Junta to form committees to probe corruption complaints

webfact

Junta to form committees to probe corruption complaints

By The Nation

406552a593adc4ff623df1adcbc0002c.jpeg

NCPO deputy spokeswoman Colonel Sirichan Ngathong

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) will set up committees to probe public complaints after it opened 74 graft complaint-receiving centers at Army compounds under the Defence Ministry.

People can submit complaints at those centres or via the hotline 1299 or PO Box 444 Ratchadamnoen 10200, NCPO deputy spokeswoman Colonel Sirichan Ngathong said on Monday.

She said the committees will consider the credibility of the complaints before forwarding complaints deemed actionable to anti-graft agencies. 

If complaints relate to the Army, they will be scrutinised before being dealt with using bureaucratic measures, she said.

Sirichan said the centres were created in response to an initiative by Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, who heads the NCPO, to extend platforms for people to make complaints about corruption.

They are also designed to show the public that the government is serious about combating graft, she added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30320963

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-17

'If complaints relate to the Army, they will be scrutinised before being dealt with using bureaucratic measures, she said'

Of course they will, does anyone actually believe a single word uttered by these people surely there is nobody that gullible .......

4 minutes ago, mark131v said:

'If complaints relate to the Army, they will be scrutinised before being dealt with using bureaucratic measures, she said'

Of course they will, does anyone actually believe a single word uttered by these people surely there is nobody that gullible .......

They dont care either way, they're being "seen to do the right thing"

Win, lose or draw doesnt matter .

And to who will this committee be accountable to? If it is accountable to the NLA of whom the most members are military and military appointed, are you asking the wolf to be a sheppard? If there is no accountability to voters there is no accountability and only cases they want to take on will be dealt with the rest will be white washed.

Would that be the same committee that The Big Pumpkin said was 'working' on a huge list of corrupt officials some two years ago before he could decide who was going to be prosecuted ?   If so then i presume someone will have to wake them up first.

What a total waste of time, corrupt officials investigating  corruption.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Farcical bloody farcical, who is going to investigate the committee members????

Ohh stupid me, i need to kick my brain in gear.................. Ohh working now.

They will investigate themselves.

4 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Im sure the committees to probe public complaints who in turn will need sub committees who will need investigative committees who will need corruption committees oh my turning into The Land of Committees !

No...you're wrong...Hub of Committees :cheesy:

Oh well they just found jobs for all the generals Committee chairmans. Complaints about the army Complaints about the junta will be dealt with in special way.  I notice they have big rubbish bins in Thailand Soon the be full This is just one big farce 

On 7/17/2017 at 1:15 AM, tracker1 said:

Im sure the committees to probe public complaints who in turn will need sub committees who will need investigative committees who will need corruption committees oh my turning into The Land of Committees !

Thailand, HUB of committees.  :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

So here's how it will work.  Complaints against PTP, democrat or other civil politicians will be dealt with immediately, and harshly.  Complaints against the police will involve a committee that must decide whether to proceed, or not  (this one is delicate).   Complaints against the military will get filed in the trash immediately and without further discussion.

Talk about the fox guarding the hen house.  If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.