Metropolitan police chief on hand as cops take down 16 year old "Internet Madam"

webfact

Metropolitan police chief on hand as cops take down 16 year old "Internet Madam"

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan police chief Sanit Mahathavorn was on hand yesterday to announce the arrest of a 16 year old girl who had been arranging illegal underage sex online.

The girl, named only by the fictitious moniker of "Muay", was charged with offering girls aged between 15 but not yet 18 for sex.

This amounts to human trafficking for which the penalties are severe.

The girl was picture with her face obscured with Din Daeng police.

Sanit said that an informer had contacted his force to tell them that Muay was operating on Facebook. So a sting was set up at a hotel in Din Daeng.

Some 3,000 baht was the agreed fee for the girl's services and bringing her to the location. As soon as she arrived in the hotel at 9.20 pm on Saturday the arrest was made.

The money - that had previously been photocopied - and a mobile phone were taken into evidence.

Photos during the sting were also published online by Daily News.

Sanit said the girl had been charged and would face the consequences.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-18

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The money - that had previously been photocopied - and a mobile phone were taken into evidence.

I'm surprised they didn't arrest themselves for counterfeiting money.

====================

Pimping underage kids on Farcebook! Only reason they do such stupid things is because the cops are, at best lazy, and mostly inept.

The perp looks more like 36 than 16 too.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

"....police chief Sanit Mahathavorn was on hand yesterday."

Good thing the Big Chief is on hand to personally take charge of sex and vice matters where underage victims are concerned. Probably just there to make sure other RTP or high up government officials are protected from exposure as customers of the girl.

Edited by Cadbury

'The money - that had previously been photocopied - and a mobile phone were taken into evidence'

Every time they report on a prostitution sting they have to inform us that they photocopied the money beforehand. What if they don't photocopy the money? Does the police station or person who loaned the money for the sting not get it back? Does it mean the case can be thrown out because it looks as if the police were really trying to solicit sex?

I know why they do it - it's protocol. I just don't know why it has to be stated in the newspaper report. 

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

'The money - that had previously been photocopied - and a mobile phone were taken into evidence'

Every time they report on a prostitution sting they have to inform us that they photocopied the money beforehand. What if they don't photocopy the money? Does the police station or person who loaned the money for the sting not get it back? Does it mean the case can be thrown out because it looks as if the police were really trying to solicit sex?

I know why they do it - it's protocol. I just don't know why it has to be stated in the newspaper report. 

They just HAVE TO point.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

photo looks like an ad for the Thai version of Miami Vice.

is that Sunny Crockett on the right?

sorry to make light of a serious crime.

Definitely serious - 3000 is daylight robbery.

Was this Thai prostitution for Thai customers, or police only?

If it's for police I'm starting to understand why they need to stop so many bikes for 100 each.

6 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I'm surprised they didn't arrest themselves for counterfeiting money.

====================

Pimping underage kids on Farcebook! Only reason they do such stupid things is because the cops are, at best lazy, and mostly inept.

The perp looks more like 36 than 16 too.

I think the only reason the girl(s) do it is for the money.

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

I've never tried it ( honest guv'nor) but I would be very surprised if paying a prostitute with photocopied money worked...

Come on you understand the idea... your not dumb.

Copy the money with numbers to prove you had it before.. if the suspect has got the same money (looking at the numbers) then its proof that money has changed hands.

Edited by robblok

22 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Definitely serious - 3000 is daylight robbery.

Was this Thai prostitution for Thai customers, or police only?

If it's for police I'm starting to understand why they need to stop so many bikes for 100 each.

Try giving them 100 in bkk, they want 200 now or 400 with receipt at the station thesedays...inflation bites! :smile: 

8 minutes ago, JAG said:

I've never tried it ( honest guv'nor) but I would be very surprised if paying a prostitute with photocopied money worked...

It's worth a shot (pun intended).

Edited by jaywalker

10 minutes ago, JAG said:

1998 or so I was working in Abu Dhabi & had a friend working in Egypt.

I'd just purchased my first scanner. They were illegal in Egypt because they were worried about counterfeiting.

Lol yes, usually I don't stop but my wife told me to stop for them once. I did not hand over my license, but they did ask for 400... Roadside desk (trumped up charge of illegally driving on the right looking for a U-turn) I refuse to pay, after two minutes I was waved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Come on you understand the idea... your not dumb.

Copy the money with numbers to prove you had it before.. if the suspect has got the same money (looking at the numbers) then its proof that money has changed hands.

Umh, it was a joke...

1 hour ago, ben2talk said:

Lol yes, usually I don't stop but my wife told me to stop for them once. I did not hand over my license, but they did ask for 400... Roadside desk (trumped up charge of illegally driving on the right looking for a U-turn) I refuse to pay, after two minutes I was waved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That  keep left law is ridiculous but it is on the books 

I have been harassed for it in the past but it's unsafe to ride in the slowest lane at my speeds anyway so I'll put up with the occasional fine