Five suspects detained for alleged involving in massacre in Krabi

rooster59

Five suspects detained for alleged involving in massacre in Krabi

50d9c6e3ddb589f5f60da9ee7480f194.jpeg

Police have arrested five men in connection with the mass murder of eight victims including three children last week.

Police also seized a Toyota fortuner the suspects used in the crime. It was taken to a police unit for forensic officials to collect evidence.

It is still unclear the motive of the killing, police source said. The suspects were taken to Pang Nga province where they are believed to dump weapons and destroy evidence.

The same police source said that most of the suspects were native of Pang Nga.

The country was shocked last week with the massacre of eight family members at a residence of a village headman in Krabi's Ao Luek district. The victims included the village headman himself and three young members of the family.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30320869

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-16

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

People who will do something like this are thoroughly deserving of the death penalty and if found guilty, I hope that is what the court so orders.

The courts?..Here in Thailand...lol

Pay 10,000 baht and you can go free.

Updated : Five men arrested in Krabi massacre confessed: National police chief

409897e3c28cbddca29ea5157b1e78f2-atwb.png

The national police chief has confirmed the arrests of five men who he said confessed to the massacre of eight victims, including three children, in the southern province of Krabi last week.

He declined to reveal who masterminded the killing.

The men are civilians, Pol-General Chakthip Chaijinda insisted, dismissing an earlier rumour that the suspects were former military men. Witnesses to the crime had said they wore camouflage clothes and shot the victims in the head execution style.

Chakthip said that all people allegedly involved in the murders were already in police custody. However he declined to reveal the mastermind.

Meanwhile police spokesman Pol-Colonel Krissana Pattanachoroen told reporters that the murder motive probably involved land and debt disputes between the assailants and village headman, Worayuth Sunglung. Worayuth was one of the victims.

Last week, people awoke to the shocking news that eight victims were killed en masse in Worayuth’s house in Ao Luek district. The victims were shot in the head execution style by assailants who stormed the house, disguised as security officials.

They held the victims hostage in separate rooms for hours before killing them. Five died at the scene while three others, including Worayuth, were pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.

Chakthip said some of the suspects were natives of Pang Nga, leading the suspects to escape there and destroy evidence. 

The five suspects were taken last night to nearby Pang Nga’s Muang district where they told police they dumped weapons and burnt a Toyota Yaris belonging to Worayuth, according to police.

Police also seized a Toyota Fortuner used by the suspects. Forensic officials are examining it for fingerprints and other evidence. 

At a suspect’s house in the district, police unearthed potential evidence, including telephone SIM cards and identity cards belonging to the victims, as well as three guns and ammunition reportedly belonging to Worayuth. The suspects’ confessions led police to retrieve gloves and handcuffs.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30320876

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-16

Sometimes I wonder about these so-called confessions to crimes as heinous as this one

the defendants surely know that either they're going to be put to death or something to make their life a living hell

life in prison maxed out a 20 years that kind of thing

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

People who will do something like this are thoroughly deserving of the death penalty and if found guilty, I hope that is what the court so orders.

Just for their stupidity they should get death. Nobody seems to know there is a CCTV every few meters of road. We just don't know enough about it.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

How  and why did they think they could get away with it?  (Mind you, at this stage, innocent until proven guilty) but it sounds like it could be the right guys.

2 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

The courts?..Here in Thailand...lol

Pay 10,000 baht and you can go free.

No way, not this time. This case is too high profile and these were Thai victims, not foreigners that Thais don`t care about.

I think in this case that a prison sentence is more appropriate then the death penalty, because in prison their lives will become a living hell. A quick death sentence is too easy a way out for them.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

they should all be confessing, right about...  now.

You were just a bit trigger happy - posted this comment 2 hours ago without accounting for the time difference between actual confession, then the time it takes for the broadcast information - about another hour - to reach Thai Visa - total 2 hours.

Shame on you. You give the impression that news on stories like this are not true or transparent, but instead rather predictable in nature and probably engineered more to satisfy curiousity and probably obfuscate the truth rather than give a full and accurate version of events.

Are the people arrested told what kind of confession is acceptable before they confess? Opportunites to make deals like 'Don't tell anyone Somchai told you to do this and we won't torture you with boiling water bags down your trousers' or something...

Oh, to be a fly on the wall...

Edited by ben2talk
obfuscation.

1 hour ago, Mudlover said:

Of course, the police chief has declined to reveal the mastermind behind the massacre.

Of course, would you expect anything else, but then I'm a cynical bar steward... 

1 hour ago, jobwolf said:

Just for their stupidity they should get death. Nobody seems to know there is a CCTV every few meters of road. We just don't know enough about it.

I don't think the Thai justice system, so flawed as it is, should be trusted with capital punishment.

6 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

There is not a lot of value put on life here when we read these stories so often.

NONSENSE!!!

i have lived here 7 1/2 years; while almost every day there are stories of 1 or 2 victims killed,

NEVER have i heard of 8 people being killed at one time,

unlike my native America, where mass shootings happen virtually every week

5 hours ago, All right said:

So, what is the motive of the massacre? Maybe the reasons are not material?

there seem to be no less than three possible motives for this crime;

however, being as Worayuth was headman/kamnan, there is no doubt

that there are other influential figures who may be involved

3 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

I don't think the Thai justice system, so flawed as it is, should be trusted with capital punishment.

well, the "justice" system is certainly in error with another recent and quite notorious case in which 2 Burmese face death for something that they did not do...

this case, in which a headman/kamnan and his entire family were killed,

obviously has implications w/influential figures being involved- how deeply?... 

let us not forget, the killing of Tony Kenway- what's up w/NO news since Jan/Feb???

(and  how connected he appeared to be, remembering the Dec cover pic on his fb)

or back to case of Thai "justice" for Thai people, what about "Boss Red Bull"?!?!?!?

seems as if some people get away with murder...  

Edited by jenifer d
sentence formatting

49 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

NONSENSE!!!

i have lived here 7 1/2 years; while almost every day there are stories of 1 or 2 victims killed,

NEVER have i heard of 8 people being killed at one time,

unlike my native America, where mass shootings happen virtually every week

ok, sorry, there WAS one exception since i've lived here, actually several times within a few weeks...

in 2010, many more were shot at one time, in Bangkok- several incidents-

but we can't really talk about that, can we??? 

The entire world condemns IS....yet here in Thailand, we have a group of people that executed 3 kids (plus 5 others).....and we hear the shit talk that there is no terrorism in Thailand.....what the <deleted> evidence do people need!!

7 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

The entire world condemns IS....yet here in Thailand, we have a group of people that executed 3 kids (plus 5 others).....and we hear the shit talk that there is no terrorism in Thailand.....what the <deleted> evidence do people need!!

This was not an act of terrorism, this was a feud regarding some shady land deals, greed and corruption, although there were Muslims involved.

Been reading about the random acid attacks in the UK that are increasing in intensity. The world is becoming a dangerous place, whereas no one is exempt from brutality and violence, old, young or children. Why these murdering scum had to be so brutal towards innocent kids and murder them sure beats me. I can`t comprehend it and never will be able to guess the ways of thinking of these people.