All kittens must receive rabies vaccine, new regulation requires

All kittens must receive rabies vaccine, new regulation requires

c1.png

A new regulation, which became effective recently, requires all pet cats to receive a rabies vaccine.

The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives issued the new regulation last Friday stating that cats must receive their first rabies shot before they turn four months old.

According to the 1992 Rabies Act, animals under the ministerial regulations must be vaccinated to prevent rabies. Previously, only dogs were listed in the regulation, reported MThai.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/kittens-must-receive-rabies-vaccine-new-regulation-requires/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-06-30

My pussy foams at the mouth, has done so for years... but it is not rabies because I inject the pussy quite often (as a preventative measure). 

I do do not object to pussies getting a daily injection

14 hours ago, perthperson said:

A regulation which does not address the problem of 1000's(millions?) of feral cats/dogs.

Until the feral animal population is reduced rabies will remain endemic. 

I was required to undergo the rabies vaccination series after being bitten by a neighbour's cat, one of those little "love nips". I do not know which neighbour, but he showed up one day sporting a new collar so I knew he has other "sponsors". 
I developed a nasty case of cellulitis as a result, and went to the hospital. Five days of IV antibiotics, plus ten days of high powered oral meds as well.  As I could not say it was my cat and had been vaccinated against rabies, the public health protocol required that I be treated against rabies.
Next time somebody says "You dog, you"...:smile:

That's a laugh. Who will round up the cats in my area? Very few dogs, it's a muslim area, but many cats which seem to like to crap in my garden, one of the few places not concreted over.:sick:

2 hours ago, bobbymack said:

With all the proposals coming up by this idiotic junta you would think that money grows on trees. Wait...  they will probably come up with that claim soon - that they have found a way to grow money on trees.

Yep, the hub of money trees... 

10 hours ago, wirat69 said:

My pussy foams at the mouth, has done so for years... but it is not rabies because I inject the pussy quite often (as a preventative measure). 

I do do not object to pussies getting a daily injection

That was cats, not furry pussies, but you're right, daily pussy injection is the way to go? 

16 hours ago, bobbymack said:

With all the proposals coming up by this idiotic junta you would think that money grows on trees. Wait...  they will probably come up with that claim soon - that they have found a way to grow money on trees.

They have, it' botanical name is Farangus Allus Treeus Machineus.  (common name, Walking ATM,):sorry::wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

This is a sensible idea, I always make sure our cats are up to date, unfortunately here the owners dont take any notice of the law  and nobody enforces it! Its up to you seems to be the way whether you are the public or the police. Part of the tradition here, the tradition the PM all to often tells us he wants to keep alive and promote, welcome to the living past where the future never arrives and there is nothing we can do about it.