The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

It was such a beautifull day, and now WWIII may start....

Wife tells me that a friend asked on facebook for second hand clothes (school uniform) for his baby son.

Wife suggests I give them the money for buying clothes.

"Because I think he poor, he borrow money from my son and not pay back".

Whaaaaaaaat?

"He lose money from banana plantation too much".

Whaaaaaaaat? We gave him the young plants.....

My wife can be such a philantrop..... with my money.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It's in their nature, culture or whatever you want to call it to do this. I think it gives them a certain kudos and stature to think that they are able (via you) to be generous to all and sundry.
The dilemma is of course it never stops at a few clothes and before you know it every person and their dog will be dropping hints for handouts. For us it's a couple of quid to start with and not gonna hurt the bank one iota. But that's normally just he start.
I have no qualms personally about saying no to my partner. I'd rather nip it on the bud early on the pay for it later.
I appreciate some people find it hard to say no especially if you are generous in nature as many of us are.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think it gives them a certain kudos and stature to think that they are able (via you) to be generous to all and sundry.

Making merit for the next life, and "Face"...

• Like 2

On 13/09/2017 at 1:43 PM, oldhippy said:

It was such a beautifull day, and now WWIII may start....

Wife tells me that a friend asked on facebook for second hand clothes (school uniform) for his baby son.

Wife suggests I give them the money for buying clothes.

"Because I think he poor, he borrow money from my son and not pay back".

Whaaaaaaaat?

"He lose money from banana plantation too much".

Whaaaaaaaat? We gave him the young plants.....

My wife can be such a philantrop..... with my money.

It's never difficult to spend and give away other people's money...

You just need to be in the position to do that!

:unsure:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

for you George, maybe last time music post as it's going quiet. anyway the rest of you who have been on this ride it's been a pleasure and hope you liked the music along the way. if any of you want to meet up for a beer on the beach in Rayong just pm.

The last proper Genesis album, before it turned into the Phil Collins pop group.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

So that's it then it's all over for the poisonous brother in law. I'll start digging then lol.

I'm ok with the FIL situation at present. Mrs is not telling them we moved 100m away until we have moved. Her decision. We have started supplying them sugary foods and old age people's milk instead of cash as they do not have a clue what to do with cash and we saw a weight loss in the elders which alarmed us and we take the digital scales down every 2 weeks and in a month MIL has gained nearly 2kg. This all gets recorded in front of them in a book and the Mrs calls every day to confirm they have eaten the cakes and drank the milk. The BIL is still in no man's land but in the plus side at least we can swe the cash improving their day to day and very likely, prolonging them.

Nearly three months to the day but I reckon someone has a gripe with a BIL somewhere in thailand.

Whose ready to take the baton on this? 

PLEASE, DON'T give them sugary food unless you want them to get diabetes and rot any teeth they have left. There are better ways to put weight on.

• Like 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

PLEASE, DON'T give them sugary food unless you want them to get diabetes and rot any teeth they have left. There are better ways to put weight on.

Spoke to some friends who are in the medical profession and read various reports prior to making a decision. Required a sustainable fast acting addition to their diet which had very little sugar content prior.  They were frail before their time and the sugar has increased energy and everyone seems more upbeat.  I was more worried about the old dear croaking than getting diabetes and that has not changed. But thanks for your input and don't be shy on info.  If you have sustainable suggestions I am listening.

Edited by Rc2702
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, Odysseus123 said:

I do not often see my old friends from this topic on TV anymore.

It's a bit of a shame really.

Hoping that you are all well.

Ody.

Helloooooooooo Ody

Great to see your post!

Without "our" thread the forum is not the same anymore.....

Is everything well with you? Have the Australian doctors (and nurses 555) fixed you up?

Let us know how things are going with you, after your "great escape"!

• Like 2