep out of their way, I might just survive a late death, enjoying what I originally planned, a quite and affordable retirement, beats the hell out of the slave trade and cost of living back home, hhhhmmm, I might just have to ditch TVF and bury my head in the sand as I had done before I subscribed to TVF 555

This is EXACTLY why Thais don't want long-stayers. Come for two weeks in Phuket and you don't see what a corrupt and morally bankrupt society Thailand has (well, apart from the tuk tuk drivers you'd encounter in Phuket, but the two--week millionaires will still see them as cheap compared to home as they look through their rose-coloured glasses). Stay around a while and the stink begins to hit you.

Now we know how the name 'criminal lawyers' arises from.

".... prosecuted and struck off." That will protect the good (and I use that term lightly) reputation of the rest of the legal profession.

Seize all his assets even those that have been hidden/given away to avoid his responsibilities followed by a long term of solitary confinement in jail.

I think this society is a little warped to be honest, that or dumb as faaarrrrk.

You were very naive to believe "The Land of Smiles" nonsense which is just tourist marketing. Thailand has all the crimes and depravity found in western countries and all the corruption and lack of health & safety found elsewhere in South East Asia. People should have realistic expectations!