Tens of thousands sign petition to get 'My Mate Nate' booted out of Thailand

webfact

Tens of thousands sign petition to get 'My Mate Nate' booted out of Thailand

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The Thai state railways are stepping up the heat on YouTuber Nate Bartling after his latest stunt putting coins on their tracks.

They say he has broken a 1921 trespass law and plan to speak to him today.

Meanwhile a website that has called for him to be thrown out of Thailand has also been visited thousands of times.

Some 30,000 people on change.org have signed petition calling for the 30 something American to be given his marching orders from Thailand immediately.

Nate has angered people in the past with stunts embarrassing Thai teenagers in the English language.

But when he moved his antics into what many said was animal cruelty more people took notice - he froze a fish in liquid nitrogen then made a cat fight a scorpion - all filmed for his YouTube channel.

But his latest stunts putting a variety of foreign coins on railway tracks may be the straw that broke the camel's back for the Thai authorities - and Thai speaking Nate's future in the kingdom.

Sanook quoted an expert from a Lat Krabang engineering institute - Mongkhol Mongkholwongjot - as saying that while coins on the tracks could not derail a train, over time they could cause damage to the wheels and tracks limiting their lifespan.

Now Thanongsak Phongprasert at the State Railways of Thailand has said that Nate's activity constitutes the breaking of ordinances introduced in 1921.

Thanongsak said a case has been prepared against Nate Bartling for trespass that will be presented today.

Sanook's story itself has been shared 19,000 times with rumours that Nate's channel has been viewed millions of times. He will have received money for all those clicks.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-17

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a horrible parasite and I will be overjoyed to see him get arrested and thrown out of the country. I won't shed a single tear if he happens to get thrown in the local jail for a while first though. Scumbag gives foreigners a bad name.

13 minutes ago, smedly said:

the stupidity is astounding, now we have every kid in Thailand wanting to try this insanity - the outcome is obvious

Agree...much worse that 5 kids on a moped going along the highway!

I'm not sure that kicking him out serves any useful purpose. Yes, he's creepy but the real issue is why he has such a huge fan base.....that is REALLY troubling and the underlying cause won't be addressed by expelling him.

His impressive Thai language skills seem to have attracted attention and helped get him in trouble. Many expats must be envious (I know I was), but makes me wonder if some Thais aren't threatened as well. You know, the 'only Thais can speak Thai' crowd and 'if you're not docile and gullible, we don't want you here' crowd. As far as I'm concerned, these grievances are hyper sensitive. Many Thais live in an echo chamber about how wonderful they and Thailand are, and need to be challenged more often with honest feedback. How is Thailand going to 'move forward' if honest feedback is censored and any foreigner who fails to respond on cue how' wonderful 'and  'amazing' Thailand is, gets thrown out of the country?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Some 30,000 people on change.org have signed petition calling for the 30 something American to be given his marching orders from Thailand immediately.

He's 30 something - why does he behave like a 10 year old?

should be arrested for wearing that hat back to front!

Absolutely! How about a petition to make wearing a baseball cap when over the age of 18 a criminal offence, and wearing one back to front a capital offence!!
:)

He's 30 something - why does he behave like a 10 year old?

Because he appeals to 10 year olds. Little Miss JAG used to be a great fan. Now she is 12 and says he is "foolish"!

4 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

His impressive Thai language skills seem to have attracted attention and helped get him in trouble. Many expats must be envious (I know I was), but makes me wonder if some Thais aren't threatened as well. You know, the 'only Thais can speak Thai' crowd and 'if you're not docile and gullible, we don't want you here' crowd. As far as I'm concerned, these grievances are hyper sensitive. Many Thais live in an echo chamber about how wonderful they and Thailand are, and need to be challenged more often with honest feedback. How is Thailand going to 'move forward' if honest feedback is censored and any foreigner who fails to respond on cue how' wonderful 'and  'amazing' Thailand is, gets thrown out of the country?

Totally agree but this prick trespassed and interfered with railway lines and small kids could follow suit  and BAM!   he should be out

15 hours ago, webfact said:

But when he moved his antics into what many said was animal cruelty more people took notice - he froze a fish in liquid nitrogen then made a cat fight a scorpion - all filmed for his YouTube channel.

But his latest stunts putting a variety of foreign coins on railway tracks may be the straw that broke the camel's back for the Thai authorities

At least they got their priorities right yet again :unsure: