What is average price on higher land around Chiang Mai city skirt ?

Foozool

I have lived here for 2 years. ....

In your first post on this thread you said you have lived here for 3 months.

????

Anyway your title question is unanswerable, too vague here or in Southern California.

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

In your first post on this thread you said you have lived here for 3 months.

????

Anyway your title question is unanswerable, too vague here or in Southern California.

You misread

I lived in Chiang Mai for 3 months.

thank you

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:08 PM, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Dog problems were at the top of my list in Hang Dong.  Didn't like their owners, at all.  Condo problems are more manageable.

Indeed, I sometimes have to take the motorbike out via Hang Dong late at night or early morning - 2am ish, and everywhere in Thailand the dogs are asleep except for Hang Dong - They wait by the side of the dual carriageways to try to spring an attack!

11 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Indeed, I sometimes have to take the motorbike out via Hang Dong late at night or early morning - 2am ish, and everywhere in Thailand the dogs are asleep except for Hang Dong - They wait by the side of the dual carriageways to try to spring an attack!

Hang Dong was the first (and not last) place, where foreigners told me they had paid to have dogs poisoned.  Living close to a busy street is a good thing here.  More than a few hundred meters, it becomes a problem with cars and dogs.

It's a pity, because Hang Dong is a good taown.

Hang Dong was the first (and not last) place, where foreigners told me they had paid to have dogs poisoned.  Living close to a busy street is a good thing here.  More than a few hundred meters, it becomes a problem with cars and dogs.

It's a pity, because Hang Dong is a good taown.

Does poisoning a family's pet dog bother your conscience at all?

24 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

Does poisoning a family's pet dog bother your conscience at all?

I like dogs and have owned them myself .Some Thais treat dogs badly .Keep them locked up all day so they start barking continually in frustration . Killing such a dog is doing him a favour and also helping the neighbours ,living next to it .

Only in the almost never occurrence that a dog was accidentally off his property on execution day, and even rarer, if he was properly taken care of.  It bothers me a lot more that pit bull mailings still happen in the civilized world.

Would you kill a dog while he was on his owners property?

On July 16, 2560 BE at 4:13 PM, Foozool said:

Actually I wont spend more than 1000,000 since it is over my budget. If I find anything around Chiang Mai otherwise I will look else where.

I am not going to build any house on the land since it will be on my girlfriend name. I will lease it (30 year)from her and place 2 containers on the lot (my own interior design/not costly though).  I can relocate them in case of any problem (unlikely).

We had a well dug for around 100,000 baht - - not sure how deep it is, but pretty deep... we are out in the countryside and part of the deal was that they had 2-3 other jobs in the area... 

Where do you get the containers here? Do any of them come already built out? Is it practical in this heat? 

I would look out in the Doi Saket area as someone else mentioned... 

I like dogs and have owned them myself .Some Thais treat dogs badly .Keep them locked up all day so they start barking continually in frustration . Killing such a dog is doing him a favour and also helping the neighbours ,living next to it .

Last year someone was killing dogs in Doi Saket inside gated yards by throwing them poisoned meat. To some that is justice, to others it's an example of something else.

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Where do you get the containers here? Do any of them come already built out? Is it practical in this heat? 

No, it's not at all practical, or cost effective.

* You can't have them in the sun or it will literally be a solar oven, so you will be constructing a big roof with some air clearance above all containers.  And then you'd still need to add insulation if they're gonig to be air conditioned.

* Shipping containers are not designed to hold up after having holes cut into the sides for doors and windows (and you do want windows).  Forget any construction that involves stacking them creatively, and also moving them later becomes iffy (like with a crane they could fold in half if there are holes in the sides.)   Of course you could reinforce it on the inside or outside to prevent this, but that adds cost and complexity.

* Some of the highest costs with building something isn't actually in the posts, beams and walls, it's in kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors, etc.  All of these costs still apply to using shipping containers as building blocks.  Plus with the roof being more complex, and still needing a basic foundation, the only things you avoid are a couple concrete posts and beams and some bricks.. those don't cost a whole lot for the ground-level only structure that one or two containers would provide, and it's much easier to find people who can get a basic post & beam house up compared to working with steel.

The only thing going for it is that in theory it 'sounds nice' that at any time you can call a container truck and say 'hasta la pasta, baby' and take off.  ... ... if your container doesn't fold in half in the process, because then you'd look silly.

http://grist.org/cities/dear-architects-stop-trying-to-make-shipping-container-buildings-happen/

And in terms of being movable,  a traditional Thai wooden home is actually quite movable.  Especially if you get one that just needs assembly on-site.   (Thai wooden houses also aren't all that great, but still a lot better than a steel cargo box. :) )

On 17/07/2017 at 2:53 PM, Foozool said:

I meant if my girlfriend cause any problem. I can not get away from every problem by moving my container home.

I have lived here for 2 years. I'm sure I do not know as much as you.

If your problems are not personal why don't you share ? If you don't mind.

I'll try to be brief.  About ten years ago we bought 4 rai of land on the road going up to Tad Mok waterfall; pretty much in the middle of nowhere.  No one around us, not even telephone lines.  Built a very nice house.  There's still been very little development on the road EXCEPT for the two lots right on either side of us.  One lot was so small, after which the land drops off precipitously, I said no one can build on that.  Well, TIT.  Some genius from Bangkok built a four story monstrosity (he calls it a resort), using all the land.  He built literally on our property line, and actually a bit over it.  Unfortunately we were out of the country for extended periods during this construction, and though the building codes say "one meter off the line if you have windows", when asked, the local moo ban said "well, no one complained".  TIT.  We've been in court ever since, and I'm not holding my breath, though the judge ruled for us.  The only reason I bothered with court was to annoy him; I expect nothing to come of it.

On the other side, even better.  I tried to buy the land but it was simply beyond my budget.  So, the people that own Eagle Track zip lines bought it and put in an "adventure park".  So now I awaken every morning to screaming tourists, rain or shine, zip lining.  

And yep, nothing else to speak of, no development, except this for a good mile in either direction.  I'm ground zero.  So that's why I had to chuckle when you said chances of problems were small.  Didn't realize you were referring to "internal" problems.  

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

We had a well dug for around 100,000 baht - - not sure how deep it is, but pretty deep... we are out in the countryside and part of the deal was that they had 2-3 other jobs in the area... 

I would look out in the Doi Saket area as someone else mentioned... 

If you decide to have one, don't make too many windows cut and not too wide windows unless modify it structurally. 

Insulation is needed from inside (I prefer 5cm rigid foam sheet) like an icebox inside still box. Roof (insulated metal sheets are inexpensive) definitely needed and some siding with some distance, South and West side. East side will be up to you. 

Dont forget to get a tall one (9.5 feet)

you could find find more information here:

http://www.containerkingsthailand.com/

Archived