Pattaya Klang-Suk Junction at the tunnel is open.

Thailand J

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Important angle on the junction. Can you come off NPW, turn left and slide right through the junction and enter  Klang like you used to be able to do and avoid the 1 km run to the u-turn past Khao Noi?

Sure can, but you need to fight the traffic to get across just like the old days !!

4 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Sure can, but you need to fight the traffic to get across just like the old days !!

Yeah, exciting times, battling speeding mini-trucks, impatient Thai moto riders, south-bound tour buses full of Chinese and motorcycles with no headlights at night.  The good old days, indeed. LOL

Instead of NPW I prefer to go to Soi Siam, wait for the light when the South bound traffic on Suk is stopped to cross.

When I go from Klang I also stop at the light, wait for the N bound traffic to stop to cross Suk. NEVER try to cross Suk when the traffic is flowing, it is suicidal.

3 hours ago, Thailand J said:

Instead of NPW I prefer to go to Soi Siam, wait for the light when the South bound traffic on Suk is stopped to cross.

When I go from Klang I also stop at the light, wait for the N bound traffic to stop to cross Suk. NEVER try to cross Suk when the traffic is flowing, it is suicidal.

Yeah, the short, sharp, mad merger from NPW into flying southbound traffic certainly was a challenge 24/7. So the lights are working at Soi Siam and Suk again? Excellent. Then one can motor up northbound Suk to the bus station instead of going up to Hwy 7. I'm seriously considering moving back to the Pattaya and the Darkside. 

Yeah, the short, sharp, mad merger from NPW into flying southbound traffic certainly was a challenge 24/7. So the lights are working at Soi Siam and Suk again? Excellent. Then one can motor up northbound Suk to the bus station instead of going up to Hwy 7. I'm seriously considering moving back to the Pattaya and the Darkside. 

They were not on on Sat - junction there was still blocked with concrete barriers.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:57 AM, johng said:

It was a perfect candidate for a "roundabout" not that they work here, the trial one on Jomtien 2nd and wat boon junction has been removed and the one at North Pattaya crippled...emoji20.png:(

Exactly on the top of the tunnel should have all been round abouts.

Let's wait till they open the SSCC junction and activate the traffic lights there, it is already a disaster now with only the Klang lights activated.

6 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Exactly on the top of the tunnel should have all been round abouts.

Let's wait till they open the SSCC junction and activate the traffic lights there, it is already a disaster now with only the Klang lights activated.

Surely the through traffic will use the tunnel to avoid the 2 sets of traffic lights.

3 hours ago, Orac said:

They were not on on Sat - junction there was still blocked with concrete barriers.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

So, Thailand J has actually not been through that junction since the old days,  more than 2 and a half years ago.  

11 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

So, Thailand J has actually not been through that junction since the old days,  more than 2 and a half years ago.  

I think Thailand J was saying turn left from SSC onto Suk when the light at Klang is red so as to be able to merge across to turn right more easily once traffic flow resumes to avoid running the gauntlet from NPW.

Well that's how I red his/her post anyways.

Edited by Techno Viking

Maybe s/he will be along to expand on his/her post. Anyway, the important goal is, having SSCC lights operating so that we can exit Klang and cross Suk at the SSCC junction. Then  either go south to Numchai or NPW in order to get to NPW. But it seems the SSCC lights are non-functioning, in any case.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

14 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Maybe s/he will be along to expand on his/her post. Anyway, the important goal is, having SSCC lights operating so that we can exit Klang and cross Suk at the SSCC junction. Then  either go south to Numchai or NPW in order to get to NPW. But it seems the SSCC lights are non-functioning, in any case.

I doubt we will the SSC lights/junction functioning until the tunnel opens.

I can't go from NPW or Soi Siam into Klang in a way that I feel safe without the light working at Siam-Suk  junction.  When the light was working ( yes, it has been a while) I prefer to use the light instead of going out into Suk from NPW. Now that the light is not working I just have to go S for a U.

From Klang to NPW this is how I do it, now that the light at Klang-Suk junction is working:

Klang.JPG

Edited by Thailand J

• 3 weeks later...

Well, isn't this great? I got back to the Darkside last weekend. I tried to cross on the moto from NPW to Klang by joining Suk from SSCC and heading south. Blocked by orange barriers. Still had to go down to the u-turn past Khao Noi.

On the return, tried to cross from northbound Suk and onto SSCC. Blocked. Only the crossing (actually the u-turn lane) is just a bit north of Numchai's driveway. To get to NPW, I rode with all the other cheaters and threaded my way through the dense two lanes of traffic headed southbound and into Numchai. Not fun!

Oh, the surprise! Oh, the joys! This won't do. I have a feeling it's going to be like this for some time. 

Additionally, today I tried to ride down to Khao Noi along the southbound road beside the PT gas station (9 something, 1 something), which turns into Boonsamphan 3/1. They've dug up both lanes on the top of the hill by the hotel. No passage. They desperately needed to fix this road, that's for sure.

This move back here is not working so well. In fact, it all seems worse.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

On 7/2/2017 at 10:07 AM, Pdaz said:

A roundabout woyld be fine anywhere else. They can't use them here. The concept of 'give way' and 'merge' are just totally unknown in the land of selfish drivers.

Yeah, too sad. The roundabout in Jomtien was good, although most of the people do not know how to use it, e.g. stopping in the middle of the roundabout to let people in or using an indicator when entering the roundabout instead of when leaving.