Koh Tao Death: Police Say Final Frame Shows Tourist Buying Ticket Off Island

webfact

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

Do you always tell your mum the truth?

If she was fine then how could she be coerced without anyone else noticing?

You've read what her mum said. Don't try to be patronising with me. You will believe and speculate anything, so long as it doesn't cast Koh  Tao in a bad light, won't you? Why don't you show any interest in the obvious attempt by the local hillybilly police to sweep this under the carpet (to the point that the really weird one who likes to wear blonde wigs lied there hadn't been any Belgian women on the island)? Why don't you show any interest in the attempt by the local hillybilly police to mislead by releasing a cctv image claiming that it's Elise, when even her own mother says it's not her? It's fingers in the ears or implausible explanations from you when anything suspicious comes up, isn't it?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course there are honest Koh Tao police -- they've all taken bribe money promising to keep quiet and they've kept their side of the bargain (or so I've read).

The murders took place evening September 14-15, 2014 and on SEP 327 Lt.-Gen. Panya said the investigation was 85% complete.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-murder-probe-85-complete-Panya-30244247.html

Shortly thereafter he was removed from the case and the evidence including the classified remaining classsified 15% was never to be seen.

It seems Lt.-Gen. was maybe not very good at safeguarding whatever evidence there was but pretty good at talking to the press before the cameras and before he officially solved the case. Maybe he was removed for being a grand-stander.

Edited by JLCrab

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

You've read what her mum said. Don't try to be patronising with me. You will believe and speculate anything, so long as it doesn't cast Koh  Tao in a bad light, won't you? Why don't you show any interest in the obvious attempt by the local hillybilly police to sweep this under the carpet (to the point that the really weird one who likes to wear blonde wigs lied there hadn't been any Belgian women on the island)? Why don't you show any interest in the attempt by the local hillybilly police to mislead by releasing a cctv image claiming that it's Elise, when even her own mother says it's not her? It's fingers in the ears or implausible explanations from you when anything suspicious comes up, isn't it?

Koh Tao means nothing to me.You said you were becoming convinced she was coerced, forced to leave the boat at KOh Tao, yet you offer not a shred of evidence.  Don't you feel embarrassed making such vacuous speculations?

Edited by bannork

49 minutes ago, bannork said:

Koh Tao means nothing to me.You said you were becoming convinced she was coerced, forced to leave the boat at KOh Tao, yet you offer not a shred of evidence.  Don't you feel embarrassed making such vacuous speculations?

Actually , I  said "I'm beginning to think that maybe....."

On an island where strange deaths and disappearance are a regular occurrence, and in the case of Elise Dallemagne's death where the police have lied, covered up and failed to properly investigate, any sane, honest person is going to have suspicions.

Don't you feel embarrassed trying to ignore/explain away the institutionalised corruption going on here? Don't you feel embarrassed by the vacuous speculations that you endlessly make about the deaths and dissapearance, and about the motivations of the people associated?

19 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Actually , I  said "I'm beginning to think that maybe....."

On an island where strange deaths and disappearance are a regular occurrence, and in the case of Elise Dallemagne's death where the police have lied, covered up and failed to properly investigate, any sane, honest person is going to have suspicions.

Don't you feel embarrassed trying to ignore/explain away the institutionalised corruption going on here? Don't you feel embarrassed by the vacuous speculations that you endlessly make about the deaths and dissapearance, and about the motivations of the people associated?

Watch out, the Lobster will be about soon, blaming both of us for pathetic posts.

I am not the one accusing the islanders of murder, you and your pals are.

You are the one speculating  all the deaths are murder, not me ( excluding Hannah and David). But up to now you haven't produced any evidence to vindicate your accusations. Just endless innuendos with nothing to back them up. Come back when you've got some evidence.

11 minutes ago, bannork said:

Watch out, the Lobster will be about soon, blaming both of us for pathetic posts.

I am not the one accusing the islanders of murder, you and your pals are.

You are the one speculating  all the deaths are murder, not me ( excluding Hannah and David). But up to now you haven't produced any evidence to vindicate your accusations. Just endless innuendos with nothing to back them up. Come back when you've got some evidence.

Koh Tao's hillybilly police have lied and tried to cover Elise' s death up. This doesn't arouse any suspicion in you. You don't even want to discuss it.

The Lobster is a plastic moderator.

Edited by Khun Han
Bloody predictive text!

It's the same posters in this thread who blame the mafia family in every incident that happens on KT .  A suicide ? No it can't be in their eyes. They have proven time after time they are not willing to look at both sides of the coin.  

Could it be a suicide ? I would say theres an 80% chance,  but they will tell you it's 0% chance. 

17 minutes ago, balo said:

It's the same posters in this thread who blame the mafia family in every incident that happens on KT .  A suicide ? No it can't be in their eyes. They have proven time after time they are not willing to look at both sides of the coin.  

Could it be a suicide ? I would say theres an 80% chance,  but they will tell you it's 0% chance. 

It's also the same posters who somehow believe & defend the corrupt & lying police & ask for 'evidence' - an impossible task. I see that your 'both sides of the coin' is 80-20, not a whole lot better than those you criticise.

I don't know how many murders there have been on Koh Tao but I do know that no suspicious deaths (& missing persons), repeat none, have been fully and impartially investigated & it's not hard to find the reasons why.

So a full and impartial investigation into 'suspicious' deaths on Koh Tao would be one in which one or more of those multiple deaths / disappearances that have been deemed not as a result of foul play should then be considered to be as a result of foul play?

The way that will reveal the truth on death island is to do a go fund it or find a person who has lots of money and persuade him/her to help find the truth here as it may save his children. If we could come up with a Million Dollars you would soon see a certain name coming into the frame. Its time it happened for the sake of the truth.

All we need now is a god fearing person to step up to the plate any offers?

That young man needs to be arrested and jailed for what he did and stop him doing another this year and you know it.

9 hours ago, bannork said:

You have zero evidence to prove Elise's death is anything but a suicjde, yet you persist in implying her death is suspjcious, Please, come up with some evidence or let it rest until you do find something worth talking about. 

That Koh Tao's weirdo police have tried to cover up Elise's death and repeatedly lied about it is ample evidence that it is anything but a suicide. Please let your inappropriate defence of Koh Tao rest, and let the rest of us get on with trying toget to the bottom of what Koh Tao's police resolutely refuse to do.

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

The way that will reveal the truth on death island is to do a go fund it or find a person who has lots of money and persuade him/her to help find the truth here as it may save his children. If we could come up with a Million Dollars you would soon see a certain name coming into the frame. Its time it happened for the sake of the truth.

All we need now is a god fearing person to step up to the plate any offers?

That young man needs to be arrested and jailed for what he did and stop him doing another this year and you know it.

Everybody who knows about this case knows it. A handful of determined internet posters put a big effort into muddying the waters for whatever reasons they have.

15 hours ago, bannork said:

Do you always tell your mum the truth?

If she was fine then how could she be coerced without anyone else noticing?

i am not sure what happened to this young lady , but I was present when a  young lady was in trouble and tried to get my attention. and I must sadly admit I was talked out of helping her.

many years ago I was on the phone to my daughter in the UK in the lobby of the hotel I was staying at in Pattaya, an oriental woman approached me in a very agitated state.

as I was on the phone I turned to see what was going on and she looked really frightened so I cut the call short, this lady could not speak any English and I could not understand anything she said, but the receptionist on duty could speak English and she told me the

woman was crazy? by now this young Korean woman was hysterical  and I tried to calm her down by now there was a few hotel staff and most were saying she was crazy.

my friend came from the bar and repeated what all the staff was saying but I will never forget the look in her eyes and my failure to help her.

an hour later she was dead.....with water leaking from the shaft that they said she had thrown herself down.

the next day I went to the bar where this lady was drinking at, the cashier said she was not crazy, and the stories that she had tried to commit suicide before were nonsense

so I went back to the hotel and got the girls hotel room number, and with my friend we looked at the access to the shaft that it was said she had thrown herself down..

it was about eight feet high it was impossible for her to reach this with out a ladder or some other means....I told everyone this was not  the suicide that they were claiming it was a murder....no one was ever interviewed who was in the lobby that night and a few

months later they admitted that it was murder.   

this was my second time in Thailand and I believed the staff at the hotel,  I will regret it for as long as I live, so things can be twisted and made to look totally different  from what they actually are ..and most people are totally unaware.  

Edited by zoza
sticking key

I would guess that the UK Daily Mail or Sun could easily put up money for a corroborable verifiable story as to who actually murdered the two young UK citizens. It wouldn't take a God-fearing person just someone with real evidence and not just well-everyone-knows-who-did-it.

59 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

That Koh Tao's weirdo police have tried to cover up Elise's death and repeatedly lied about it is ample evidence that it is anything but a suicide. Please let your inappropriate defence of Koh Tao rest, and let the rest of us get on with trying toget to the bottom of what Koh Tao's police resolutely refuse to do.

I would say any cover up is an attempt to uphold the image of the island as an enjoyable place to visit for diving and relaxation.

News of a suicide is just as disquieting as that of a murder.

However the large number of tourists still visiting the island as seen in the recent photographs by a Bangkok blogger suggest Koh Tao is still very popular. 

I just don't know why above people keep going on about this. 

The b2 did not appeal,have accepted their guilt and are in the prison doing their penance. The guru has left the country and not likely to come back. 

This case is finished. 

Everyone else has moved on. 

Oh come on -- some of the people on here have not moved on because they are trying to prevent there being any more victims of the serial-killer-on-the-loose.

One of the recent posters here, on another topic, had no problem referring to "the Koh Tao serial killer" as if certain and no doubt that such a person exists.

Edited by JLCrab

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

I just don't know why above people keep going on about this. 

The b2 did not appeal,have accepted their guilt and are in the prison doing their penance. The guru has left the country and not likely to come back. 

This case is finished. 

Everyone else has moved on. 

They keep going on about it because in was was an unjust verdict brought about in a corrupt system where power, money and saving face are everything.

The reason for no appeal is that it is futile given the non-existence of a DNA sample for testing and the corruption which has ensured the guilty verdict was given

The discussion with regards to the Koh Tao murders and the conviction of the two Burmese boys is really an exercise in futility when you consider the background, or should I say the overarching environment in which they have been found guilty.

So here we have a trial which took place in a country where: –

a)      In 2016 Thailand ranked 101 of 176 nations (1=clean; 176=most corrupt) in the global corruption index.

B) The military overthrew a democratically elected government.

c)      Members of the military have been found guilty of people trafficking and various other elements of corruption.

d)      “The Office of the Ombudsman Thailand has reported that the Royal Thai Police has been found to be the most corrupt agency in Thailand”.

e)      Money, influence and power allow the elite to get away with unlawful killing (Red Bull heir as an example).

f)       Many businesses have to pay “tea money” to the BIB i.e. corruption.

g)      Police positions and other senior positions can be bought irrespective of the education, experience or suitability to the position.

h)      Corruption is endemic.

i)        Telling lies is acceptable if it meets the criterion of “saving face”.

j)        As regards saving face, the case was lost as soon as the self-elected PM praised the BIB for doing a good job.

k)      Freedom of speech is curtailed and the draconian defamation laws can assist the guilty.

l)        The Koh Tao case would have been thrown out of court in any civilised, non-corrupt country because of huge flaws involved in evidence collection, no accused DNA found on the murder weapon, human rights violations and the fact that the puncture wounds in David’s head were never accounted for because they didn’t fit “the hoe theory”

AND……the list goes on and on. So if you really think that the trial of the two Burmese boys was fair, then you fail to see how those points above really prove that a “fair trial” was impossible for these boys.

And shame on you for posting that the Burmese 2 have accepted their guilt, they have no choice……..the system was against them.                                                                                     

32 minutes ago, xylophone said:

And shame on you for posting that the Burmese 2 have accepted their guilt, they have no choice……..the system was against them.                                                                                   

so have they pleaded guilty?

I missed that news

8 hours ago, JLCrab said:

So a full and impartial investigation into 'suspicious' deaths on Koh Tao would be one in which one or more of those multiple deaths / disappearances that have been deemed not as a result of foul play should then be considered to be as a result of foul play?

Twisted suggestion from a twisted mind- akin to 'have you stopped beating your wife yet'.

That's right -- a full and impartial investigation of the suspicious deaths that have been deemed to be not the result of foul play would show that one or more was indeed the result of foul play or else it wasn't a full and impartial investigation 'cause some already know the expected results of the full and impartial investigation before there was a full and impartial investigation.

Edited by JLCrab

As I said the only way we will get the name of the sic serial killer is if a reward fee was offered, otherwise those here will hide it due to the fact they make money out of tourists who may stop coming if the truth came out. It's sad to think honesty is not a part of everyday life in some places.

18 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

so have they pleaded guilty?

I missed that news

According to the cops (early in the media), they did confess, but later recanted their confessions, claiming they were tortured and/or threatened with torture and death if they didn't fess up.

23 hours ago, JLCrab said:

At least one thing required to posit the existence of a serial killer: serial killings.

Ye right. By the way which detective school did you go to > and was it free or did you have to pay?

Hope he does not say Hendon.