Good Floor Mats

Fortuner ... cardboard wouldn't look too out of place ... sorry :smile:

I've seen some stuff in Makro, buy in a roll and you can cut to size ... I did buy some made-to-measure a few years ago, in what looked like the same stuff ... very easy to shake the dust/debris off or 'hoover', looked quite smart and you can hold it in place with velcro. They do it in red colour as well...........  

Fortuner ... cardboard wouldn't look too out of place ... sorry :smile:

I've seen some stuff in Makro, buy in a roll and you can cut to size ... I did buy some made-to-measure a few years ago, in what looked like the same stuff ... very easy to shake the dust/debris off or 'hoover', looked quite smart and you can hold it in place with velcro. They do it in red colour as well...........  

Thanks. Looked at the Ford, but as it was for the wife it was her call...

The main dealer will have ones made for the ride, or should have...They had for the Vigo..

The dealer seems to offer carpet, but not rubber. The carpet mats that came with are nice, but we get a bit of rain here.

One thing nice about Isuzu is they have great floor mats...

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

The dealer seems to offer carpet, but not rubber. The carpet mats that came with are nice, but we get a bit of rain here.

Toyota do not do plastic mats anymore. They will only supply the over carpet ones.

Good quality but as you say none to great if you get lot's of water on them.

Many car shops do do plastic ones to fit or they will make them fit. Best you go give a few shops a try.

I haven't bothered with them quite satisfied with the Toyota carpets. They don't seem to stain and clean up like new when I have the lump valeted.  

11 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Do the ones they offer have slightly raised edges to retain water off your shoes. If they do then they are made from some sort of plastic to look nice but hold water and clean easy with a hose.....

I bought some off the shelf at Tesco, less than 100 baht each. They have a honeycomb surface that doesn't allow any water run-off and only required minimal trimming on the drivers side around the footrest.

Do the ones they offer have slightly raised edges to retain water off your shoes. If they do then they are made from some sort of plastic to look nice but hold water and clean easy with a hose.....

"Rubber" was something of a misnomer, I assume they're neoprene or something similar.

The older model had a nice ~2cm lip all the way around and were a little softer. The newer model has less of a lip but the "rubber" is more robust.

Both use two pieces front and three pieces rear.

I'd be stoked if I could get the same thing for the 'tuna.

There are lots of ads on Facebook for "3D car mats" They are shaped to fit and designed to hold dirt, grit and dust etc. All popular models covered.

Here's an example have a search on FB or Line.

IMG_4778.thumb.PNG.6942eb106978f1d9956cbd3a2e624c82.PNG

IMG_4779.thumb.PNG.c63e199c373b2f8ace6986addc7835c8.PNG

There are lots of ads on Facebook for "3D car mats" They are shaped to fit and designed to hold dirt, grit and dust etc. All popular models covered.
Here's an example have a search on FB or Line.

IMG_4778.thumb.PNG.6942eb106978f1d9956cbd3a2e624c82.PNG

IMG_4779.thumb.PNG.c63e199c373b2f8ace6986addc7835c8.PNG

Thanks, I give them a call.

Thanks, I looked on Lazada, but I really want to see them before I buy...

I'm surprised you didn't get tailored rubber and carpet mats as standard, or is it only Ford who do that?

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I was surprised also, as rubber and carpet are standard on Isuzu as well.

9 hours ago, mogandave said:

Perhaps

You could try ordering a set for the old Fortuner/Revo. They must be near enough fit wise, might have to do a bit of alteration. Was thinking of that myself. But have decided to stick with the over carpets and change once they get tatty. Never liked the plastic ones. Made it look more like a commercial lump anyway. 

12 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Maybe the last govt bailout wasn't enough to include such luxurious items?

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Please put me right me if I'm incorrect but wasn't it ford that got bailed out???

Luxurious. Might seem Luxurious in a Ford where everything is cheap plastic Allegedly. Including their gearboxes, Engine oil seals, water pipes.

You will never get Cheap plastic in a quality lump. EG. Just look at a Bentley.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

...then look at your Spivo and sadly walk away shaking your head.

You seem to have it tad incorrect. Think it should be drive away. At least I wouldn't have to push it or put it on a low loader. Before waiting for repairs.

Please put me right me if I'm incorrect but wasn't it ford that got bailed out???
Luxurious. Might seem Luxurious in a Ford where everything is cheap plastic Allegedly. Including their gearboxes, Engine oil seals, water pipes.
You will never get Cheap plastic in a quality lump. EG. Just look at a Bentley.

Ford did not take the bailout money, GM & Chrysler did.

I don't know about Toyota.

21 minutes ago, mogandave said:

The new tuna's initially came with a bailing bucket due to incorrectly fitted seals in the rear door windows.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Ford should have taken it and spent it on their design peeps. Seems that the ones they have a present are well passed it.

Toyota have never needed bail out monies, they sell like hot cakes. More than likely because they never go wrong. Or have OIL leeks.

Just taken the Tank in for its weekly valet. While they had the over carpets out had a gander, see snaps.

First one back showing rubber backing & grips. 2nd carpet they had put the blower over that. Then Vac: it after. Snap before the Vac: 

IMGP0033.JPG

IMGP0034.JPG

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The new tuna's initially came with a bailing bucket due to incorrectly fitted seals in the rear door windows.

Problem was sorted within weeks. Unlike the Fords they still have to fit new engines and gearboxes. On a weekly basis.

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Problem was sorted within weeks. Unlike the Fords they still have to fit new engines and gearboxes. On a weekly basis.

So, the bailing bucket isn't on the dealers list of freebies any more?

Shame.

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Just taken the Tank in for its weekly valet. While they had the over carpets out had a gander, see snaps.

First one back showing rubber backing & grips. 2nd carpet they had put the blower over that. Then Vac: it after. Snap before the Vac: 

IMGP0033.JPG

IMGP0034.JPG

Wow!... just like Wildtrak carpets. Scary stuff eh?

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Ford should have taken it and spent it on their design peeps. Seems that the ones they have a present are well passed it.

Meanwhile, in the real world's motoring press, the Everests are pissing all over 'tuna's in the aesthetics and functionality departments.

Yes, yes, we know, you like the looks of your Spivo.

Now, tell us what tint you have.... on your glasses?

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Shame.

Meanwhile, in the real world's motoring press, the Everests are pissing all over 'tuna's in the aesthetics and functionality departments.

But Toyota dealers are smiling cos they do not have to deal with daft problems that should not have been there in the first place....:smile:

My dad always told not to ask someone that HAS one, ask someone that HAD one.

I've had a few Toyotas, and quite a few Fords. They both build good products.

My wife would not even consider a Ford, and I think the 'tuna is better looking anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Shame.

Photochromic ones. But as that's a long word try variable tint. 15% on Tank side windows nothing on W/Screen.

Re the Peeing bit are you referring to the sound of the oil as it "Gushes" out of the rear Engine oil seal on the Everest???

I did see that you missed out the reliability bit in your post.

Archived