Kalasin boys kept in chains and beaten by wicked parents

rooster59

Kalasin boys kept in chains and beaten by wicked parents

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzUxNy8yNTg3NjIyL25ld3MxMS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

Two boys aged 12 and 13 have told police in Kalasin that their parents kept them in chains and beat them repeatedly.

The alarming case emerged in Sondej district of the north eastern Thai province after the phoo yai ban saw one of the boys covered in blood and in chains by the side of the road.

His elder brother was trying to help him run away from something - that something later turned out to be their parents. The boys have a separate mother and father.

Rachen Phromrat rushed the boys to hospital. The 12 year old had a chain attached to his left ankle and a head wound that required stitches.

Police were immediately called but the boys were in shock and would not talk.

After medical care was administered they were taken into care at a children's home.

It emerged later that the father of the 12 year old is a man called Narong and the 13 year old's mother is a woman called Bunyart.

After the boys had recovered a little they told investigators that their parents picked on them in turns by putting them in chains and assaulting them.

Police in Somdej district are yet to lay charges against the parents but this remains a distinct possibility as their investigations continue.

The manager of the children's home said that the boys were now safe from harm.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-01

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police in Somdej district are yet to lay charges against the parents but this remains a distinct possibility as their investigations continue.

Seriously? These evil lowlifes should have been arrested and put in jail immediately. How much investigating do you need to do in such a blatant case of abuse?

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Seriously? These evil lowlifes should have been arrested and put in jail immediately. How much investigating do you need to do in such a blatant case of abuse?

But we're too busy selling police T shirts!

16 minutes ago, KIWIBATCH said:

sorry we cant arrest the parents just yet...we are very busy chasing and trying locate a hungry ghost in Isaan

KIWIBATCHplease refrain from comments like that, i nearly spilt my coffee.:cheesy:

I know I am going to get a lot of slack from this post but two boys aged 12 and 13, now that can be a handful as we have 4 kids, twin boys 13 who used to get up to no good, the girls 8 and 3 and are easy, although painful at times.

We moved here almost 2 years ago, prior to that the boys lived with their grandparents for 9 years while we lived in Australia, we didn't want to take them out of the country for our own reasons.

We later found out that the boys did as they pleased, went where they wanted, did what they wanted and when the Mrs would call to talk to them at say 8pm, her parents would say, oh, they haven't come home yet, a usual response from them and of course they never disciplined the boys, something which is common in Thai culture. My wife was both sad and concerned, but didn't express it, although as a parent I know and can appreciate what its like to be away from a child, i.e. previous marriage.

We both knew what we would be up against because the old saying is, the 1st 7 years is when the tree grows, after that, it doesn't bend.

The 1st year was the hardest when we moved here, the boys eating habits were like dogs that had never seen food, they lacked hygiene and nutrition, they lied constantly and never brushed their teeth or would want to wash, fortunately the wife has broken them in, I mean if you knew what how she beat them with a bamboo stick for being seen, flying at warp speed on a motorbike with their visiting Bangkok cousin who would also drink alcohol at 11 years old while riding, his mother having given up and sending him to the village.

They were told motorbikes were out period, unless it was mum or dad, you would cringe as I did, it took her 6 months to bring them in line, going out on weekends was out because they never answered their mobiles, were not where they said they were going, she sent them both back to the grandparents house to live, with them pleading to come back after a few days, must have been the lack of food, uncomfortable beds, as in the straw mate on the floor, one bedroom, no working TV and no air conditioning ?

Today her voice is still raised constantly, although they listen and do, i.e. sweep and mop the house when they return home from school, the school was changed due to the lack of discipline the teachers dished and no homework, which is now done on daily basis from the new school, they wash their clothes and iron them, and assistance when mum is cooking.

I have to say they are turning out to be fine young men, polite and eat more civilly and put their plates in the sink, they can still be annoying, but while I do not agree to the use of chains on human beings, let alone animals, or the hitting of a child, these two guys must have gotten up to some repetitive mischief to be chained up, and beaten in my opinion, although I hope I am wrong.

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 hours ago, shaurene said:

It is so Sad this type of evil can happen in this age.

But they dont live in this age. they are even  probably unaware that this is the 21st century.they were probably beaten as kids, and their opinion is, 'that if it was good enough for us, its good enough for our kids.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Interesting insight into Thai culture and how kids are brought up by an older generation. Hopefully that has changed, or is changing.

Actually it's becoming more accepted as the norm and more prevalent. Have babies and send them, as quickly as possible (still small babies) to grandma.

The Sociology faculty at one of the top Thai universities has been monitoring and researching this for perhaps two decades.

Their reports are disturbing on many factors. Some items:

- Grandma too frail to take care of little children.

- Grandma gives no discipline, often because she believes that's not her role.

- Kids miss school often - Grandma locked into the idea that kids just go to school to play - let them play at home and no bus costs.

- Grandmas knowledge of nutrition often very limited to zero.

In a different category:

- Researchers talk to kids in Essan (and other areas) and get the following comments  / information:

- Yes I have a mother and a father but I forget what they look like.

- Mummy used to send me gifts for my birthday but not for the last xx years.

- No I never speak to mummy or daddy on the phone.

- Researchers talk to the parents, many work in factories in: Ayuthaya, Chonburi, etc., and shops and offices etc., in Bangkok etc:

- It's too far to travel for a quick visit.

- I feel like a stranger and I don't know what to say to my kids. Could also be: last

time I felt so uncomfortable to try to talk my kids so I haven't been back. 

- I don't ask questions about what my kids eat eating because grandma might be

offended. Similar comments about discipline.

- I don't talk about school because I think the kids can't give me any real answers

and I don't talk about school to grandma because she doesn't understand anything

about school.

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I know I am going to get a lot of slack from this post but two boys aged 12 and 13, now that can be a handful as we have 4 kids, twin boys 13 who used to get up to no good, the girls 8 and 3 and are easy, although painful at times.

We moved here almost 2 years ago, prior to that the boys lived with their grandparents for 9 years while we lived in Australia, we didn't want to take them out of the country for our own reasons.

We later found out that the boys did as they pleased, went where they wanted, did what they wanted and when the Mrs would call to talk to them at say 8pm, her parents would say, oh, they haven't come home yet, a usual response from them and of course they never disciplined the boys, something which is common in Thai culture. My wife was both sad and concerned, but didn't express it, although as a parent I know and can appreciate what its like to be away from a child, i.e. previous marriage.

We both knew what we would be up against because the old saying is, the 1st 7 years is when the tree grows, after that, it doesn't bend.

The 1st year was the hardest when we moved here, the boys eating habits were like dogs that had never seen food, they lacked hygiene and nutrition, they lied constantly and never brushed their teeth or would want to wash, fortunately the wife has broken them in, I mean if you knew what how she beat them with a bamboo stick for being seen, flying at warp speed on a motorbike with their visiting Bangkok cousin who would also drink alcohol at 11 years old while riding, his mother having given up and sending him to the village.

They were told motorbikes were out period, unless it was mum or dad, you would cringe as I did, it took her 6 months to bring them in line, going out on weekends was out because they never answered their mobiles, were not where they said they were going, she sent them both back to the grandparents house to live, with them pleading to come back after a few days, must have been the lack of food, uncomfortable beds, as in the straw mate on the floor, one bedroom, no working TV and no air conditioning ?

Today her voice is still raised constantly, although they listen and do, i.e. sweep and mop the house when they return home from school, the school was changed due to the lack of discipline the teachers dished and no homework, which is now done on daily basis from the new school, they wash their clothes and iron them, and assistance when mum is cooking.

I have to say they are turning out to be fine young men, polite and eat more civilly and put their plates in the sink, they can still be annoying, but while I do not agree to the use of chains on human beings, let alone animals, or the hitting of a child, these two guys must have gotten up to some repetitive mischief to be chained up, and beaten in my opinion, although I hope I am wrong.

You are probably wrong, as some parents are just evil and enjoy inflicting misery and pain on their kids, particularly when they are step kids it seems.  I used to believe the do-gooders when they said that there is good in everyone, but my life's experience has taught me that some people are simply beyond redemption.

4Myego said:

"I know I am going to get a lot of slack from this post but two boys aged 12 and 13, now that can be a handful as we have 4 kids, twin boys 13 who used to get up to no good, the girls 8 and 3 and are easy, although painful at times."

I suspect that you are more likely to get a lot of FLAK from your post than SLACK, but who knows?

58 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Actually it's becoming more accepted as the norm and more prevalent. Have babies and send them, as quickly as possible (still small babies) to grandma.

The Sociology faculty at one of the top Thai universities has been monitoring and researching this for perhaps two decades.

Their reports are disturbing on many factors. Some items:

- Grandma too frail to take care of little children.

- Grandma gives no discipline, often because she believes that's not her role.

- Kids miss school often - Grandma locked into the idea that kids just go to school to play - let them play at home and no bus costs.

- Grandmas knowledge of nutrition often very limited to zero.

In a different category:

- Researchers talk to kids in Essan (and other areas) and get the following comments  / information:

- Yes I have a mother and a father but I forget what they look like.

- Mummy used to send me gifts for my birthday but not for the last xx years.

- No I never speak to mummy or daddy on the phone.

- Researchers talk to the parents, many work in factories in: Ayuthaya, Chonburi, etc., and shops and offices etc., in Bangkok etc:

- It's too far to travel for a quick visit.

- I feel like a stranger and I don't know what to say to my kids. Could also be: last

time I felt so uncomfortable to try to talk my kids so I haven't been back. 

- I don't ask questions about what my kids eat eating because grandma might be

offended. Similar comments about discipline.

- I don't talk about school because I think the kids can't give me any real answers

and I don't talk about school to grandma because she doesn't understand anything

about school.

A bit more:

The sociology research has been going on long enough to track the behaviors and attitudes etc., of the kids brought up by grandma with little,  very little, zero contact / attention / guidance / caring / love from actual parents:

The research shown clearly that these kids who are now young adults have no knowledge or understanding whatever of the role of a parent or the typical activities of mother / father and mostly do a very poor job of parenting if they have kids and the kids stay with them. But the data shows that in most cases they just ship the kids off to grandma or whoever.  

Ultimate point - breakdown of the family / building of dis-functional families.

18 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

You are probably wrong, as some parents are just evil and enjoy inflicting misery and pain on their kids, particularly when they are step kids it seems.  I used to believe the do-gooders when they said that there is good in everyone, but my life's experience has taught me that some people are simply beyond redemption.

If I am wrong then I hope the parents get what's coming to them, but here in Thailand, I doubt the penalty will be severe enough as opposed to the western system, that is, when its working properly. 

14 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

4Myego said:

"I know I am going to get a lot of slack from this post but two boys aged 12 and 13, now that can be a handful as we have 4 kids, twin boys 13 who used to get up to no good, the girls 8 and 3 and are easy, although painful at times."

I suspect that you are more likely to get a lot of FLAK from your post than SLACK, but who knows?

Yes FLAK, my bad, typo, so far so good, however, to further note, the discipline we give to our kids as their parents, we believe is fair, we both know when it becomes too much, to walk away and leave the matter, only to return to it when one has cooled, we support each other fully and always provide lengthy explanations as to why the kids are being disciplined,  i.e. right from wrong, not everyone will agree, but their wasn't a manual last time I looked, suffice to say, the kids we see out there and what they get away with, is tomorrow's problem society has to face.

7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

If I am wrong then I hope the parents get what's coming to them, but here in Thailand, I doubt the penalty will be severe enough as opposed to the western system, that is, when its working properly. 

As you intimate, the penalty for these parents will probably be totally inadequate and will probably be less severe than had they beaten their dog. The police and many people on social media in this country seem to react more harshly to those who treat dogs badly, even though, conversely, hundreds of thousands of dogs are under-nourished and lacking in any kind of medical treatment.  

No child should ever be chained.

Yet i can understand why the parents were driven to such lengths.

My sister in law has 2 boys, one 13, one 9, they are absolute little sh..s.

Do what they want, when they want, respect no one.

We are lucky in the fact that because i will not allow their antics here, they have stopped coming to our home.

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I applaud your transformation of the boys. Whilst I do not condone beating kids, the circumstances in your case warranted it ( as long as it was light but very stingy)

how i I wish I had been given the chance to dis inline my step son ( by marriage never actually adopted) coz I would still hav e one of our cars, around 1,400,000 baht cash and many of my expensive collectors items that the lying thieving <deleted> took.

reason he did not go to Aus was because his fathers family told everyone we wanted to take the kids to aus to sell them into prostitution but they would let them go if we paid the family 1.0 mio baht.

now that is a reflection of the attitude here and is 100% true. 

When i think, we got caned pretty regularly at school for free now you have to pay for it.!

"times they are a changing"

:post-4641-1156693976:

:sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry:

33 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

I applaud your transformation of the boys. Whilst I do not condone beating kids, the circumstances in your case warranted it ( as long as it was light but very stingy)

how i I wish I had been given the chance to dis inline my step son ( by marriage never actually adopted) coz I would still hav e one of our cars, around 1,400,000 baht cash and many of my expensive collectors items that the lying thieving <deleted> took.

reason he did not go to Aus was because his fathers family told everyone we wanted to take the kids to aus to sell them into prostitution but they would let them go if we paid the family 1.0 mio baht.

now that is a reflection of the attitude here and is 100% true. 

When i think, we got caned pretty regularly at school for free now you have to pay for it.!

"times they are a changing"

:post-4641-1156693976:

:sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry:

I cannot believe the amount of likes I have been getting on my short post, good to see people agree with our methods, the Thai's in the village are sceptical though, which doesn't bother us as I am sure they wouldn't know discipline if it hit them in the head.

Sorry to here about your losses and experience, although I give full credit to my Mrs, she rules with an iron fist, luckily not with me, she is an angel, but when she goes to raise that snakes head on a bad day, I put my foot over the back of her neck so to speak so that she cannot bite me, its an old Greek saying.

She has given me 100% support to belt them, but as I have said to her many times, my hand is heavier than yours, the boys fear me when I raise my voice, as I did my dad, actually I feared him a lot, just the front gate squeaking back home made me and my 3 brothers take off into different direction looking for cover, with him walking in giving us a Polly waffle, or a Cherry ripe or a Flake, those were the good moments I remember, the bad I have blocked out, but I know discipline works 1st hand as much as I hate myself sometimes for my actions, you can't let them run wild, they need to be tort and we are the teachers, some of us harder than others.

Who said being a parent was easy, I can now reflect on my parents and say to myself home on earth could they raise 4 boys in a 2 bedroom apartment and not go insane, we are in a 6 bedroom house and it is not big enough with 4 kids unless I go and lock myself away down the back, which is most times.

It probably helped when mum worked night shift as a nurse and dad the usual day shift till late, for us, school hours are the best...lol      

Edited by 4MyEgo