U.S. prepared to use force on North Korea 'if we must' - U.N. envoy

webfact

15 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

True, there is a  fair bit of literature on 'cures' and the like. One particularly is the honey found in NK that helps with cancer.

He is very high profile and has an audience of hundreds of millions. The pharmaceutical gangsters in the US want him to shut his mouth.

I am only highlighting the obvious really. People have the ability to access facts/ideas/evidence/truth like never before. Gone are the days when the US press/media can change everybody's minds.

I think the media has been much more truthful than the government has ever been. If we invade Korea we will not ever know the real reason why. Just like Vietnam, Iraq and others.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Just like Vietnam, Iraq and others.

I have some info' on Iraq. The others I do not have any more insight' than anyone else.

At the time of the weapons of mass destruction (WMD) era, (and the 12 months before) I was active politically in the UK. It was common knowledge - in some circles - that Iraq was going to be invaded and why.

Edited by owl sees all

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

NK is little threat to the the world. All this posing and rhetoric (by both Kim and trump especially) is a smoke screen to cover the real world problems in which the US is at the centre.

Make no mistake Trump is a smart cookie. He knows the 1% who controls America. He also knows who controls the 1% (just as JFK did). This order is being challenged by;

1 Big business; especially internet and IT based.

2 People's ability to glean the facts/truth/evidence from sources other than traditional means.

3 The worsening state of the US dollar.

We have to ask ourselves why there is such trouble in the middle east; just why is NK being demonised;  why the FED (that body who partly controls the 1%) is buying back its own bonds; why the US are seemingly worshiping the Saudies (one of the most despicable regimes in the world). 

NK and Iran both have rejected the International banking system (IBS). Accepting the IBS means that the country has lost control of its currency (look at UK). The Saudies can be relied upon to continue dealing in the oil dollar, Iran certainly can't (Sadam didn't; and Iraq paid the price). The real target in the middle east is Iran. Syria was to be the start of a major conflict but Russia got in the way and held firm. China is doing similar with NK.

The US ego is huge. It still sees itself as the policeman of the world but it can't pull some countries (and unions) - that have their own agenda - into line. The US needs a big conflict and it need one quickly (within 2 years I reckon). Only a major conflict will allow the US money machine to churn out billions and not have an adverse effect on the dollar.

:coffee1:

2 hours ago, Grubster said:

ICBM

You cannot build one without the world knowing.

an incorrect assumption. look at the Chinese mobile DF41 which has a range of up to 15,000km, length ~20 meters.

g160331b.jpg

14 minutes ago, Naam said:

an incorrect assumption. look at the Chinese mobile DF41 which has a range of up to 15,000km, length ~20 meters.

g160331b.jpg

That pile of junk stands out like a penis in a cake. It Looks just like the junk NK is parading around and could be taken out with a drone at any time. They can count the fingers on your hand from a satellite.

I was referring to building missile silos like the US and Russia have that are bomb and missile proof. Russia knows where all the US silo's are and visa versa. Both the US and Russia know where all the other big nukes in the world are too, including this pile.

Do you think they can load this on a ship and send it to another country without being noticed?

4 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Do you think they can load this on a ship and send it to another country without being noticed?

why would anybody load an ICBM on a slow ship instead of firing it into another country which is (i think) much faster?

6 minutes ago, Naam said:

why would anybody load an ICBM on a slow ship instead of firing it into another country which is (i think) much faster?

Read my post 178.  I was referring to Banana who said the Japs could get big nukes shipped to them and become a nuclear power. I don't think the Japs would want one delivered by your method.

9 hours ago, simple1 said:

Trump is fumbling as he loses respect from major players in the global community

Great reception in Poland.  The Saudis loved him. The other so called players are just overstuffed chuckleheads.  The world will respect his Authority, as they have little choice.  America runs the show and any world "leader" who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:05 PM, Morch said:

There's having nukes and then there's having nukes and making threats about using them. Most countries that have nukes are rather careful on that front.

That sounds fair.I can't find and I have not heard that NK has any intentions to use their Nukes Unless they get Attacked with Nukes First,Than I would say go for it Blast the shit out of them who attacked NK first.

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

could be taken out with a drone at any time.

Id like to see a drone last longer then 5 seconds with NK's gps jamming, electronic warfare and hijacking and surface to air missiles let alone a much more sophisticated country like China.

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:17 PM, Morch said:

Even if one fully embraced the view above, there's still be the issue of an apparently unstable NK dictator with his own nuclear toys and his own belligerence. US bashing goes just so far. At the end of the day, NK will need to be addressed. Not a whole lot of clever ideas when it comes down to realistic options. 

What about the unstable US president with his nuclear toys and belligerence?

Why will NK need to be addressed?  Don't you think America needs also be addressed?  Think you seeing the problem as an American.  The world does not belong to America you know.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

That sounds fair.I can't find and I have not heard that NK has any intentions to use their Nukes Unless they get Attacked with Nukes First,Than I would say go for it Blast the shit out of them who attacked NK first.

Problem with the above is that the NK leader is a bit on the paranoid side. To put it another way, his threshold for what counts as aggression is rather low.  Far as I recall, it was not strictly specified that nukes would be used only to answer nukes. Could be wrong.

Edited by Morch

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Why will NK need to be addressed?  Don't you think America needs also be addressed?  Think you seeing the problem as an American.  The world does not belong to America you know.

The unstable US president is not a permanent fixture. The NK dictator is. One of them tweets and acts obnoxiously, the other feeds generals to dogs or take them off the payroll with AA guns. Them differences.

NK needs to be addressed. I don't particularly care if this is done by the US, the PRC or the arrival of the Mothership. Having an unstable dictator for like, with no oversight whatsoever, in control of nuclear weapons is, to quote the other unstable guy "very bad". If you were expecting a spirited defense of Trump, I'll have to disappoint. If you wish to say NK does not need to be addressed because the US is far from perfect, that's alright to. Not much of an argument, but whatever rocks your boat.

Edited by Morch

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

About 75 years ago America was attacked by the then evil empire of japan. It changed things. Now america will not let another evil empire even come close to it or its allies.

Simple as that.

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

No, actually just pointing out that there is no consensus on what to even even though there is consensus about the nature of the North Korean regime. Not all posters seem to get that.

You can point at whatever you like. I don't think it would have much of an effect on the NK regime being negatively perceived. That people dislike the US and more so, the current president, does not really do a whole lot for NK's image. Not an either/or thing.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

You can point at whatever you like. I don't think it would have much of an effect on the NK regime being negatively perceived. That people dislike the US and more so, the current president, does not really do a whole lot for NK's image. Not an either/or thing.

Now I have no idea what you're talking about. I agree (at least I think I do unless you think otherwise) that North Korea is viewed very negatively by most of the world. I don't know what this has to do with dislike of the USA, Trump or no Trump.

12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Now I have no idea what you're talking about. I agree (at least I think I do unless you think otherwise) that North Korea is viewed very negatively by most of the world. I don't know what this has to do with dislike of the USA, Trump or no Trump.

Guess you managed to confuse yourself, what with all them irrelevant side arguments over irrelevant petty points you raise. Can't help you with that. Try reading the topic again, perhaps.

2 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

Id like to see a drone last longer then 5 seconds with NK's gps jamming, electronic warfare and hijacking and surface to air missiles let alone a much more sophisticated country like China.

The technology was illegally given to China by Bill Clinton with his Loral involvement so I doubt any of that old technology will prove to be an obstacle to anything America has in our arsenal.

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

The world does not belong to America you know.

It does.  We run this world whether you like it or not.  We influence the "leaders" of this world and they bend to our will.  If not, we sweeten the pot a bit.  If that doesn't work, we kill them.  Remember Saddam?

Just now, UncleFester said:

It does.  We run this world whether you like it or not.  We influence the "leaders" of this world and they bend to our will.  If not, we sweeten the pot a bit.  If that doesn't work, we kill them.  Remember Saddam?

I think most of do remember Saddam and Iraq. If you think the Iraqi ventures proves America rules the world, it's no wonder you believe in American exceptionalism. Clearly you hail from Oppositeland.

5 minutes ago, UncleFester said:

We run this world whether you like it or not.

Who is we? I'll tell you who runs the world; Rothchilds, Vatican and Jesuits. Aided and abetted by the World clearing bank, the IMF and the FED.

7 minutes ago, UncleFester said:

.  If that doesn't work, we kill them.  Remember Saddam?

I remember JFK.

On 7/5/2017 at 9:20 PM, Emster23 said:

North Korea wants guarantees there won't be regime change. They don't want to attack USA, Japan or S Korea. It would be "game over" if they did so.

This is similar to build up before US attacked Iraq. Saddam wasn't going to attack USA either.... that didn't work out so well, did it?

i think Saddam may disagree with that "working out well" part