Russian woman dies after leap from Patong hotel rooftop as daughter, 10, stays in room

webfact

Russian woman dies after leap from Patong hotel rooftop as daughter, 10, stays in room

The Phuket News

1500442995_1-org.jpg

The Russian woman was rushed to hospital after leaping from the rooftop terrace at her hotel in Patong, Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: -- A Russian woman has died after leaping six floors from the rooftop pool terrace at a hotel in Patong early this morning (July 19) while her 10-year-old daughter stayed in their room.

Police were called to the hotel, on Prachanukroh Rd, at 2am.

Officers led by Lt Col Jongserm Preecha found the woman on the ground in front of the hotel with serious injuries.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-woman-dies-after-leap-from-patong-hotel-rooftop-as-daughter-10-stays-in-room-63093.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-19

What the hell is with all the foreign"balcony divers" in Thailand?  Is there a single week that goes by without reading about one?  Yes, some may be questionable, but even if you take those out, this has to be the suicide capital of the world for this sort of thing. 

56 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

What the hell is with all the foreign"balcony divers" in Thailand?  Is there a single week that goes by without reading about one?  Yes, some may be questionable, but even if you take those out, this has to be the suicide capital of the world for this sort of thing. 

Where was her husband and what was he doing? That's the common reason for a foreigner wife to do what she did...

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Where was her husband and what was he doing? That's the common reason for a foreigner wife to do what she did...

It wouldn't matter what my husband was doing it would never be a reason for leaving my 10 year old child like that.

I wonder if we'll ever know the  truth of all this.

Terrible, my heart goes out to the little girl.

i'm not denying foul play takes place in thailand

but i've noticed the balcony rails are very low in thailand hotels

all you have to be is a bit drunk and any westerner could trip and go over the thigh high blaconys

maybe the balcony rails are built with 4.11 thai lady chamber maids in mind

Hard to believe a mother would leave her kid behind in such a way, no matter how desperate a mother is, she will usually die for her child, and not in this way.

Has to be more to the story, as someone said, where was the husband, did she fall over the balustrade, or was she thrown over while the child was sleeping ?

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Maybe Thailand should build hotels without balconies? Just a thought....

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Not really....it's happening worldwide.

When people lose it all, with little hope, they lose it!

The world economy is a mess; the financial/political news is bleak and I see similar tragedies accelerating on planet earth.

10 hours ago, trogers said:

From the link:
We have been told that she had been having many serious arguments on the phone with her partner"

12 hours ago, pumpjack said:

very sad...... god bless the child. 

"god bless the child."? Are you kidding?

IF there was an almighty, all-seeing, all-knowing god in control of our fate - then he/she would have the be a total despicable dick to allow something like this to happen.

22 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I was just thinking that.

22 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

IMO most counties don't release so much info on this sort of thing.

Another very valid point is that if this very forum [which has a far flung reader base, didn't make a point of showing every single suicide as a "News " item many of us would not get to hear of these tragedies.

23 hours ago, trogers said:

Where was her husband and what was he doing?

Might add "What husband?"

“We have been told that she had been having many serious arguments on the phone with her partner,"
So little known about about the woman's connections and problems.

18 hours ago, Kabula said:

Not really....it's happening worldwide.

When people lose it all, with little hope, they lose it!

The world economy is a mess; the financial/political news is bleak and I see similar tragedies accelerating on planet earth.

yeah!!!!!!

All I can think of is the pain of the child and the pain the mom felt to jump. Life can be cruel and I have been fortunate in life and should be more thankful.  I hope the child gets adopted by a good human and someday forgives her mom for being ill and sucidal. Peace 

I have known more than 10 friends that have committed suicide. Does not matter if poor or rich or young or old or popular or friendless. Depression is hell. At first I was angry then confused and sad. A song comes to mind ---" the more I live, the less I know, so I just let it go". Foo Fighters. Kurt Coban and now lead singer for Linkin Park and this Russian mother. Whoever God is help us understand the gift of life and the pain of life and how we affect others. Peace love and health 

As many have already probably surmised, suicides like this can expose the dark side of love.

When a woman commits herself to love only one man in her life it can have tragic results when

the man not  only rejects her but adds insult to injury by using derogatory language towards her.

Where children are the result of her love then it makes the rejection twice as painful.

This can leave a woman feeling worthless and without hope. 

The same can be said when a man loves a woman deeply and he gets rejected.

No culture is without the powerful weapon of language that can hurt as well as heal.

One should always avoid strong  derogatory language towards others.

The simple rule should always apply - "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all"

RIP to the poor lady and we hope her daughter is in good hands.

Edited by xerostar

It may have happened exactly as the police theorize.

But I hope they at least do an investigation, including blood tests to see if there were any substances -taken deliberately or inadvertently- that may have dimmed her senses.  

Along with checking CCTV and witnesses to see if she was, in fact, alone on the roof.

Granted, declaring a suicide does make things a lot easier on the BIB and the image of tourism...