Cabbie confessed to raping a Chinese tourist

rooster59

Maybe now we can get the Army to start checking taxis for licences, etc to ensure they are registered instead of using hundreds of them to raid bars & entertainment venues where lets face it we are only having a bit of fun in

a controlled environment

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I am in no way taking the side of the scum rapist, but my question is why did she sit in the front seat. Surely it is always safer to sit in the back of the car.

What on Earth is the point to your comment if you are not directing an element of blame to the victim. This should never happen regardless of where a person sits. Next you will tell me her skirt was too short and then derive that farangs are to blame. Pffffft 

Edited by Trexpat

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Sir, If you read my post I said I was not making any excuses for the scumbag. I agree wholly with what you say, my point was that common sense should dictate that you do not sit in the front seat of a car with a complete stranger, regardless of whether it is a taxi, or not. 

So you're putting some blame on her, then. It's not the kind of advice a victim wants to hear after the fact. 

When you do this, it gives people who might be the kind to rape an excuse in their head to justify it. 

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I am in no way taking the side of the scum rapist, but my question is why did she sit in the front seat. Surely it is always safer to sit in the back of the car.

Or better still maybe women passengers should sit on the roof on a roof rack. That way if the driver has ill intentions the woman can leap off and get clear within a moment.

4 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

10 years for rape, since he confessed he will get reduced sentence 5 years. After serving 1 year n 10months he will be released on Amnesty on the King's birthday. Next.

Miserable POS deserves full castration

8 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

sounds a bit perverted

a long custodial sentence and prison justice sounds better for me

True story.

57 years ago in England when I was a little kid, can remember our neighbour and his wife who had a beautiful daughter. Thinking back she was probably about 19 or 20 years old at the time. Even as a little kid I could see all was not right with her. She walked about like a zombie, sort of in a dream state and when I said hello to her she smiled childishly and had a blank expression.

I asked my dad what was wrong with her. Dad told me that at 17 years old she was raped. I did not know what raped mean`t and dad explained it to me as discretely as he could me being a child but I still did not fully understand it. She was not harmed physically but mentally she went into deep shock and never recovered. Later on as I grew up I began to realise how horrific the acts of rape can be and when I think back to that young woman who I don`t know what happened to her later on, whether she recovered or not, I really do feel that the crime of rape deserves a life sentence or even the death penalty.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So the taxi driver was fake, and his taxi license was fake.

Does that mean the green and yellow taxi car he was driving was fake also? As in, it was really purple color and it was just an illusion that it was painted green and yellow just like hundreds/thousands of other regular taxis in Bangkok????

Or, perhaps someone should be asking, where did this guy get his taxi vehicle from?  Ooopps... no mention of that in the article.

I was thinking similar thoughts. I will guess the taxi was stolen. 

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

Yes, it's British; I crack myself up sometimes.

This reminds me of a quote from an old TV series "Alf". He would crack a joke then say "Hah, I kill me!"

1 hour ago, RayD said:

I would be surprised if he gets off lightly. The Chinese government are actually quite good at "insisting" that people who assault their citizens abroad get properly punished. Pity the same isn't true for us farangs.

True, but we are not offering "buy 2 submarines get one free" deal

9 hours ago, fruitman said:

Ohh a fake cabbie, then we don't need a feelgood story about the taxi's this week...mai pen lai.

She said he refused to use the meter and was rude and abusive so thought him real!

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Let us hope this scumbag gets a reasonably long sentence, and gets to serve in a hard core prison, where his fellow inmates will show him the true meaning of rape, and allow him to experience how that feels, repeatedly. My guess, is that they will give him special treatment, reserved for incredibly soft men, who rape women. He will be made to feel most welcome, and will be treated with alot of affection and tenderness. 

That is all dependent on them being able to find a judge with character, integrity, courage, and the willingness to convict this worm. A nationwide manhunt for this judge might have to be undertaken.

Inmates don't do that in Thailand.

I have just returned from Thailand and the taxi drivers are getting worse. one <deleted> charged my  girlfriend 600 baht to the airport after we had booked the hotel from our hotel. The following day I booked a taxi from the same hotel and he used the meter  but  on arrival at the airport did not want to give me  any change so he wanted 200 baht tip. hello.  In future if possible I will use the sky train and I am tired of those scumbs. If I arrive late  just book a car to pattaya 1000 baht . or   book a hotel at airport  with transfers and get the sky train to the  city next morning  . in the first case I reported the taxi and the hotel said  the driver would be fined 1000 baht who knows. best to avoid the problem by using sky train or airport bus

9 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

"But we have to crack down on UBER"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohhhh the humanity of it all , uber taking jobs away from no wash feet rapists fake taxie drivers , ohhhhh where will it end  ?

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

"Once arriving at the crime scene near the Kanchanapisek expressway, the cabbie allegedly forcibly took away the victim’s mobile phone and threatened her with a knife to demand cash from her.

Then he drove the car to an isolated point by the roadside and sexually assaulted her in his car"

Scum. 

Hope this piece of shit rots in gaol for a long time. 

That gets my vote!!!! Wonder how he did the rape re enactment, with a locel dog perhaps? Anyway no doubt he will get all the re enactments in clink.

1 hour ago, globalspark said:

I have just returned from Thailand and the taxi drivers are getting worse. one <deleted> charged my  girlfriend 600 baht to the airport after we had booked the hotel from our hotel. The following day I booked a taxi from the same hotel and he used the meter  but  on arrival at the airport did not want to give me  any change so he wanted 200 baht tip. hello.  In future if possible I will use the sky train and I am tired of those scumbs. If I arrive late  just book a car to pattaya 1000 baht . or   book a hotel at airport  with transfers and get the sky train to the  city next morning  . in the first case I reported the taxi and the hotel said  the driver would be fined 1000 baht who knows. best to avoid the problem by using sky train or airport bus

There are some good limo companies, pricey but cheaper than airport limos, set price and believe it or not good drivers. I would rather pay more for a hassel free and safer trip. Check on the net.

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

That's a good idea. Blame the victim. Young women take note, don't think you're safe sitting in the front seat of a cab. It's a temptation. 

AhFarangJa, why did you say that? How embarrassing for you!

40 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

There are some good limo companies, pricey but cheaper than airport limos, set price and believe it or not good drivers. I would rather pay more for a hassel free and safer trip. Check on the net.

It is the booking thing. Often the booked taxis overcharge. I have very little problem with the taxis I flag, and ask to use the meter. Very rarely do I have an issue.

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So the taxi driver was fake, and his taxi license was fake.

Does that mean the green and yellow taxi car he was driving was fake also? As in, it was really purple color and it was just an illusion that it was painted green and yellow just like hundreds/thousands of other regular taxis in Bangkok????

Or, perhaps someone should be asking, where did this guy get his taxi vehicle from?  Ooopps... no mention of that in the article.

I bet it's a normal taxi but with fake/stolen plates....and he probably drove around as taxi for a long time..

Several times i 've been in taxi's where the driver does NOT at all look like the one on the id-card.

9 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

In China, where it is safe to catch a taxi, most women will sit in the front and talk to the driver.

If I read the story rightly his first thought was to rob her of her money (nothing out of the ordinary there) and then the sex was an afterthought.

And also she is used to sit in the back if she comes from China. 

Front is way safer. You're far more likely to be in an accident than be raped/robbed and most taxis lack of seat belts in the back.

2 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

That's a good idea. Blame the victim. Young women take note, don't think you're safe sitting in the front seat of a cab. It's a temptation. 

AhFarangJa, why did you say that? How embarrassing for you!

Potentially there was a shirt  hanging from the hanger above the passenger door and maybe a uniform or sorts on the other door, I've seen this on some very dodgy taxis - infact I mistakenly got in one once outside a market but I dont think I was his type so thankfully uneventful journey, but I'm sure there are other reasons too such as broken door. Also it doesn't mention if he dropped her friends off earlier.  On the signs to watch out for a dangling buddha or seven covering the meter is always a good sign.. 

Just thinking too the passenger door could of been blocked by a lamp post or the semmingly many other objects that obstruct walkways in Bangkok, new condo advertisements, motorbike on pavements. It was probably wasn't a wise decision, but maybe she was waiting a while and didn't want to let the first free taxi in 20mins go.. we've all made mistakes that at time seem trivial but end up costing us mightly. Don't blame the victim. 

Edited by buyacinux