Bike Insurance.

Went to re insure my CB300F yesterday with Viriyah, bike is just coming up to 3 years old. Paid 2,500B last year. My Thai is not fantastic so there was a bit of confusion. However by the time it was sorted I ended up with a 2 year policy (never knew that existed) for 950B. Same policy number as last year. The insured value is adjusted down for the second year. Just thought people may be interested.

The Viriyah agent where l am won't insure my Versys on voluntary ins only will do CTPL l have to use a broker for extra cover.

Is it only for theft and 2 years cover sounds weird. ? ?

Edited by Kwasaki

The Viriyah agent where l am won't insure my Versys on voluntary ins only will do CTPL l have to use a broker for extra cover.
Is it only for theft and 2 years cover sounds weird. ? ?

The insurance document is exactly the same as last years exept for the different price and amount insured. You could be right about it only covering theft. I do know there is an age limit on cars for First class insurance, 10 years old I believe. They did mention something about the bike being four years old next year. Perhaps the cut off for first class insurance on a bike is three years?

31 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

The insurance document is exactly the same as last years exept for the different price and amount insured. You could be right about it only covering theft. I do know there is an age limit on cars for First class insurance, 10 years old I believe. They did mention something about the bike being four years old next year. Perhaps the cut off for first class insurance on a bike is three years?

You have confused me even more,  you can't possibly have 1st class insurance at that price, sounds to me like a mistake, and 2 year insurance doesn't make sense.

The reason l say that is one of the quotes l got for my Versys for 1 year, can't remember if it was 1st class cover was 14,000 baht.

You have confused me even more,  you can't possibly have 1st class insurance at that price, sounds to me like a mistake, and 2 year insurance doesn't make sense.
The reason l say that is one of the quotes l got for my Versys for 1 year, can't remember if it was 1st class cover was 14,000 baht.

Bike cost 130,000B new. Insurance first year was 4,000B. Year 2 insurance was 3,100B insured value 78,000B. Year 3 insurance 2,500B insured value 65,000B. Year 4, two year policy 950B, first year insured value 50,000B, second year insured value 35,000B. I totally agree it is strange but policy ends on 05/08/2562 which is two years. As you mentioned perhaps this policy only covers theft.