BBCIPlayer

thaiflyer1

48 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Coming back to this thread after a while and surprised that it still works with PureVPN (78.129.177.126 in the configuration and then being redirected obviously).

Several VPNs on which iPlayer stopped working a few weeks ago are working again now, without any changes being made.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, balo said:

Just found out that Sky News has been blocked on Youtube Thailand. They are streaming live , but now you need to use a VPN to continue watching.  

Someone was faster:

On 8/16/2017 at 9:11 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Coming back to this thread after a while and surprised that it still works with PureVPN (78.129.177.126 in the configuration and then being redirected obviously).

I started having problems with Purevpn with the 2 i.p addresses i posted.......i was getting constantly disconnected,say every 45mins......i could reconnect easy enough but it was becoming a pain.

Switched to Astrill on the 21st of this month.......6 months $40............working fine at the moment......see how it goes

5 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I started having problems with Purevpn with the 2 i.p addresses i posted.......i was getting constantly disconnected,say every 45mins......i could reconnect easy enough but it was becoming a pain.

I did a short test this morning and my problem was that I needed multiple attempts to connect.

Some other UK addresses did not work for iPlayer.

11 hours ago, Chivas said:

Is anyone able to connect to ITV Hub now even with a paid VPN ??  (yes realise thread is bbc)

all 3 I had no longer will connect

Is there a way to test without signing up/having an account?

Is cost involved?

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is there a way to test without signing up/having an account?

Is cost involved?

Exactly thats the issue.......you get the same response virtually from all of them  "we cant guarantee that connections will work when geo something"

There is a paid for service called TVMucho which overrides the need for a vpn completely. You can subscribe free of charge and they give you an hour a day to watch either live or catch up tv as a taster

I subscribed and initially thought it was crap as was constantly buffering using firefox. Switched to Chrome and works perfectly. Yearly subscription is 48 euro so around £43 currently.....once I come out for my winter trips will subscribe to a year

16 hours ago, Chivas said:

Is anyone able to connect to ITV Hub now even with a paid VPN ?? 

Just watched the Europa league Everton game last night and no issues at all . Actually ITV is more stable for me than BBC.  With stable I mean you don't have to restart the browser or clear the cookies every time. 

My VPN is Astrill , they offer a free trial so just check it out for yourself. 

Just just did another attempt for BBC iPlayer with PureVPN (paid sub.) and a specific server adr. (78.129.177.126) that a member published.

It worked OK.

I only did a 2 minute run.

One member wrote that it would frequently disconnected and had to be reconnected.

Zapping through some iTV channels also looks mainly good, one short buffering. Picture quality "acceptable" not HD like.

On 8/26/2017 at 3:05 PM, balo said:

Just watched the Europa league Everton game last night and no issues at all . Actually ITV is more stable for me than BBC.  With stable I mean you don't have to restart the browser or clear the cookies every time. 

My VPN is Astrill , they offer a free trial so just check it out for yourself. 

I moved over to Astrill from purevpn a week or so ago.......had tried it out on the free trial first..........now on the 6 month package........so far so good.......

Archived