BBCIPlayer

thaiflyer1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I entered the first IP address to my PC version of PureVPN and could successfully start some series episode ("Top of the lake, 1:1).

First IP didn't work for me, second did. Note this is using my Ivacy credentials :smile:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

mikeys bbc iplayer add-on 0.3.7 won't work….waiting for an update.

Yes, its only partially working now. One can still run VOD using "By Channel" selection. A bit ponderous but I prefer it to using a VPN. Hopefully someone at NAN will fix it proper soon.

hi I had problems watching f1 british gp 2 weeks ago on channel 4 although I could watch other programs. my vpn provider suggested that some sites would detect the chrome brouser as being a thi version so they denied me

Just now, derekwyoung said:

hi I had problems watching f1 british gp 2 weeks ago on channel 4 although I could watch other programs. my vpn provider suggested that some sites would detect the chrome brouser as being a thi version so they denied me

Ch4 can (sometimes) detect your computer's timezone setting, I can't get live TV to work without setting to UK timezone. Catch-up works just fine, so I only need to change things to watch the F1.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:45 AM, KittenKong said:

Or stupid. It's a mystery to me why they go to so much trouble. All they are required to do is not supply their content to IP addresses outside the UK pool, not to check individual addresses.

It is particularly stupid in that all their content is available without verification across much of Europe to anyone with a satellite dish and receiver.

It is even more stupid to know there is a worldwide demand for their output but they have no means of selling it. The only people who 'sell' it are dubious internet TV services. That is exactly what happened with the music business and Napster a decade and more ago. Then, the music business caught up and supplied the product legally. Maybe eventually the BBC and others will catch up too.

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I don't think Mikey will update it again, since he died in a car crash

i know that ownership of the add-on has passed to nan….didnt know mikey died…..he used to get pissed when people called him micky

26 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Be a bit cautious about the fact that you are using VPN's.  Copying the Chinese like they do, the powers that be here might not like it.  China is making them illegal from next year..  A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.

Since years already you need a vpn in China to access common websites like Google, Facebook or Youtube, but since  early this year there is a ban on foreign vpn's.

Only authorized vpn's, read government controlled, are allowed until April 2018, and it would be no surprise if they even strengthen those rules after that date.

But China is not the only country that restricts vpn's. There are a lot of countries in this region that block access to sites like Facebook, even Vietnam.

I would not be surprised if Thailand will follow China.

On 21/07/2017 at 4:12 PM, KittenKong said:

The BBC seem to have blacklisted some VPN nodes as of today. Mine is broken also. Hopefully the VPN provider will fix it fairly quickly.

I often find I have to try a few different VPN servers with my IPVanish. Some they think are in Birmingham show up as Antwerp in Yahoo!!

Surprised one can just plug in any old Postcode... that hardly seems better security....easy to come up with those. I will tell them I am watching from SL4 1NJ, 'The Castle' if they ask more.

11 hours ago, paulbj2 said:

I am connected through LeVPN and it's now working fine BUT I have changed the time-zone on my machine to "London". I think this may have something to do with it.

It still works for me with PureVPN with the first address from post #27.

And I have never touched any other settings on my PC.

Program times are shown in Thai local time.

ive never had any problem watching iplayer, i do have an address in uk that  has a tv licences that i use to sign in vpn compleats  the process, and my problem seems to lie with channel 4, and I now have a couple of things to try next time

I have had a problem getting BBC Iplayer for some time, just a bit hit and miss. If you read the BBC FAQ's they acknowledge that using a vpn in the UK can be problematic.

Location can also be a problem. I was going to put the BBC Iplayer on my phone but I could not find it on the Play Store so I switched off the location and it became available.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived