Jomtien Beach - chair free this morning

Tony M

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Next move is to clean the wastewater thrown into the gulf from the various cities...

LOL> give them time. I remember swimming in raw sewage on Sydney beaches in the 80's. I don't know when they finally cleaned that up. Baby steps....

8 minutes ago, ikbenhet said:

Would like to see pictures of the numerous beach cleaners.

If you can enlarge the first pic, you can see the workers in the shade under the trees at the top of the photo, while they were being told where to start work.  They were all wearing pink/mauve shirts, numbered, with the City Hall logo, very similar to the shirts worn by the authorised beach massage  ladies. As I walked past, I could see the supervisors allocating work stations. There were also 3 or 4 lorries, already having some beach debris on board. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ikbenhet said:

Would like to see pictures of the numerous beach cleaners.

They all are kickiat come to picture. Don't worry they all are there, behind palm trees. Morning only too hot work on beach if get salary from city, better take slowly.

• Like 1

Interesting. Only a few days ago there were some 50 to 100 people cleaning the same beach. They looked to be volunteers dressed mostly in white shirts, but don't know for sure.

In general i find this beach very well maintained and managed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tropo said:

LOL> give them time. I remember swimming in raw sewage on Sydney beaches in the 80's. I don't know when they finally cleaned that up. Baby steps....

I can. Early to mid 90's remember the ocean outfalls? It was just the same, all the sewage just got washed back in on the tide. Stupid idea which made them realise you just cant pump <deleted> into the ocean you need a decent secondary treatment before it gets to the seafloor even if it is 3km offshore. A lot of Sydney beaches still cop stormwater which can be pretty putrid as well. Having said that like you I grew up swimming in raw sewage as a young bloke down the "dunny bowl" at Maroubra never did me any harm...I think 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

@Awohalitsiktoli they did make one "improvement" that is very popular (with scurvy dogs and scallywags of every persuasion)
and even kept the big tree !

1499911727179.jpg

This I enforce.

39 minutes ago, pegman said:

Everyone wants those beach chairs other than a few complaining Brits and Auzzies who wouldn't dream of leaving their bar stools to sit on the sand. The beach at Jomtien is 90% used by Thais, Germans and Nordic (+ a few of us Canadians) country people who like the chair venders just fine. I'll say it again the chair vender family I go to the last 9 years have been there for over 30 years earning an honest living. Long before you or the nearby hotels and condos. Please go to the open beach at Bang Saray and fry to your hearts content.

Plenty of Brits and Aussies use the deckchairs on Pattaya beach. I think there is a different demographic there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johng said:

@Awohalitsiktoli they did make one "improvement" that is very popular (with scurvy dogs and scallywags of every persuasion)
and even kept the big tree !

1499911727179.jpg

Yes, I stand corrected.   Kids and mothers/fathers do seem to like the pirate ship.  The project is only 99% bad.

12 hours ago, champers said:

Plenty of Brits and Aussies use the deckchairs on Pattaya beach. I think there is a different demographic there.

Yes the two beaches cater to very different crowds. The people in charge  know better than mess with the chair vendors at Jomtien on the weekends when the Bangkok Thais come down.

14 hours ago, pegman said:

Everyone wants those beach chairs other than a few complaining Brits and Auzzies who wouldn't dream of leaving their bar stools to sit on the sand. The beach at Jomtien is 90% used by Thais, Germans and Nordic (+ a few of us Canadians) country people who like the chair venders just fine. I'll say it again the chair vender family I go to the last 9 years have been there for over 30 years earning an honest living. Long before you or the nearby hotels and condos. Please go to the open beach at Bang Saray and fry to your hearts content.

Somehow in that 90% I forgot to include Russians which was my intention. 

Yep me too at the South end of Bondi beach. Millions of condoms as well.
Could have washed them out and started a second......hand business.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
On 7/13/2017 at 9:09 AM, johng said:

they did make one "improvement" that is very popular (with scurvy dogs and scallywags of every persuasion)

The "pirate playground"  continues to be very popular   but unfortunately  not very safe for younger children, yesterday I saw a toddler  get clouted full face with the rotating metal arm on this exercise machine...

425669519_notsafe_P_20180616_144544copy.thumb.jpg.b167f7d00f44d5e216267608f383a3de.jpg

there are many other dangerous  mechanisms that could easily kill or seriously injure not just kids but adults too..of course adults should be much more aware of the potential dangers   but that poor kid just stood there watching that thing go round  till wack !!!!!

At least the Angry Birds Playground can keep kids safe from the growing number of dogs with rabies that are all over this area . It has a fence around it to keep out all the dogs that have rabies in that area that live in the field behind Russian market . The dogs get fed at the Russian market at night but their numbers are really growing around that area and I hear and see dog fights at all hours in that field and area as they fight for territory and what they can find for food ( have had to redirect my runs through that area or carry a few rocks when going up or down that soi ) . They need to clear out all dogs without owners and proper tags and collar / or a leech and fine anyone who feeds them with signs describing the fines then enforce it . ( wake me if I am dreaming [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect