Warning for Chevrolet drivers or those wanting to buy one.

DanCarr

Chevrolet have closed their dealerships and service centre in Phuket. HQ tell me if you need something fixed or a service then take it to your nearest dealership in KRABI. That's right, a short drive to Krabi!

They plan on opening a new dealership in Phuket sometime this year but couldn't say where or when exactly, just that it will be somewhere in the centre. Great after care as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In Samui Chevrolet moved to a new showroom as well, though it's hardly an improvement.

The after sells service is far from superior, and certainly not worth my purchase in the future.

Chevrolet showrooms around Thailand are normally very small in comparison to other dealers offering similar models.

Little to no detail appears to be placed on after sells service, 

and with the Chevrolet models being behind in features to the competition, 

it's a bit disappointing and surprising that the showrooms are so unappealing, 

and lacking on the service side. 

15 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Daft business buying anything other than big three Japanese brands in LOS, maybe also Mazda. Subaru parts are crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Mazda 11 years ago (was 2 years old).  First service went OK. Then an engine light came on, Mazda diagnosed as some exhaust sensor, ordered part and fitted for over 10,000 Baht, naturally the 3 year guarantee period had just expired the month before.  Next service dropped off the car, told to come back in an hour, came back, car not touched indeed there was not a single mechanic in sight in the workshop. I drove away and have never been back to the Mazda in Phuket Town. Gone to my local mechanic for years. 

I'm thinking of getting my next service in the new Mazda place off Chaofa West behind Honda. Any reviews to offer ??

Edited by LivinginKata
typo

I have driven Subaru in the past and like their products. I get a new car about every three years now but have been mostly driving Honda in America and Asia, since 1992. The Yaris I had stated falling apart after 36 months. Civic Si, Civic, CR-V, FIT. I never had a mechanical problem/sudden breakdown, not once. In an HR-V now, no issues. The comparable Mazda CX-5 is a bit more car, very nice, but alot more money.

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I have driven Subaru in the past and like their products. I get a new car about every three years now but have been mostly driving Honda in America and Asia, since 1992. The Yaris I had stated falling apart after 36 months. Civic Si, Civic, CR-V, FIT. I never had a mechanical problem/sudden breakdown, not once. In an HR-V now, no issues. The comparable Mazda CX-5 is a bit more car, very nice, but alot more money.

No problems with Subaru either, but their parts are very expensive. Not just in Thailand.

4 hours ago, Pinot said:

Chevy plans to stop selling cars in LOS. Trucks I believe will still be available. Poor service has been a long term issue here. 

I find it hard to understand why anyone would purchase any vehicle made thousands of miles

away and expect the same service as good as Toyota gives, and they build much superior machines

IMO. They are not the worlds number one for nothing.

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I bought a Mazda 11 years ago (was 2 years old).  First service went OK. Then an engine light came on, Mazda diagnosed as some exhaust sensor, ordered part and fitted for over 10,000 Baht, naturally the 3 year guarantee period had just expired the month before.  Next service dropped off the car, told to come back in an hour, came back, car not touched indeed there was not a single mechanic in sight in the workshop. I drove away and have never been back to the Mazda in Phuket Town. Gone to my local mechanic for years. 

I'm thinking of getting my next service in the new Mazda place off Chaofa West behind Honda. Any reviews to offer ??

I moved my service from town to Chao family, and am happy.

3 hours ago, phuketjock said:

I find it hard to understand why anyone would purchase any vehicle made thousands of miles

away and expect the same service as good as Toyota gives, and they build much superior machines

IMO. They are not the worlds number one for nothing.

Chev Thailand is made in Thailand.

In the same factory as Isuzu apparently.

Lots of parts are interchangeable.

9 hours ago, seabear said:

Does anybody have news about the service of Subaru, in Phuket?

Does it really matter?  Subaru lovers only want Subarus.  Service is secondary as there are no other cars really like them.  I wish I had that kind of coin.  I have wanted a Subaru since the Brat

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 11.56.36 PM.png

Is this the dealership on Thepkassatri Rd that opened about 2 years ago?

I took a ute there for servicing just before they finished the showroom but had the workshop ready.

Absolutely useless. 3 things to fix, written down, and then got the English speaking girl to translate to the "mechanic" what each was and then tell me what she had told him.

Each job was done one job per visit. First visit 4 days, then each subsequent visit 2 days in workshop. Just hopeless and basic stuff like returned with brake warning light still showing red.

9 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

Does it really matter?  Subaru lovers only want Subarus.  Service is secondary as there are no other cars really like them.  I wish I had that kind of coin.  I have wanted a Subaru since the Brat

Service really matters, if you only have 1 car, and you need it every day.

I am not a Subaru fan, but I like the WRX STI.

Auto Salon BKK. 5. - 9. July.

general motors (chevrolet) and Ford the 2 US makes of vehicles  have the most dissatisfied customers/ owners in Thailand, just check the motor forum

Both have sold or are selling the different brand names of vehicles they have taken over and owned

Both brands are the most unreliable brands of vehicles to buy in Thailand and seem to be losing market share world wide

Basically if you want a good reliable vehicle at a reasonable price you have to stick to Toyota,Isuzu, Honda and maybe Mazda, the first three have the best general running costs and reliability from my experience buying vehicles new and used

Just to point out the CX-5 is comparable to the CR-V. The equivalent Mazda to the HR-V is the CX-3 and unsurprisingly is in the same price range.

On 7/4/2017 at 0:56 PM, ThaiWai said:

haha yeah, the old subaru brat with the little jump seats in the back