Netizens in a frenzy as 7-Eleven starts selling freshly-cooked omelets

webfact

Netizens in a frenzy as 7-Eleven starts selling freshly-cooked omelets

(PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

Photos: Kongwarit Aoo Srikot/ Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Thai netizens are freaking out over photos of Bangkok 7-Eleven employees cooking fresh omelets for customers. Photos of the eggs being cooked on a tiny space by the cash register at an Old Town location of the convenience store went viral on Facebook last night.

Being the largest convenience store franchise in Thailand, 7-Eleven has long been criticized for its business practices and monopolistic grip on the market by selling absolutely everything and taking money and customers from local shops and street vendors.

Now come freshly-cooked omelets.

“Now how about an omelet over rice? Hahaha,” wrote Facebook user Kongwarit Aoo Srikot, who shared photos of the store’s latest product.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/netizens-frenzy-7-eleven-starts-selling-freshly-cooked-omelets-photos/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-07-13

1 minute ago, hansnl said:

Yes, between the handwash(?) and the eggcooking there will be counting money and combing the hair.

Yes they will be counting money, combing hair, picking their nose, scratching their backside,  yuk.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes they will be counting money, combing hair, picking their nose, scratching their backside,  yuk.

Probably be the only ingredients to give them any flavouring Colin.........:sorry:

Mini markets have and still try to exist by buying wholesale and selling at retail. The trouble is most Thais now have trucks or cars and can buy at the same prices. The death of the  mini mart where a 7, Family Mart, Mackro, etc is near by is eminent. 

A lot of slagging of 7-11 but I love the convenience. Pay my electric, pay for flights, cheap ice

next to my condo so not much melting, snacks always available when I get home late with

a guest. Not sure I would buy an omelette but they are a store that is not afraid to step

outside the box. The staff is always helpful and courteous at the location I frequent the most.

17 hours ago, Wim1954 said:

So did you taste it allready or just guessing ?

Now that I would definetly taste ! “The new Vegemite pie from Four’N Twenty, a classic beef mince with cheese and a Vegemite-spiked gravy,” 

15 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

I wish they'd sell hot golden four and twenties....the great Australian pie!!....freaking omletes!!

“The new Vegemite pie from Four’N Twenty, a classic beef mince with cheese and a Vegemite-spiked gravy,” 

On 13/07/2017 at 1:26 PM, colinneil said:

Do the staff wash their hands before cooking omelets?

Why?

I don't and i doubt my missus bothers either.

Crack a couple of eggs, throw in a bowl, stir, throw in a pan, stir, and take out with spachelor.

No hands were harmed in the process.

I've eaten hundreds of 7-11 toasties out on the road in Thailand, hands don't touch the bread either. Never got the squirts.

Looks not bad to me.

Having said all that, 7-11's are so bloody cold i doubt anything nasty can survive in those temperatures...

I don't think hygiene is a problem as long as they only make omelettes. But I would think the smell inside the store would not be popular among customers.  

On 13/07/2017 at 4:28 PM, phantomfiddler said:

Has anyone noticed that when you buy a coke in any 7/11 you pay the price for a normal coke, but the bottle is much smaller ! Are there no depths to which this company will not sink ?

The larger bottles are on the bottom shelf. Its 7/11's way of helping society, the fatties can't reach down that far.

1 hour ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

This could be interesting. How many polybags and straws are they giving with it?

If you don't want a bag or straws you can say you don't want it but maybe you are the first who get a straw wben you buy an omelet.