Anti-corruption centres now taking complaints

webfact

Anti-corruption centres now taking complaints

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) and the Army have opened centres to receive complaints starting today concerning instances of corruption by state officials.

The initiative followed Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha's instruction to uproot corruption that has been lodged within the Thai bureaucracy for years, said NCPO spokesperson staff, Col Piyapong Klinpan.

The project will be overseen by Army chief Gen Chalermchai Sittisart, who is also the NCPO secretary-general. 

The complaints can be submitted via PO Box and hotline calls to the NCPO and the Army, which will then forward them to the PM’s Office for further investigation, Col Piyapong said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30320656

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-13

They know they'll get points for stamping out some of the blatant, petty corruption. The public will assume something is being done and be lulled into a false sense of security - then the really big corruption can carry on unnoticed.

It's on page 555 in the authoritarian manual.

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Sadly they won't be busy unless some people want a bullet through the head !

You beat me to it - I was just going to suggest someone go and make a report that a known Thai person tortured a 5 year old boy with boiling water... then I remembered the follow up story that his mum is now being threatened by soldiers.

The desks of staffers at the anti-corruption centres have big bottom drawers from where nothing ever resurfaces. All this is nothing more than show. And there is a fair chance most people will believe this 

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Ah, isn't entrapment a crime? Entrapping people into serious defamation cases or being executed. 

It is a crime. Everywhere else except Thailand.

"independent scrutiny of defence policy by the legislature" 

Isn't the NACC doing a similar job?

Anyway my complaint is what happened to the people that ordered that box for the airports a few year back? Or why does the nephew have to wait for new laws to be introduced before the court? will look at his case.

I suppose its a good gig if you know how to move paper from that draw to another draw and have it stamped and signed at designated stops?

Even the dullest spark should know that anyone reporting corruption would have their names and addresses taken. Those details will be sold to the alleged corruptors who will in turn take steps to ensure nothing surfaces about their nefarious activities. And that will be done either by threats or bribes.

No one is fooled by this government's "goody two-shoes" game which is done only for appearances and will go nowhere.

I'd like to see the internal regulations for those 'anti-corruption centers', more specifically the parts which guarantee they will not themselves be ...corrupt. Mind you, IMO, when it could be true, it would be a first in Siamese/Thai History! And the odds are...

10 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

"independent scrutiny of defence policy by the legislature" 

Isn't the NACC doing a similar job?

Anyway my complaint is what happened to the people that ordered that box for the airports a few year back? Or why does the nephew have to wait for new laws to be introduced before the court? will look at his case.

I suppose its a good gig if you know how to move paper from that draw to another draw and have it stamped and signed at designated stops?

Nacc is not that terribly efficient.. not a good track record to say the least.

Lets hope this helps a bit any little thing that fights corruption here is a good thing. 

How much more duplication is needed?  Already many existing bodies to deal with corruption.  Get on with it.
National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC)
Election Commission
Office of the Auditor-General of Thailand
Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission
Department of Special Investigation
Royal Thai Police (RTP)......I know!

and now Anti Corruption centres to report to the PM’s Office.......

Long term failure to do anything much means this country even has a "Museum of Thai Corruption" in Bangkok.

They love all these fake goverment bodies in Thailand. It gives a superficial veneer that 'they are doing something' but more importantly loads of jobs for the boys, their mia nois and families. Quadruple Singhas , fact finding trips to Switzerland and VIP passes in Poseidon all round !

55 minutes ago, greeneking said:

How much more duplication is needed?  Already many existing bodies to deal with corruption.  Get on with it.
National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC)
Election Commission
Office of the Auditor-General of Thailand
Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission
Department of Special Investigation
Royal Thai Police (RTP)......I know!

and now Anti Corruption centres to report to the PM’s Office.......

Long term failure to do anything much means this country even has a "Museum of Thai Corruption" in Bangkok.

Oh yes the Museum - anything about submarines per chance ?

It will take a brave brave person to complain about police activities and corruption. I would be surprised if someone did and they would have to put there name and address on it When this person leaves it will handed straight to the police chief Look out the person who made the complaint Hope you can swim Might be hard with a rock tied around your neck This is all about showing people Thailand is not corrupt In 6 months time all reports will be looked at and thrown in the bin Then meeting will be held all attending (Mainly generals) and paid 100,000 Baht to attend to discuss the results and a statement will read out from one Generals with big Thai smile  and 40 medals across his chest stating they have indentified the areas of corruption and it will stamped out and have a good day everyone.

Surely an email address could guarantee anonymity?  As reports of police corruption are reported a counter would tot up the number of complaints against an officer.  When the number reached, say, a million, the anti-corruption league would swing into action.

Or can't report because you already paid for a job and won't loose it or paid to be upgrade in the army (100'000 bath for a caporal grade - 2 years ago) or too dangerous to report army bribe to a service overseen by the army.

2 weeks ago 400'000 bath to entry the thai air force to become a pilot. (Not paid). Don't remember who and where it's better.