Things you don't do in Thailand because you know better

canuckamuck

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrive at immigration boarder dishevelled appearance, drunk and lacking any respect for officer…then demand entry into the kingdom “because you have a Visa” after he/she has refused you entry…

Immigration is the door security of Thailand... So if your face, attitude or appearance is not right then “you’re not getting in” and at any time you may be asked to leave, remember you have “no rights” you are only a guest after all.

21 hours ago, Timemaster said:

Arrive at immigration boarder dishevelled appearance, drunk and lacking any respect for officer…then demand entry into the kingdom “because you have a Visa” after he/she has refused you entry…

Immigration is the door security of Thailand... So if your face, attitude or appearance is not right then “you’re not getting in” and at any time you may be asked to leave, remember you have “no rights” you are only a guest after all.

Not a guest.

A paying guest.

A guest is a friend to be taken care of.

A paying guest is a customer to be taken advantage of.

14 minutes ago, RowdyAlpha said:

If you can't find the product your after in the shop, don't waste your time asking the assistant "do you know where I could get one." They never know.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Never ask "what is the difference between the 5.000 baht model and the 10.000 baht model".

That question would only prove you are stupid, because obviously the colours are different. You no see?

16 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Never go to Pattaya or give money to prostitutes

Is it OK to give money to gold diggers?

Ask Thais for directions. Even if they don't know, they'll send one off somewhere, rather than admit they don't know.

Which is why I always ask someone that looks like an expat instead.

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

When a Gentleman on the street tells you "You have a lucky face" keep walking. You could be mezmerized and tricked out of your money!

could????? you mean will!!!!!!

You sound like a realy nice guy, PM me and I will tell you all about this wonderful bussines opportunity.

1 minute ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Never attend Duty Free shops at a Thai airport. You may be falsely accused of shoplifting and fleeced a huge fine on threat of jail and missing your flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....or you may actually buy something, at double the street price.

• 2 weeks later...

When accosted by a Ladyboy on the street, do not stop.

Keep walking, put your hand on your wallet/mobile. Smile pleasantly whilst giving a small head nod and go about your business. Say nothing, many are criminals, potentially violent, and have the strength of any other man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 15/07/2017 at 0:54 PM, worgeordie said:

Never expect to get a reply to an E mail you have sent to a Thai Company.

regards worgeordie

Mostly true. Jap companies' Thai branch sometimes reply.  Honda Power Equipment was helpful.  The people who made my UPS denied ever getting it .  I know they lied.  They told my wife when she rang things they didn't learn from her but were in the email.

Pointing or touching things with feet including dog & cat food plates.

Since  September 2013 never believe that wine or any other alcoholic drink that has a label saying "made and bottled in" (the original source country) actually was.  Particularly the cheaper wines & Whiskeys.   And if it really was not bottled there it has probably been watered down, flavoured up and other wise monkeyed with here or in another SE Asian country with re-bottling contracts.  I am not sure whether the home countries provide bottle & seals or whether they are  made in Asia.  If the latter then the contents may well be local too

Edited by The Deerhunter

You're not alone with that one, it can be annoying. In my circles anyway if you don't use "Line" you're a dinosaur.

14 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Mostly true. Jap companies' Thai branch sometimes reply.  Honda Power Equipment was helpful.  The people who made my UPS denied ever getting it .  I know they lied.  They told my wife when she rang things they didn't learn from her but were in the email.