Help....Fixed vs. Dynamic IP Account with 3-BB

moonseeker

Good day;

I am aware of general difference of Fixed/Dynamic. 

Still, can anybody enlighten me if I do better with a Fixed 300/150    vs. a Dynamic 300/150 Account with 3-BB. I am talking speed-wise/ bandwidth/reliability? Is setup in load-balance or router 

very different/difficult?  Thank you very much for any feedback. It will help me much.  MS>

Unless you are HOSTING Internet Services or Devices (like security cameras) on your connection, why would you need a Fixed/Static IP Address?

Maybe you're thinking 'public' vs 'private / carrier-grade NAT' service?

Fixed/Static vs Dynamically Allocated IP

From a 'configuration' standpoint, the difference is just a simple equipment configuration issue: selecting Static (and filling in the connection information, or DHCP and requiring the ISP deliver the connection information. 

From a 'performance' standpoint, both are equal. No impact either way once the device is fully booted and running.

From a 'security' standpoint, having a 'fixed' IP connection means you (and the hackers) know exactly where to reach your equipment

From a 'feature' standpoint, having a 'fixed' IP connection means you can host resources and easily connect to them.