Trump ex-adviser says he never heard of campaign contacts with Russians

rooster59

Trump ex-adviser says he never heard of campaign contacts with Russians

trump.PNG

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Michael Caputo, who was an adviser to President Donald Trump's presidential campaign, said he told a U.S. House of Representatives committee on Friday that he never heard of anyone in the campaign talking with Russians.

"Today I spent my time in front of the committee detailing the fact that I had no contacts with Russians and I never heard of anyone in the Trump campaign talking with Russians," Caputo, a political consultant, told reporters after testifying at a closed meeting of the House Intelligence Committee.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-07-15

Lets hope Caputo was telling the truth and not trying to protect Trump because now, every investigative journalist will comb through his life, down to what colour underwear he uses and if it is found he was lying...............clink!

These are all starting to sound like conversations between a serial philanderer and his long-suffering wife.

"Russians? What Russians?? Is that even a word?"

"What! I just looked at the Russian from the corner of my eye; it's not like I was staring"

"Yeah, well, that is a Russian number on my phone. I have no idea how it got there."

"Those photos? good god, my phone's been hacked!"

"Aren't those *your* panties?"

"No! That can't be! Where does it say 'made in Russia'?"

"Well, yeah, alright, technically that is my dick inside her. But it's all your fault; Waddya doin' home so early anyway?"

T

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

I had no contacts with Russians

American Caputo has a history with the Russians.

• advisor to Boris Yeltsin
  • employed by Gazprom to improve Putin and Russian government's image in the US
  • worked for Volodymyr Lytvyn, former parliament speaker and chief of staff to ex-president Leonid Kuchma
  • last Eastern European client was in 2015

https://www.pressreader.com/ukraine/kyiv-post/20170303/281762744043165

Caputo is at least another "dot". Oh, and married to an Ukrainian.

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

• worked for Volodymyr Lytvyn, former parliament speaker and chief of staff to ex-president Leonid Kuchma

I wonder, is it a coincidence that so many people with ties to a particular area have got together by coincidence?   

12 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Caputo was also a Russian citizen before he immigrated to the US to receive dual American citizenship through naturalization.

Thus far, the only unidentified person in the meeting was the "translator" that is generally a low grade position - especially compared to the professional people in the meeting. Russians brought the translator to the meeting because they knew that at least one Russian did not presumably speak english (that may have been a ruse). What better position for a Russian Federal Security Service spy who is trained to observe, report back to the Kremlin the results of the meeting and its potential for further cooperation? The presence of the translator shouldn't be overlooked.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Caputo was also a Russian citizen before he immigrated to the US to receive dual American citizenship through naturalization.

Thus far, the only unidentified person in the meeting was the "translator" that is generally a low grade position - especially compared to the professional people in the meeting. Russians brought the translator to the meeting because they knew that at least one Russian did not presumably speak english (that may have been a ruse). What better position for a Russian Federal Security Service spy who is trained to observe, report back to the Kremlin the results of the meeting and its potential for further cooperation? The presence of the translator shouldn't be overlooked.

Apparently there was one more still yet unidentified person. A total of 8 people. Hmmm, 8 people, 20 mins, nothing really said of value, (documents WERE handed over) . It seems Manafort after 25 years of being involved in lobbying and campaign management needs a master class in which meetings to attend when he allegedly has no idea of the participants or the contents!

Edited by Andaman Al

At this point, I like to know. Were there any "connected" Russians in NYC that did not meet with the Trumps and if so why?

Traffic too heavy? weight restrictions in the elevator at Trump tower? Busy computer hacking?

50 minutes ago, sirineou said:

At this point, I like to know. Were there any "connected" Russians in NYC that did not meet with the Trumps and if so why?

Traffic too heavy? weight restrictions in the elevator at Trump tower? Busy computer hacking?

I remember seeing Trump begging  on tv calling out the russians if they could please hack Hilary email Account.His whole team were having meetings with Russians and now he desperately try to cover it up!He has been caught for how many lies till now?

Edited by Destiny1990

Trump shielders are falling over themselves trying to prove the meeting was nothing. Part of that is saying the British ding dong who set up the meeting is a clown. Let's keep in mind, the Brit was a go-between, a messenger. If the Kremlin wanted to get a message to a bunch of US clowns, why not use a British clown as messenger?  Heck, they could have used a toad with a post-it note taped to its back.  The issue is the exchange of info (and possibly money/trade for such info).  It matter less who the go-between was.  NYC has a lot of trained pigeons.  I hear they're pretty good at taking bits of paper from one place to another.

8 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I remember seeing Trump begging  on tv calling out the russians if they could please hack Hilary email Account.His whole team were having meetings with Russians and now he desperately try to cover it up!He has been caught for how many lies till now?

Let's just say, if each lie we're a brick in the wall, he'd have have Mexican wall by now.

T

10 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I would not be one bit surprised if Trump Sr was at that meeting.  If not, he was likely being kept apprised of it in real time.  The Russian lawyer said Manafort was doodling with his hand held phone (keeping the boss, upstairs, apprised?) the whole time he was at the meeting.

Melania (who speaks Russian), Ivanka, and/or Eric Trump may have also been at that meeting.  Certainly, any configuration of Trumps were at similar meetings throughout (and prior/after) the campaign.  Let's hope the FBI and Special Counsel team are doing their jobs ably.  I've given up thinking the Congressional committees can do decent jobs, because they're led by Republicans, so they're duty-bound to stifle any data which implicates you-know-who.

3 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I would not be one bit surprised if Trump Sr was at that meeting.  If not, he was likely being kept apprised of it in real time.  The Russian lawyer said Manafort was doodling with his hand held phone (keeping the boss, upstairs, apprised?) the whole time he was at the meeting.

Melania (who speaks Russian), Ivanka, and/or Eric Trump may have also been at that meeting.  Certainly, any configuration of Trumps were at similar meetings throughout (and prior/after) the campaign.  Let's hope the FBI and Special Counsel team are doing their jobs ably.  I've given up thinking the Congressional committees can do decent jobs, because they're led by Republicans, so they're duty-bound to stifle any data which implicates you-know-who.

Probably The only one among them NOT meeting Russians was 10 year old Baron, because he's the smartest one among them and knew better than to meet secretly with representatives of an antagonist power in the midst of an election.

T

1 minute ago, Thakkar said:

Probably The only one among them NOT meeting Russians was 10 year old Baron, because he's the smartest one among them and knew better than to meet secretly with representatives of an antagonist power in the midst of an election.

T

Yup ! When you screw things up yourself you only have yourself to blame, but when your kids screw you out of the best job in the world it will result in long lasting hurt ! Mr Trump get ALL your children and their partners out of the White House. POTUS has clearly never been to Thailand and seen the results of jobs/projects and work carried out when wifey persuades you to give the project or business to a family member or close family friend. It is always 100% a disaster.