1 Year O Visa Abroad

Is it possible to get a 1 year visa abroad without having loads of money in the bank plus 40K income every month?

I have a Non O three month vsa now that expires Feb 27, My wife is Thai, We have two sons together 3,5 years and 14 months old. And now she's pregnant again in 4th month, She will give birth in Thailand. I'm 26 years old and she's 25. Can I extend my 3 months O to a One year O without having money in the bank?

Does it make it easier for me that we have children and she's pregnant?

/Martin

You do not need money in the bank but you do need 40k per month income and proof of that for 3 months to obtain an extension of your stay at an immigration office. If you can not do that the next best would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa issued by a Consulate that would provide up to 15 months of 90 day stays. But most Consulates in the local area no longer issue them. Singapore may so that would be the place to check if you can not return to your home country and obtain. If you can not obtain the multi entry believe you will have no problem in getting another of the single entry type you now have. The requirement at most Consulates will be marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card (children birth certificates may also help).

Thank you Lopburi.

When I got my three months O at Savannakhet I asked the consular if it is possible if I for some reason cannot get a one year extention to go back to savannakhet and apply for a new Non O three months and he sain No i have to extendd it to a year visa.

One more question. My three months O is a single entry. are all three months O single entry? because i saw no option in tha application form about single and multiple.

Thanks again

/Martin

There is a multi entry but the availability is very limited now. As I said Singapore seems to be the last place in the area that has issued them. They are also often available in the home countries of applicants, especially at smaller type Consulates.

But the push is to use extension of stay and that requires the 40k income. Although Laos has not been great at providing visas (they seem to have been first with the "do not return" stamp, I do not believe you would have a problem obtaining a new non immigrant O visa from anywhere else and even suspect you might get it from Savannakhet if you had no other choice.

One thousand baht.

Question Lop:

I have a one year multi B.

I can exit right before it expires, and will probably get another 90 days, making it, in effect, a 15 month visa.

Questions are: Example it says "enter before September 12, 2007" and then I exit and enter on Sept 11, 2007. I will then be given another 90 days, "admitted until December 10, 2007".

1) Can i exit and enter between September 11 and December 10, 2007 (which is already after the "enter before" date), with the use of a re entry permit, and still be eligible for the full original 90 days until December 10, 2007 ?

2) During that last 90 days (which overlaps into the period already after the "enter before" date) am I still entitled to priviledges of a Type B visa holder (such as eligibility to get a new WP, etc.)?

Interesting questions yeah?

Edited by junkofdavid2

This post will provide a solution for you.

Yes that was a good post. But he says "I´m well over 50" and I want to know if that had something to do with why it was easier?

I´m only 26 but i will give it a try.

/Martin

hi,

im new here and im going to thailand for the 5th time in may on hopefully a 3 month visa and was wondering how to go about extending it for a year or more or how to obtain a work permitt,im going to lease my house in the uk and i think i would have about 40,000 baht per month sent to my thai bank account(if and when i can open one?)

can you get a work permitt for most jobs or is it only certain jobs?

any help with this would be great.

It does not matter how much money you send - unless you have employment/marriage/education/retirement or other such reasons you will not obtain permission to stay here for a year (or more) at a time. Work permits are issued for jobs not on list of those reserved for Thai but company has to meet very strict requirements so many would not be able to employ a foreigner.

It does not matter how much money you send - unless you have employment/marriage/education/retirement or other such reasons you will not obtain permission to stay here for a year (or more) at a time. Work permits are issued for jobs not on list of those reserved for Thai but company has to meet very strict requirements so many would not be able to employ a foreigner.

thanks for that,

so employment looks to be my best option

what about having a buisness in thailand?or what jobs sre available to farangs?

thanks for that,

so employment looks to be my best option

what about having a buisness in thailand?or what jobs sre available to farangs?

Many jobs are available to foreigners, its just that a number of companies do not want to hire foreigners because of the hassle and higher pay.

If you have the funds, you can be a shareholder in a Thai Company and be the MD. In otherwise you buy yourself a job.

As for the visa... as this would be a start up company, you could not get a extension of stay based on business until at least Jan 2008 as you need a annual audit which states your company has a balance sheet of one million Baht and had gross sales in 2007 which would be higher than your annual salaries of all foreigners in the company for 2008. This is in Bkk, in Pattaya they require that its annual net profit which must be higher than the salaries of the foreigners for the following year.

Example: Your company had a annual turnover of 1.2 million in 2007. This is higher than the 600,000 Baht salary you will have in 2008. You meet this criteria in BKK. You now have other criteria which must be met such as number of Thai employees ( 4 Thais per work permit) ,you are getting a 50K month salary as you are European/American, the company put a flyer up advertising your position and noone was qualified, that responded, your balance sheet shows at least one million Baht. These are the main criteria that must be met.

In 2007, you would get a one year multi entry visa with a work permit. You would not need to employ any Thais ( if you applied in BKK) ,get a 50K salary per month or even show a profit for the company. You would simply go outside Thailand every 90 days and then revalidate your work permit.

Only once your company was established by 2008 could you even be thinking of getting the long term visa. Immigration rules are much tougher than the Labor Dept.

Please note of one exception: If your company has Board of Investment promotions, you would qualify right away for the long term visa regardless, that you do not have a audit or the number of Thais employed.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com