American man found hanged in Pattaya

webfact

3 hours ago, stravers said:

I knew this Tony Klang from the expats club. We discussed cruises in great detail and he was an avid traveler some years ago. Business wasn't what it used to be and he was just dwindling away without doing anything to improve his situation.

Was he in the cruise business? 

R.I.P 

10 hours ago, bendejo said:

.. A walk into the sea, a dive off a cliff, or a drive off a cliff (like Thelma & Louise) - job done, no corpse to clean up.

Amazing movie, and a spectacular way to end it all. 

People recommending Benzodiazepines  (Diazepam, Alprazolam etc) are not doing any favors  to anybody, it is terrible advise, because  Benzos alone won''t do it, but person may easily end up permanently damaged, but conscious, needing care for the rest of his life.  Please don't give such advise, only go with proven methods, there is a book, Final Exit published 1991 and still in print, it lays out many painless, proven options. Hanging must be terrible,  being conscious while slowly dying  is not the  way to go. 

21 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Having said that, and I don't fault the girl, I don't really expect her to try and get the guy down.

Not only expected, but required.

in Thailand suicide means there is no time or resources to investigate a crime or potential crime.

real detectives like u see in the movies are far and few in less affluent countries and takes a lot of intelligence and training which low paid occupations can't secure unless it's a high profile crime. 

I think the thais figure foreigners know it's just saving face, but of course most just read the surface word suicide and figure what??

Edited by Jim Turner Mad Punx

20 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I know a guy who is a former heroin user...I would not know a bag of heroin if you slapped me in the head with it.

Anyhow, he said that to shoot up & OD on that stuff was the way to check out.

Must be because you were knocked out cold when slapped in the head with that bag. A clean K.O. knockout.

7 hours ago, ross163103 said:

RIP, on another note, if I had bed sheets like that I'd consider hanging myself also.....just a thought.

Those bedsheets must get the ladies. They're so cute with all those 2 nice pandas on it and we all know how Thais love cute stuff.

10 hours ago, Guitar God said:

I've read that od'ing on sleeping pills isn't a matter of just swallowing pills and not waking up. It usually involves hours of seizures and convulsions and a trip to the hospital. 

The best you can hope for is combining alcohol and hoping you  choke to death on your own vomit. 

I can see why people prefer hanging of jumping off buildings. 

Knowing my luck, I wold probably end up dry reaching 555

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:53 AM, saakura said:

Business back home failing, so he comes to Pattaya for a final fling and tops himself off?

Sorry buddy but you've picked the wrong place for common sense.

As far as Thaivisa members are concerned, farangs simply have life too sweet to even contemplate suicide let alone go through with it so the automatic assumption is that there must be foul play and a Thai at the center of it.

We're all loaded, we're all insanely attractive to the opposite sex, we're all law-abiding to a fault and we never, ever deserve the treatment we get in Thailand.

On 7/18/2017 at 6:24 AM, 4MyEgo said:

The thing that gets me is all these farangs hanging themselves or throwing themselves off buildings, surely sleeping pills can purchased over the counter, take the bottle and sleep, never to wake up, just saying that would be my preferred way to go as opposed to a rope around my neck or splattered all over the tarmac.

RIP to another farang

Unless you know what you are doing, you would stand a greater chance of throwing up some of the drugs but suffering severe brain damage at the same time, thus becoming a huge burden to your family.

Human bodies resist death and will often expel poisons and drugs though people sometimes do strangle on their own vomit.

Anybody planning such an exit needs to do a lot of study first, looking up anti-emetics, for instance, 

On 7/18/2017 at 10:08 AM, Mangkhut said:

Are you aware of how much/many sleeping pills aka benzoes or benzo similars you have to take to die? 

Shitloads of pills - I dont think you would be able to swallow so many pills at all...

Not so many if you chase them down with a bottle of vodka .

On 7/18/2017 at 6:24 AM, 4MyEgo said:

The thing that gets me is all these farangs hanging themselves or throwing themselves off buildings, surely sleeping pills can purchased over the counter, take the bottle and sleep, never to wake up, just saying that would be my preferred way to go as opposed to a rope around my neck or splattered all over the tarmac.

RIP to another farang

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chester-bennington-linkin-park-singer-dead-at-41-w493387

41 year old lead singer for Linkin park hangs himself in LA.
I'm sure he had the ways and means to get any drug he wanted, any gun he wanted or any other tools to kill himself but like a lot of people in Thailand who commit suicide, he chose to hang himself.

Unless you think this hanging is suspicious, I don't think people should assume suicides in Thailand to automatically  be murder just because of the method the person doing it chose.

Robin Williams, Michael Hutchence and many other westerners of means have decided of all methods, to use hanging to kill themselves. I don't know why it's so different here. Is everybody else on TV married to a bargirl?

4 hours ago, Guitar God said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chester-bennington-linkin-park-singer-dead-at-41-w493387

41 year old lead singer for Linkin park hangs himself in LA.
I'm sure he had the ways and means to get any drug he wanted, any gun he wanted or any other tools to kill himself but like a lot of people in Thailand who commit suicide, he chose to hang himself.

Unless you think this hanging is suspicious, I don't think people should assume suicides in Thailand to automatically  be murder just because of the method the person doing it chose.

Robin Williams, Michael Hutchence and many other westerners of means have decided of all methods, to use hanging to kill themselves. I don't know why it's so different here. Is everybody else on TV married to a bargirl?

Yes I suppose your right, must try and hang myself with my hands tied behind my back sometime in the future, what's with the bar girl question as that went straight over the top ?

On 7/21/2017 at 11:06 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Yes I suppose your right, must try and hang myself with my hands tied behind my back sometime in the future, what's with the bar girl question as that went straight over the top ?

I've read that people committing suicide tie their hands together so they die instead of changing their mind and extricating themselves from the noose at the last minute. 

I'm sure there's been at least one murder made to look like a suicide but it would be simple to tie a knot around one hand, wrap it around the other and tighten it with your teeth, step through your hands so they're behind you, then stock your head in a noose. 

The bar bar girl comment was because 100% of the time a farang commits suicide here, no matter if they're depressed, pennyless and destitute or terminally ill and in chronic pain someone always claims it's murder and their gold-digging bar girl wife or girlfriend was behind it to steal their money. 

Same suspiscion every time a six foot, drunk farang falls off a balcony that has a 2.5 foot high railing. 

1 hour ago, Guitar God said:

I've read that people committing suicide tie their hands together so they die instead of changing their mind and extricating themselves from the noose at the last minute. 

I'm sure there's been at least one murder made to look like a suicide but it would be simple to tie a knot around one hand, wrap it around the other and tighten it with your teeth, step through your hands so they're behind you, then stock your head in a noose. 

The bar bar girl comment was because 100% of the time a farang commits suicide here, no matter if they're depressed, pennyless and destitute or terminally ill and in chronic pain someone always claims it's murder and their gold-digging bar girl wife or girlfriend was behind it to steal their money. 

Same suspiscion every time a six foot, drunk farang falls off a balcony that has a 2.5 foot high railing. 

Very valid and explainable points, thx