Thai soldier who wowed the internet with his English skills turns out to be half Thai/ half Singaporean

webfact

13 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Now you got me curious,  if it was you or me,  Thai/Singapore Citizen I rather chose Singapore but of course I would really have to consider which gave me the greater benefit.

Could be the parent in Thailand have much land for the heir...?.

Would be a win-win. Being a PR in Singapore allows you to work, buy public subsidised housing, and get subsidised medical care.

While being a Thai allows you to work here, own businesses that foreigners can't, and to own land.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Now you got me curious,  if it was you or me,  Thai/Singapore Citizen I rather chose Singapore but of course I would really have to consider which gave me the greater benefit.

How long would it take you to work that out, and its not just about the money either

I wonder what the Thai's wound think of my bad pronounciation, or language skills in Thai?

All those who are making fun of this gentleman, should ask themselves if they can align but one sentence in Thai?

Do you want that vertically or horizontally aligned?

5 minutes ago, NCFC said:

Do you want that vertically or horizontally aligned?

Whenever I try to speak Thai, I am confronted with, what did he say ... laughter ... apparent confusion from the Thai side ...

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Would be a win-win. Being a PR in Singapore allows you to work, buy public subsidised housing, and get subsidised medical care.

While being a Thai allows you to work here, own businesses that foreigners can't, and to own land.

Plus, like everybody the young soldier has own unique circumstances, values, opinions, desires and objectives and priorities, and ultimately they are his own personal and private business. 

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, oldlakey said:

How long would it take you to work that out, and its not just about the money either

You right, when it comes to me it is a no brainer I pick Singapore.

4 hours ago, trogers said:

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

You right, when it comes to me it is a no brainer I pick Singapore.

Nothing in life is as simple as some people make out, and Singapore is no different

If you meet the criteria in Singapore as a foreign worker then the benefits can be attractive

The higher up the residency  ladder you are, the more and better benefits available to you

Housing costs are the main drawback, especially for the lowest wage earners thats why thousands of Malaysians commute on a daily basis

On 7/3/2017 at 10:50 AM, ben2talk said:

... it reminds people - even Thai people - that they aren't born stupid, they must spend at least a few years studying here to achieve that status...

I spent 16 years studying in the U.S. at private schools and two well-regarded universities.  Upon graduation, I spent 3 years in the boondocks of Thailand getting that Summa Cum Stupid status. 

On 03/07/2017 at 0:07 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

Not true that a Thai can not speak excellent English.

I know a Thai woman who was listening as I made a mistake and accidently deleted some information from my computer.

I swore at my computer when it happened.

She said to me in perfect English , "Don't  cuss at your computer, you're the one who made  the mistake".

She was right, but what surprised me more was that she knew and used the  English word cuss  correctly in a sentence.

Let me guess?  She's your gf or wife and has two PhDs and studied with Einstein. 

On 7/3/2017 at 0:22 AM, aussie11950 said:

... I was shocked that they could not pronounce "THE" properly but other words were spoken very well.

Here in the USA we have squirrels in the trees.  My wife calls them screws, or thereabouts. More like squrrs.