Prayuth: Those Who Believe Junta Will Hold Power 20 Years Not Thai

rooster59

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

hate to say this, but he ain't talking about us,. He is, saying if you are Thai and don't agree with him, then you are not a true Thai. Got nothing to do with us. 

Exactly.

That doesn't mean he likes 'us' whites, of course, and his comments have already proved his blatant xenophobia many times. But this particular arrow is aimed at Thais and playing on their patriotism.

Now, for the few TVF members who do not know what goes on in Thai schools, I'd like to point out that children here are heavily programmed when it comes to building their relationship with the country, and I know very few adult Thais who are capable of distancing themselves from this early conditioning. Which is precisely the purpose of early conditioning : turning ideas  into principles, ie out of reach of the critical mind.

Of course, all countries do that, only they're more or less heavy-handed on the matter, and Thailand is definitely on the heavier side of the scale.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

"I thought he had been instructed by the higher powers to stop insulting foreigners, ..."

Pardon me, but who are the "higher powers" to whom you are referring? Isn't  Prayuth the highest "power" fueled by 44 'octane'.?

Absolutely not. You can bet he does the bidding for some, who are far more powerful than the little man. And you can tell from time to time, that they reign him in. He was installed, not self appointed, as they would have you believe. And he was installed to protect the status quo, the elite, the wealthy, those in power, and the connected. Those are his chief duties.

Edited by spidermike007

1 hour ago, Yann55 said:

Exactly.

That doesn't mean he likes 'us' whites, of course, and his comments have already proved his blatant xenophobia many times. But this particular arrow is aimed at Thais and playing on their patriotism.

Now, for the few TVF members who do not know what goes on in Thai schools, I'd like to point out that children here are heavily programmed when it comes to building their relationship with the country, and I know very few adult Thais who are capable of distancing themselves from this early conditioning. Which is precisely the purpose of early conditioning : turning ideas  into principles, ie out of reach of the critical mind.

Of course, all countries do that, only they're more or less heavy-handed on the matter, and Thailand is definitely on the heavier side of the scale.

That's why I brought my son to the Uk for the remainder of his education,he has had enough years of brainwashing! 

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely not. You can bet he does the bidding for some, who are far more powerful than the little man. And you can tell from time to time, that they reign him in. He was installed, not self appointed, as they would have you believe. And he was installed to protect the status quo, the elite, the wealthy, those in power, and the connected. Those are his chief duties.

Exactly right.

Read my lips  We will not be in power in 10 to 20 years time Do u not understand me u farang? Why cannot i not make u believe me like all good Thais do? Because most of them not care Really Easy to pull the wool over there eyes

49 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He is but an Army General and PM. He is, of course, answerable to the commander in chief and his advisors. You could look deeper and say he is a General of the Royal Thai Army, and have an indication of who may be pulling the strings....and what status quo may be being kept...

1 hour ago, Yann55 said:

Exactly.

and  how ALL religions proceed making it  child abuse, nothing  less

Classic moves from the authoritarian playbook. The elected politicians are crooks. The free media are liars. The people who disagree are enemies of the nation. We are the only ones you can trust.   

42 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

"I thought he had been instructed by the higher powers to stop insulting foreigners, ..."

Pardon me, but who are the "higher powers" to whom you are referring? Isn't  Prayuth the highest "power" fueled by 44 'octane'.?

I also would like to know who is

this mysterious  "they" ?

you read many here on TV, postings from a farang "they"..

They know about corruption and brown paper bags etc..

They somehow know who these people behind the curtain are..

They actually know more than Thais which is quite amazing.

The only thing they dont know is.. if the next mob in charge will be worse or better than this.

4 hours ago, maxpower said:

No but this works well on most Thai news.

bullshit-converter-ultimate.jpg.2bb53db63644b6818058dff421c905a3.jpg

This is simply amazing people can immediately come up with a picture of something funny with the comment. The speed they can do that overwhelm me.

Considering that he and his buddies stole democracy from the nation's citizens and dumped an elected government by force of arms, I suppose his decision to further denigrate those same citizens by questioning their patriotism was a calculated, well-considered ploy. The logic of politics here is amazing.

6 hours ago, hansnl said:

You would be surprised about percentages.

In the same program he said that in a "super poll" (not just any old poll), 500 agriculturalists had said that the happiness factor for farmers now stood at 8.29 out of 10.

So the Junta have scrapped their 20 year road map then?  Every time Prayuth says he isn't going to do something he does the opposite.  If he would just stop lying over and over to the Thai people then people may just accept one thing he says.

9 hours ago, laocowboy2 said:

Or can't count because of a crap educational system.

Talk about the crap education system I have a step daughter 20 years old going to university  She got a 3 in English but scratching my head here She does not understand a word i say to her and cant even string a sentence together Just curious how she got a 3 lol which is a pass by the way lol

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

So the Junta have scrapped their 20 year road map then?  Every time Prayuth says he isn't going to do something he does the opposite.  If he would just stop lying over and over to the Thai people then people may just accept one thing he says.

They do accept all They just dont care who is in government That is why he feels safe

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

We do not wish to control politics or democracy for the next 10 to 20 years. For those who think that of us, I do not consider them to be Thai,”

couple problems here:

1) 'control democracy'; this kind of thinking reveals what kind of a democracy to expect here; fake

2) 'to be thai'; so being thai is dependent on what you think ? ; senseless attempt to play the ultra-nationalist card

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Talk about the crap education system I have a step daughter 20 years old going to university  She got a 3 in English but scratching my head here She does not understand a word i say to her and cant even string a sentence together Just curious how she got a 3 lol which is a pass by the way lol

Hell, I did French for 3 years at school but I doubt I could give you ten words. It isn't only Thais...

I also would like to know who is

this mysterious  "they" ?

you read many here on TV, postings from a farang "they"..

They know about corruption and brown paper bags etc..

They somehow know who these people behind the curtain are..

They actually know more than Thais which is quite amazing.

The only thing they dont know is.. if the next mob in charge will be worse or better than this.

Can I suggest that few if any of us know exactly who "they" are.

But, as with a puppet show we all know that there are people behind the scenes. We don't see them, and we don't know to what extent the characters on the stage can act autonomously, but we know they are there.

And for any observer of this society it is possible to make some informed guesses.

6 minutes ago, JAG said:

Can I suggest that few if any of us know exactly who "they" are.

But, as with a puppet show we all know that there are people behind the scenes. We don't see them, and we don't know to what extent the characters on the stage can act autonomously, but we know they are there.

And for any observer of this society it is possible to make some informed guesses.

And even if we did know exactly, they would likely be the type of people one ought to keep one's mouth shut about unless you have a deathwish...