Nai Harn Beach – one of the best in Asia?

rooster59

Nai Harn Beach – one of the best in Asia?

950f295b285201428ebc92d2079a712c.jpeg

Photo by TripAdvisor contributor Ollie O

Let’s have a look at what TripAdvisor’s reviewers think of top-ranked Nai Harn Beach in Phuket.

Phuket’s Nai Harn Beach recently ranked fourth in the 2017 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Top 25 Beaches in Asia. Situated on the southern end of the island, the beach is a stone’s throw from Phuket’s famed sunset viewing point - Promthep Cape. It’s considered a peaceful beach by Phuket standards, with no jet skis, para sailing, etc., but it is still pet friendly. So what did TripAdvisor’s reviewers think of the beach? Top issues included beach chairs/mats/loungers, local food and trash on the beach, but the overall consensus is that it is truly one of the most beautiful beaches around.

Sarah R. from Brisbane, Australia commended the beauty of the beach but wasn’t so enthusiastic about the beach chairs.

“We caught a taxi from Karon to Nai Harn for a few hours on the beach before sunset at Promthep Cape. Four beach chairs cost 500 baht, and we only used them for an hour before a storm hit. Still, it’s a beautiful beach.”

foodiethai described the beach simply as “beautiful”.

“We always love Nai Harn Beach. If you are on holiday on Phuket, Nai Harn Beach is well worth a visit. The restaurants are nothing to talk about, you need to head over to Rawai for your food fix but Nai Harn is the place for beach life.”

Troysai from Guam described the beach as “one of his favourites”.

“I really love this beach. You need to be careful here with the currents and waves on large surf days. There are some nice cozy Thai restaurants on the beach as well. Enjoy a cold beer and some tasty food here.”

But nandovp wasn’t quite so enthusiastic, saying it “looks good from afar”.

“This beach is beautiful for pictures but not for swimming or walking in the sand. I think this is common in Phuket but still doesn’t justify how dirty the beach and ocean are. Every stroke you take or step you take there is a bag, container, or bottle of some sort.”

But the majority of the reviews from this website were overwhelmingly positive. We give Abdullah A the last word on Phuket’s Nai Harn Beach. “World Class Beach,” he said, “... and I am from Antigua, West Indies. Trust me when I say I am hard to impress when it comes to beaches - but this one is World Class for sure!”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Travel_log/30320731

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-22

Trip Adviser....believe half of what you read....reminds me of a certain Hard Rock Cafe in Thailand...that had their own staff write glowing reviews on Trip Adviser including posting photos of the meals available which were twice the size of what was actually delivered to your table when ordered.

41 minutes ago, KIWIBATCH said:

Trip Adviser....believe half of what you read....reminds me of a certain Hard Rock Cafe in Thailand...that had their own staff write glowing reviews on Trip Adviser including posting photos of the meals available which were twice the size of what was actually delivered to your table when ordered.

Yeah but why on earth would anyone very visit a Hard Rock Cafe? It is so Disneyland, so Knotts Berry Farm. So corny, contrived, and fake. And the prices are what you would pay in NY or Ibiza. So, why visit to begin with?

There are some very lovely beaches in the less traveled areas of Phuket. I like the beaches up in the NW part of the island, north of the airport. What about Koh Lanta, or areas south of there in Satun? Never been. Just wondering. Forget the Gulf. There are some nice beaches between Som Roy Yot, south of Pranburi, and Ban Saphan. And there are some nice beaches on Phangan. But not world class. Just nice. Forget Samui or Dark Tao. Or anything in the vicinity of Pattaya. 

Edited by spidermike007

Old old old photo of Nai Harn..... if you are going to print a photo to showcase a place or location then at least use a recent photo.... I've lived 5 minutes from Nai Harn now for the past 6 years!! 

But in any case it sure does look better than Pictures recently of PATTAYA BEACHES with debris washing upon the beach from all the raw sewerage overflow that flows directly into the bay via pipelines and other means....

16 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Trip Adviser allows  fake reviews and sells promotional space. It is not a disinterested source of information. it exists to sell  travel services, period.

True. If you look at some of the websites like fiverr of fivesquid they have people offering to write a bunch of reviews for a small fee. I've also seen people requesting such services on freelancer.com. 

Tripadvisor claim to care but as one of the most successful affiliate marketing companies in existence I doubt they are that bothered in reality.

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, pattayadgw said:

Old old old photo of Nai Harn..... if you are going to print a photo to showcase a place or location then at least use a recent photo.... I've lived 5 minutes from Nai Harn now for the past 6 years!! 

post of photo of what it looks like now...it was crap in 2012