Livestock official transferred after a donated buffalo went missing

rooster59

Livestock official transferred after a donated buffalo went missing

boonrod.jpg

A livestock official of Khao Kho district was, on Friday (July 21), ordered transferred to Phetchabun provincial livestock office pending an investigation into the disappearance of a buffalo under the Buffalo Bank programme.

The transfer of Somparn Chittanan, chief of Khao Kho livestocks office, at the order of Kraisorn Kongchalard, Phetchabun deputy governor followed a complaint lodged with the provincial Damrongtham Centre by Rapeepak Taratornpitak who bought the buffalo, named “Boonrod”, from a merchant to spare it from being sent to a slaughter’s house and donated to the Buffalo Bank programme in Phetchabun province.

Boonrod the buffalo was later given to farmer Worapol Kaewdang, a member of the Buffalo Bank programme, to be used in his rice farm under a condition that the animal cannot be sold but kept with him for farming purpose.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/livestock-official-transferred-donated-buffalo-went-missing/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-23

10 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

A livestock official of Khao Kho district was, on Friday (July 21), ordered transferred to Phetchabun provincial livestock office pending an investigation into the disappearance of a buffalo under the Buffalo Bank programme.

Buffalo Bank????

Now where did he get off to? I left him RIGHT HERE, & just turned my back for a minute.

Edited by jaywalker

Pattaya jewelry & bag snatches are one thing, but how does one snatch a buffalo?

How does one get change at the Buffalo Bank? Do you get horns & hooves?

Edited by jaywalker

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Maybe the buffalo has been taken to ,show a farang, look buffalo not sick anymore.

Money you sent make him better.:cheesy:

Mr Worapol, the farmer, claimed that he sold Boonrod to a merchant after finding that the buffalo was in poor health

If I rearrange the headline, it actually makes very much sense. If the offcial was the buffalo, and he has been donated/went somewhere else, obviously he'd go missing from the place he was before, hurr durr.

On a side note, do buffalos actually recognize they have been given a name like dogs do?

Not sure why the civil servant is in the gun.  It was the farmer who sold her on illegally, in complete contravention of the gift conditions.  If he thought she was in poor condition he should have not accepted her or immediately contacted the "buffalo bank" people with his complaint/thoughts.   If they think the civil servant was a party to the illegal sale they should clearly say that in the news item.  I read both versions.

36 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Not sure why the civil servant is in the gun.  It was the farmer who sold her on illegally, in complete contravention of the gift conditions.  If he thought she was in poor condition he should have not accepted her or immediately contacted the "buffalo bank" people with his complaint/thoughts.   If they think the civil servant was a party to the illegal sale they should clearly say that in the news item.  I read both versions.

yeah the whole thing stinks; yet, having lived and mixed in a farming community for years, i can tell you there isnt a whole lot going on in between the ears on some of them

4 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

McDonald's is as good a place as any to begin.

So THAT"S why MD burgers taste like buffalo!

Old story (VERY FUNNY) told to me by a US Army (Ret.) Bird Colonel about hauling a buffalo around. 1964 or so he was a young 2nd lieutenant with MACV in Vietnam.

They sent him and a driver to take a water buffalo from village A to village B.

Big 2.5 ton truck & they thought it was a US Army water buffalo, which is a 500 gallon potable water trailer.

Nope. This one had a ring in his nose.

They managed to get the truck backed up to a hill, (the bed of a deuce is 5 feet off the ground). They got the monster in there, but it only had sideboard about 2 feet tall & no tarp on it....This animal is going to nuts when they take off.

Got on the radio & village B was just going to eat it.

Lt, Pufahl whipped out his .38 revolver & shot it between the eyes. Buffalo just looked at him like he was stupid.

He shot a couple more time to no avail when some Marines came by with rifles & he asked one to shoot the buffalo for him.

Marine popped him in the ear & he was dead as a hammer, but rolled over to the left and fell out of the truck.

9 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Pattaya jewelry & bag snatches are one thing, but how does one snatch a buffalo?

How does one get change at the Buffalo Bank? Do you get horns & hooves?

Brilliant, I'd forgotten about this sketch...  

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

yeah the whole thing stinks; yet, having lived and mixed in a farming community for years, i can tell you there isnt a whole lot going on in between the ears on some of them

Yes he may well have accepted it as a freebie with the sole intention of passing her on to a bone yard somewhere.  Reading the fine print would not be a strong point with many of them.  I live on a farm here and some of the folk around here..... Shall we say, know the value of a baht.  If you offer something for free & it would be yes first, details later.......