MFA Certification

Hi All

Been scrolling through the threads concerning the MFA

So far found out it will cost 1800 bht p/doc for the Green Stamp & Sticker - In which my local Teseban want X 2 (not photo copies )

Some people say you have to go to embassy personally (may depend on embassy) 

Some say can EMS (I will use a local Lawer if so rather then travelling to BBK )

* Then there was the one that sound reasonable - That the embassy wont certify a thai translation of your english document 

Will be dealing with Aussie Embassy

So what are others exp on this

Thanks All 

Any time i have needed certified copies of translation from MFA i have used an agent to do this for me. I have never paid more than 2k bhat (yes i know 200bht according to there web site but factor in the cost of air fare to bangkok is why i use an agent). They translate and send them to MFA for certification. Always had them back within a week. Why would your office want two origionals? Surley if they saw one they could just copy it and you can sign it as a true copy?

Unless of course its for two completley diffrent things within the office.

Edited by jeab1980

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Any time i have needed certified copies of translation from MFA i have used an agent to do this for me. I have never paid more than 2k bhat. They translate and send them to MFA for certification. Always had them back within a week. Why would your office want two origionals? Surley if they saw one they could just copy it and you can sign it as a true copy?

Unless of course its for two completley diffrent things within the office.

It's 2 different copies - Passport & Berth Cert & they want the original MFA for a Yellow book (Tesebaan showed me an example of another application from Vietnam )

So thats good an agent will do 

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Who is telling you it will cost 1800 baht for the MFA to certify the translation. The fee is 200 baht per document for normal service and 400 baht for express service. See here for info. http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/images/text_editor/images/Chart EN.png

I don't think any embassy will certify a translation.

I picked it up of another thread that had a link to the Auss embasssy (i may have read it wrong ) - will look at your link now

Thanks Joe that makes more sense because to me how the hell could an english orientated Embassy certify a Thai doc

Edited by BEVUP

In regard to translation and MFA certification of passport and birth certificate for yellow tabian bahn:
I had the same runaround on applying for my yellow book.
My passport ( uk ) had to be certified at British embassy before being translated and the translation certified at MFA, they would not proceed without.
The MFA told me that a birth certificate certified translation was not required for yellow house book, a quick call to Amphoe confirmed this , and a regular translation was done ( I.e. no Embassy or MFA certification )

My Amphur just accepted a locally done translation. What they were looking for was Thai translations of my name plus parents names so important to make sure they use correct ones if already done - if they give a different translation for your name on birth certificate than appears on any other official document such as Thai Marriage Cert you will have problems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In regard to translation and MFA certification of passport and birth certificate for yellow tabian bahn:
I had the same runaround on applying for my yellow book.
My passport ( uk ) had to be certified at British embassy before being translated and the translation certified at MFA, they would not proceed without.
The MFA told me that a birth certificate certified translation was not required for yellow house book, a quick call to Amphoe confirmed this , and a regular translation was done ( I.e. no Embassy or MFA certification )

Now I see Andrew

So this is why they wanted me to go to embassy, then get translated with the MFA stamp & I bet I cannot use an agent to send to Embassy 

PS : By the way just got my CoR from Immi - in/out  same day 15 min & 500 bht - Let,s see if Toyota will like that

Where are you based [mention=167424]BEVUP[/mention]?

If its a way from Bangkok is it worth the hassle?.if you can get a cor same day thats all yellow book is good for.

Yes I'm thinking the same, after I did all my translations and certifications the headman at Amphur told me to come back in 2 weeks and he " will see what he could do for me " !.

I nearly told him to stick it where the sun don't shine !!

Now I see Andrew
So this is why they wanted me to go to embassy, then get translated with the MFA stamp & I bet I cannot use an agent to send to Embassy 
PS : By the way just got my CoR from Immi - in/out  same day 15 min & 500 bht - Let,s see if Toyota will like that

If you only want to buy a car or get your Thai driving license then the COR is all you need, worked for me.

Yes i'm I have been thinking & I am based in Korat not far from BBK but it's just the drama for one & as a lot of posters have stated there has been no real need for one

Yes i now have the CoF & apparently wife rang Toyota & i think all shall be ok ( pending )

Well yes I think i only need it for the car & license

At this point I would like to thank all for the valuable inf as I'm sure we don't know all upon first arrival & learn all the little tricks as we go along& how amazingly (get it Thailand 555 ) it can differ throughout the country

Will keep you informed as to my new purchase with the CoR goes (to keep the gubby family away ) & hope I don't have to drive away in MY car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

And pay 1150 baht !

If hes around bkk why not. Whilst i agree just for what he needs it for now (yellow book) its not worth going all the way there. But if he's there he might as well as i said yellow book is good for cert of residance. In the long run he will save money and time.

If hes around bkk why not. Whilst i agree just for what he needs it for now (yellow book) its not worth going all the way there. But if he's there he might as well as i said yellow book is good for cert of residance. In the long run he will save money and time.

I agree with you !
I went to British embassy as I'm about an hours drive from there and then the MFA is about half way home so it was easy for me.
I'm bitter about the headman at my Amphur trying to show his authority in front of me and the gf by basically telling me to go away and come back in 2 weeks and he will " see what he can do ! "
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I agree with you !
I went to British embassy as I'm about an hours drive from there and then the MFA is about half way home so it was easy for me.
I'm bitter about the headman at my Amphur trying to show his authority in front of me and the gf by basically telling me to go away and come back in 2 weeks and he will " see what he can do ! "

I can understand where your coming from.

• Like 1