• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

2. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

3. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

4. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

5. 563

White Culture

6. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

7. 86

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

8. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

9. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

10. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 125

Trump chickens out again.

13. 68

14. 68

Trump's son-in-law faces Capitol Hill grilling over Russia contacts

webfact

Trump's son-in-law faces Capitol Hill grilling over Russia contacts

By Andy Sullivan

tag-reuters-1.jpg

White House senior adviser Jared Kushner joins U.S. President Donald Trump for an event highlighting emerging technologies, in the East Room at the White House in Washington, U.S., June 22, 2017. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst/Files

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, faces two days of closed-door questioning from Congress this week as lawmakers try to determine whether Trump's campaign enlisted Russia's help to win the White House in last year's election.

Kushner, a senior White House adviser, is expected to face questions about his contacts with Russian citizens and officials when he testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Monday and the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee on Tuesday.

Trump has been dogged by allegations that his campaign aides worked with Russia, which U.S. intelligence agencies have accused of interfering in last year's election. The issue has dominated Washington and divided his White House, distracting from his efforts to overhaul healthcare, restructure the tax code and rebuild the nation's crumbling infrastructure.

Moscow has denied any interference, and Trump says his campaign did not collude with Russia.

Trump's son Donald Trump Jr. released emails earlier this month that showed he appeared to welcome the prospect of damaging information from the Russian government about Trump's Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

Members of both committees say they are eager to hear about the June 2016 meeting involving Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya. Trump's son, Kushner and former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort all participated in the meeting.

NEGOTIATIONS OVER TESTIMONY

Another congressional panel, the Senate Judiciary Committee, is negotiating with Manafort and Trump Jr. about testifying in a public hearing.

Kushner will also face questions about reports he tried to set up a secret back channel to Moscow, as well as other contacts with top Russian officials and business leaders during the presidential campaign and the transition period before he took office.

"We have a lot of ground to cover," Representative Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said on CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday.

Kushner did not initially disclose any meetings with Russians on forms he filed to get a government security clearance. He has since revised those forms several times.

Trump says the investigations in Congress and the Justice Department are politically motivated.

"As the phony Russian Witch Hunt continues, two groups are laughing at this excuse for a lost election taking hold, Democrats and Russians!" the president wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

Schiff said the intelligence panel could ask Kushner to return for further testimony if it still has questions after Tuesday.

"We expect this is just going to be the first interview," Schiff said on Sunday.

(Reporting by Andy Sullivan; Editing by Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-07-24

What are the rumours that the Chairman, Senator Grassley who Kushner's new lawyer used to work for has allowed Kushner to testify but not under oath? Al Franken a member of the committee that will question Kushner knew nothing of this only yesterday.

I don't think he'll face v. tough questioning.  It will be like the Sessions session.  Half the questions, he'll say, "I don't recall.  I have many meetings, I can't remember all the people and details."  And, like Sessions, he'll probably take up a lot of time (committee member are only allotted a few minutes each), ....with drivel.  

30 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Clear case for Impeachment better the Vice President becomes number one.

Pence has an oilslick a mile long in his wake.  Several times he's claimed he didn't know basic things about people (like Flynn being a foreign agent) that even I knew, and I'm on the other side of the planet without access to top level briefings.  I just have access to reports from mainstream and left-wing media which is correct about 99% of the time.   

If the US wants a proven liar, with dozens of major lies in his portfolio, then they'll be content with Pence in high office.  

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

Pence has an oilslick a mile long in his wake.  Several times he's claimed he didn't know basic things about people (like Flynn being a foreign agent) that even I knew, and I'm on the other side of the planet without access to top level briefings.  I just have access to reports from mainstream and left-wing media which is correct about 99% of the time.   

If the US wants a proven liar, with dozens of major lies in his portfolio, then they'll be content with Pence in high office.  

To many lies and to many meetings with Russians.They keep adjusting their story or they resign.What an embarrassment!

Jared Kushner just threw Donald Trump Jr. under the bus. Bigly.

"Presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner is set to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee this morning, and what is striking about his extensive opening statement is the degree to which it seeks to insulate Kushner himself from any culpability or responsibility for the problematic known facts about the Russia affair — particularly the known facts that concern Donald Trump Jr."

"Kushner’s statement takes exceptional care to separate him, with scalpel-like precision, from the now-notorious meeting that Trump Jr. arranged with a Russian lawyer — a meeting that Trump Jr. had been informed would furnish the Trump campaign with information about Hillary Clinton supplied by the Russian government."

"Here is what Kushner’s statement says about the meeting (emphasis added) :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/07/24/jared-kushner-just-threw-donald-trump-jr-under-the-bus-bigly/?utm_term=.88348ebd8062

Whoa! 

The rats are eating each other. Bigly.

And we are only in the 3rd inning...

The Senior White House Advisor claims he didn't read "the long back and forth" of the email. Just what time to be there.

It's getting good.

Kushner, like all of the Trump clan, has spent his whole life in a bubble of privilege.   None have lived an even remotely ordinary life, with an ordinary job or ordinary consequences for their actions.   For all of them, the ends justify the means, and it's the lawyers' job to deal with any consequences.   

In gov't we generally look for people who are will to serve.   In this administration, there is a firm believe it is the country that exists to serve them.   

I am quite sure that none of them even remotely sees that there is anything wrong with what they have done, but they have never had to deal with the consequences of lying or have any idea of morals or ethics.   

1 hour ago, Credo said:

Kushner, like all of the Trump clan, has spent his whole life in a bubble of privilege.   None have lived an even remotely ordinary life, with an ordinary job or ordinary consequences for their actions.   For all of them, the ends justify the means, and it's the lawyers' job to deal with any consequences.   

In gov't we generally look for people who are will to serve.   In this administration, there is a firm believe it is the country that exists to serve them.   

I am quite sure that none of them even remotely sees that there is anything wrong with what they have done, but they have never had to deal with the consequences of lying or have any idea of morals or ethics.   

His father did time for federal crimes. Two year sentence with 14 months served.

3 minutes ago, pegman said:

His father did time for federal crimes. Two year sentence with 14 months served.

One of the crimes was framing/setting up his Brother in law because Kushner Senior wanted to 'get back' at his own sister. He set up the brother in law in a hotel with some hookers and got the whole thing taped. He then sent the photo's and video to his own Sister by way of revenge and to the Brother in laws mother. A very nasty piece of work. Why did Kushner junior have Chris Christie kicked out of the Trump team?.......Because Christie was the Prosecutor that jailed Kushner senior!

Kushner Jr is as sly and snappish a piece of work as his Father. Lock him up!

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

One of the crimes was framing/setting up his Brother in law because Kushner Senior wanted to 'get back' at his own sister. He set up the brother in law in a hotel with some hookers and got the whole thing taped. He then sent the photo's and video to his own Sister by way of revenge and to the Brother in laws mother. A very nasty piece of work. Why did Kushner junior have Chris Christie kicked out of the Trump team?.......Because Christie was the Prosecutor that jailed Kushner senior!

Kushner Jr is as sly and snappish a piece of work as his Father. Lock him up!

This is slightly off-topic, but I thought he was in jail for witness tampering.   I believe the Brother-in-law was going to testify against Kushner Sr.

21 minutes ago, Scott said:

This is slightly off-topic, but I thought he was in jail for witness tampering.   I believe the Brother-in-law was going to testify against Kushner Sr.

Yes that is part of it Scott and Kushner Senior tampered with the witness (all to do with hundreds of thousands claimed in expenses and donated under names for political purposes without the consent of those whose names he used) . Kushner Snr blackmailed the Brother in law and then sent the photo's and videos anyway as the real person he was trying to get at was his Sister - so he destroyed her marriage. But the whole thing does explain some of Kushner Juniors actions, such as doing whatever was needed to remove Christie from Trumps team of advisors. The sweet looking young man could well turn out to be more like his father, a wolf in sheep clothing.

5 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The sweet looking young man could well turn out to be more like his father, a wolf in sheep clothing.

From last year, TrumpWorld T.V.:

WAS DONALD TRUMP’S SON-IN-LAW THE EVIL GENIUS ALL ALONG?

Jared Kushner is reportedly responsible for building the digital operation that brought the G.O.P. to its knees,

and could give rise to a whole new Trump empire.

"Among the many curiosities surrounding the Trump campaign have been two central mysteries: who is really running the show,

and what do they plan to do with Donald Trump once it’s all over?"

"Both were answered by Bloomberg Businessweek on Thursday, in a wide-open look at the sprawling digital operation being built by key members of the Trump campaign and how they plan to leverage their massive voter database post-election day."

'And Jared Kushner, Trump’s reticent son-in-law, appears at the center of it all."

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10/jared-trump-trump-campaign