Video: Death Wish 2017 - zig-zagging nutters using Bangkok expressway as a racetrack come unstuck

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DinoSabanovic said:

Not an accident but shows how dangerous Thai roads are.

i trust by reckless driving you mean the ass hat in the car sitting right in the middle of both lanes, happily straddling the white line?

52 minutes ago, Mr Freeze said:

I cant believe how unfazed the driver was who filmed this "inevitable " either . Had it been me l would have stopped and checked to see if either of the drivers of the black cars where still alive . If they were id have beaten the last breath out off them . 

I don't understand how anyone can be so relaxed, when some half wit has put your life , and possibly your familys on the line . Its no different from walking up to a stranger with a revolver , with three bullets in it , pointing it to his head , spinning the chamber and  pulling the trigger . 

When will  these people realize , its not PS4 their playing ! 

because some people have the sense to realize that there is no point in getting worked up about something they cant control,and i see no indication of family in the car.

As for no reaction or evasive action,  the driver clearly punches the gas as the black car is coming at him in hopes of getting past without contact.

furthermore, given the music playing, we can safely assume that the guy driving was about as chill as a human being can possibly be. 

6 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm not trained at that level of first aid or vehicle extraction and I have heard too many horror stories around the world of innocent people getting blamed just for being there.  Mostly before dash cams, but why risk having one of the idiots pointing at me and claiming the rich foreigner cut him off and caused the whole accident?  Then it's all down to who has better connections. 

When I first started working in BKK, the long stay guys I worked with (and company HR, who were locals) all warned against stopping at crashes to render aid.  I can't say that I would be able to just drive on by- I haven't found myself in that situation here.  But I would if I was smart.

Edit:  That doesn't even address the risk of getting killed myself, sitting stationary on a 120 Km/Hr expressway with most drivers still trying to get past at speed.

Unlike many other countries, Thailand has no "Good Samaritan"-law.  This means that yes, if you are helping, but you are not qualified, you can take the blame for injuries or even worse, if the victim dies, even later.

I am a qualified Emergency First Responder Instructor.  BUT I am not a doctor.  So very sad to say, but I will never render assistance at the scene of an accident.  It is like you said, if they start pointing to the foreigner... just too dangerous.

High time this country starts to implement this law, other people could help, always better than nothing.

Idiot reporters can't even get it right WITH VIDEO -

"But the driving skills were hardly Lewis Hamilton. One of the cars got two close and clipped the back of the other before overturning."

Two <deleted> racing, <deleted> 1 made it through a tight gap but <deleted> 2 whacked in the arse of some innocent driver poodling along minding their own business.

2 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

Idiots should not be given machine guns.  Same with cars.

Nothing special going on here except the seven bus convoy all tailgating at speed at sec 23.

Chinese thrill seekers?

Very common to see those hogging the fast lane.. TIT style!

7 hours ago, gedster said:

The driver filming the video was very calm and unfazed of what he just witnessed. He didn't make a sound or take evasive action. Probably seen this too often on the road. 

I do however wonder why it is that people that witnessed an accident like this, do not stop and render assistance in the case of injured drivers or passengers.

He couldn't, he was asleep.

The driver filming the video was very calm and unfazed of what he just witnessed. He didn't make a sound or take evasive action. Probably seen this too often on the road. 

I do however wonder why it is that people that witnessed an accident like this, do not stop and render assistance in the case of injured drivers or passengers.

, , , , because if you do stop, you can easily end up getting blamed for something

Its a girl driving and yes she could care less as this happens 10 times a day.

I would never stop here in thailand unless i caused the accident. Here you might get killed rendering assistance. The innocent driver if a frang was probobly blamed for the accident. Before this dash cam came to evidence Hopefully there is one less idiot out there.

In hawaii if youre are street racing over 90 miles per hour youre car is sent to the crushers,thats it no car.cant drive .

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

because some people have the sense to realize that there is no point in getting worked up about something they cant control,and i see no indication of family in the car.

As for no reaction or evasive action,  the driver clearly punches the gas as the black car is coming at him in hopes of getting past without contact.

furthermore, given the music playing, we can safely assume that the guy driving was about as chill as a human being can possibly be. 

So no problem for  anybody sticking a gun to your head ? 

4 minutes ago, Mr Freeze said:

So no problem for  anybody sticking a gun to your head ? 

yes Mr Freeze, because that is what we are talking about here, right?

it would be foolish to respond in context, wouldn't it?

9 hours ago, gedster said:

You are presuming of course that if they stopped to render assistance they would actually know what to do?

As in had some sort of first-aid training or medical knowledge.

Best thing they can do is call the emergency services & keep moving along so as not to block the road!

9 hours ago, vogie said:

In all fairness, he did have his 4 way flashers going to warn other drivers he was driving like an idiot, so not his fault?

..nice of Mr. Dashcam to stop and render assistance.

alternatively you can now as I have done come to the Uk for a  few weeks to see family and get the over enthusiastic UK  Police and  way over the top regulations....currently introducing speed  limit  of  20mph thru most of   the town I live in a  town with 1  million inhabitants, crazy, never anything just right

10 hours ago, gedster said:

They figure they are just going to run anyway

7 hours ago, gr8fldanielle said:

I personally don't think I would post a video of myself witnessing an accident such as that one and not even stopping to help. Hey world, look at me, I only care about myself!!!  :passifier:

Who's should help this Idiot...I would do this same.

12 hours ago, gedster said:

Legal liability issues I guess. There's no way I would want to be first on the scene of a fatal crash, try in my totally incompetent but well-intentioned way  to render assistance  and have someone die in my arms before first aid arrived. You leave yourself wide open from all angles.

12 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Oh well, but why was there another 2 minutes of this guy driving along? I thought the racers were going to come back, or perhaps Godzilla walk into frame. 

Its the time he has his camera loop record set up.