Yikes! Woman in expensive mansion screams to Thai media after not one but two snakes come out of the loo!

webfact

Yikes! Woman in expensive mansion screams to Thai media after not one but two snakes come out of the loo!

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A Thai woman who was bitten on the rear end in her toilet by a large python has gone to the media to complain about her expensive housing estate.

Food company executive Phanarat Chaiboon, 42, was left terrified and covered in blood after an experience last week that cost her a night in hospital and left her with medical bills of 18,000 baht.

But it was not an isolated incident.

An even bigger python appeared in the toilet bowl just a few days later. Her 15 year old daughter said enough was enough and left home to stay with relatives saying she could stand the fear no longer.

The drama has been going on at the housing estate in Taling Chan, Bangkok, where the properties are worth anything from 8 to 30 million baht each.

On Monday last week Phanarat told Thai Rath said that she went into her downstairs loo under the stairs to do her business. As she was sitting she felt a stinging pain in her rear and jumped up in horror to see a large python head emerging from the water.

She slammed the lid shut and covered it with a heavy object then drove to Phayathai 3 hospital covered in blood. Doctors there were unwilling to inject an antivenin as they were not sure of the species of snake so the security guard at the estate was phoned help out with his opinion.

Soon the news came back that it was a python and Phanarat was given urgent injections to stop disease as bites from pythons can become infected due to germs in their mouths.

She was kept in for observations and the bill along with subsequent injections topped 18,000 baht only some of which was covered by insurance.

The family - six in all - lived in terror of a repeat with no one brave enough to use the downstairs loo. That was until last night when 15 year old Gift - Phanarat's middle daughter - went in to wash her hands.

She came running out in a panic as an even bigger python was slithering out of the toilet - this time caught on video via dad

Kanok's mobile phone.

Gift refused to stay in the house a moment longer and went to stay with relatives in Jaran Sanitwong Soi 37 to recover from the shock.

Now the family have called in the media to make the estate do something about the problem that is wrecking their lives.

They say that there is a cavity under the houses that is infested with snakes and other creatures.

A while back a large water monitor crawled into their garden but the snakes are really the limit, they said.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-10

I'd like to see a picture of that mansion. From the looks of the toilet unless it's a maids room and she's the maid, I'm guessing it's a bog standard new build in a bog standard housing development. I could also say that the lady doesn't look much like a CEO of a highly successful food company but I don't like to be judgmental ; ) 

It seems to be quite a regular occurrence here, how the Pythons get into the sewerage system,

which if built correctly,should be a sealed system,pipe from toilet into septic tanks,pipe from there

into drainage tank also  underground, that's how it should be but obviously it's not, someone has

cut costs on this expensive housing estate, typical you rarely get what you pay for here.

regards worgeordie

I don't understand why Thai house don't use one-way flow valves for their waste pipes. They are cheap and easy to install with a big sticker showing which way the waste should go. Saves the house from back wash during floods and stops critters from entering through the sewer system.

PVC adapt2.jpg

Edited by ezflip

1 hour ago, ezflip said:

I don't understand why Thai house don't use one-way flow valves for their waste pipes. They are cheap and easy to install with a big sticker showing which way the waste should go. Saves the house from back wash during floods and stops critters from entering through the sewer system.

PVC adapt2.jpg

Where I come from, the plumber, who installs the drain pipe system, would loose his license if a such valve is not installed.

You have a house of 8-30 million and then the bill is 18000, worth complaining?!

Just take injection and go home., guess just tetanus injection.

ANd just get that lovely item showed in between your sewerpipes !!

Am I the only one who really appreciates her pointing at the toilet bowl to show where the snake came from? The water tank right behind it was my obvious first choice.

Also what's up with that snake? Doesn't discriminate against poor people and bites rich people in the arse, damn cold blood doesn't know it's place.

9 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You have a house of 8-30 million and then the bill is 18000, worth complaining?!

Just take injection and go home., guess just tetanus injection.

ANd just get that lovely item showed in between your sewerpipes !!

Let's talk again after you have been bitten in your glockenspiel by a python :smile:

Snakes terrorise family at luxury Bangkok estate

By The Nation

cfb48ca01ebdee3920d7be5f4bf452ff.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- A family living in a luxury housing estate in Bangkok received two shocking visits from big snakes in just one week, with the one of them biting the house owner. 

Panarat Chaiyaboon was bitten while using a toilet in her home last Monday. 

She was admitted to hospital and given an injection and medication, after security guards removed the toilet to find the snake. 

It was a python, and it was handed over to a foundation.

“The medical bill comes to around Bt18,000. But that’s not the end of the story,” Panarat said on Monday.

On Sunday, her 15-year-old daughter was washing her hands inside the same toilet when a big snake slithered up from the toilet. 

“She is now so shocked that she has refused to live in this house. I have had to send her to my younger sister’s house,” Panarat said.

She complained that the owner of their housing project should have done a better job keeping snakes away. 

Homes there range from Bt8 million to Bt30 million. 

Panarat suspects the snakes got into the house because the developer failed to solidly the fill foundation under the house.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30320356

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-10

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

For some reason, I just had a sudden flashback

Patpong, 1989 , upstairs, 300 Baht to get in.......................

Those were the good old days....................

Not everybody likes a golden shower

8 hours ago, Happy enough said:

I'd like to see a picture of that mansion. From the looks of the toilet unless it's a maids room and she's the maid, I'm guessing it's a bog standard new build in a bog standard housing development. I could also say that the lady doesn't look much like a CEO of a highly successful food company but I don't like to be judgmental ; ) 

Where does it say she's the CEO?

It says it's the downstairs toilet. I'd guess it's just a toilet and sink room, not a full blown bathroom.   Actually it looks pretty decent, given you can only see the toilet and not the vanity or any other part of the room.  

7 hours ago, lamecn said:

Where I come from, the plumber, who installs the drain pipe system, would loose his license if a such valve is not installed.

Me too. Sadly where we live I'd be surprised if there's even such a thing as a plumbing license. Nothing but a bunch of cowboys here that couldn't care less if your house falls down the week after they make it. Half the time you could do a better job yourself if you spent 5 minutes learning about it on YouTube 

7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

These snakes are freaking me out, sure I look before I sit, but am worried if one comes up after I have sat and thinks one of me testicles is a Mentos, ouch !!!

Try to see it from the point of view from the snake: you are relaxing in a pipe, and suddenly it feels like there is an earthquake followed by.... oh holy sh!t !!!!

18 minutes ago, U235 said:

Try to see it from the point of view from the snake: you are relaxing in a pipe, and suddenly it feels like there is an earthquake followed by.... oh holy sh!t !!!!

:clap2:

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

For some reason, I just had a sudden flashback

Patpong, 1989 , upstairs, 300 Baht to get in.......................

Those were the good old days....................

Actually, if you knew Baboo, you could go upstairs free.  Just buy a drink and watch the snake enjoy the warm and cozy without even contemplating taking a bite.

14 hours ago, ezflip said:

PVC adapt2.jpg

I don't understand why the hospital phoned the security guard to determine the type of the snake  .... And then took his word for it when he said a python

They have big expectations from a min wage Thai security guard to be able to find the snake, correctly identify it and then give medical treatment based on what the security guard told them on the phone.... <deleted>?? 

18 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

I don't understand why the hospital phoned the security guard to determine the type of the snake  .... And then took his word for it when he said a python

They have big expectations from a min wage Thai security guard to be able to find the snake, correctly identify it and then give medical treatment based on what the security guard told them on the phone.... <deleted>?? 

He could have sent them a photo ?

Panarat suspects the snakes got into the house because the developer failed to solidly the fill foundation under the house. (ignorance is bliss)......I think a closed system might be of use.  I wonder how long it will be before a sink hole swallows the house...5555

I find it really sad and disturbing...naturally for the snake issue, but mainly for the discriminative approach of the article and some posts..."...woman in expensive mansion..." and so on...

What is wrong with some? Just because she could afford an expensive house, it means serves her right?

Stupidity and jealousy seem to mix well amongst a few, who should consult a physician to cure their mental hatred.

The venom within some of the posts here seem worse then that of a snake!

I just hope that those who are snarking at this lady's misfortune don't get their ass bitten off one day and thus realise the hard way what it feels like.

13 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

The article says they phoned him..... 

Even if he  was lucky enough  and took a picture of a snake,  nobody can prove it was the same snake

Thailand! 

If he was able to see the snake, then he would have been able to photo it and instantly send them a photo . there was only two of them, so it would be a 50 % probability of being the right one 

She probably saw the photo and identified it as being the one that bit her

Just now, sanemax said:

If he was able to see the snake, then he would have been able to photo it and instantly send them a photo . there was only two of them, so it would be a 50 % probability of being the right one 

She probably saw the photo and identified it as being the one that bit her

Your making assumptions the snake was still there and  security guard found it and he took a picture and sent that and the girl recognized the snake lol... 

6 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Your making assumptions the snake was still there and  security guard found it and he took a picture and sent that and the girl recognized the snake lol... 

No, it was written in a news report from the Nation, posted in this thread