Prayut pens new poem to cheer farmers

Every farmer who can repeat the poem error-free, should get a 50kg sack of fertilizer for free.

After a difficult search online the missus finally found the full poem in Thai. (Seems there are more foreigners aware about this than locals)

Anyone who could recite it error free should get a 50kg bag of gold, it's not quite as simple as the article makes out.

Late one month of "wan kaew leh chaonaa heng chat", can't really blame him for making an effort to appeal to a struggling community (in the absence of any other proposal)

Full link below:

https://www.manager.co.th/UpToDate/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9600000069613

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, coulson said:

After a difficult search online the missus finally found the full poem in Thai. (Seems there are more foreigners aware about this than locals)

That's understandable, as it seems there are also more foreigners on this forum aware of what he has achieved in those 3 years, than there are Thais.

42 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

HAHA!

Probably the scariest place to be when Prayuth rolls out his tanks would be on the INSIDE when it misfires due to lack of maintenance.

His tank won't misfire, I'm sure, Chinese engineers will have maintained it tip-top, but the ones in the deep south will, hey, but, no, sorry, they don't have tanks there, only pick-up trucks, the tanks are safely stored, together with the armoured infantry transports, close to Bangkok, in elite regiments' storages, not to damage the paint, and to protect what in the end really matters... Well, erm... to them.

Edited by bangrak

50 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

That's understandable, as it seems there are also more foreigners on this forum aware of what he has achieved in those 3 years, than there are Thais.

Well, silly Farangs, like you and me, like to keep themselves informed about what's happening here, while most Thais I know take it as the rain coming down in a downpour: they try to protect themselves from it, and, when they can't they try to get the least wet as possible, dry themselves as soon as possible, and forget about it all the fastest they can, to focus on what (just) tomorrow will be made of.

Any psychatrist present on TV? When so, I'd like him very much to tell whether in the history of his science a link would have been made between despots and dictators, and, the writing of poetry and songs. I think I once read something about it, must have been when Prayut was at the military academy though, some 45 years ago... But, hey, anyway, there was a guy who was a corporal and was painting, on canvas, badly, but what he did later was about the worst there ever was.