Xiaomi Android 7 update?

dddave

Looking at Gearbest, it appears that while the 4X has specs and processor same as the Redmi Note4, the prices are higher.

I have the Redmi Note 4 and am really happy with it.  The battery life is exceptional.  I am a moderate user (no gaming) and never have less than 40% remaining after a full days use.

I haven't seen any buzz online regarding release of a Note 5.

I don't think the above post is entirely accurate. Xiaomi has released the list of devices scheduled to receive MIUI 9.  It is based on Nougat or Android 7, not Android 6.

Yes you are right, before the launch is was rumoured only the best will get Android 7, now it seems MIUI9 will run on Android 7 so all eligible phones will get it including my Redmi Pro
  • Like 1

I actually don't mind waiting at the back of the line for Android and MIUI updates.  They always have bugs when initially released and it really does take a while to work them out...usually just in time for the next version release.

• Like 1

I got a notice from Miui Forums on my Redmi Note-4 yesterday detailing the Miui-9 rollout.  I can't retrieve it now but it essentially said that M-9 would be rolled out first for the newest, current phones, including the Note 4X starting early August.  The rollout for all other Xiaomi phones, not currently in production, excepting very early models, will begin in late September. Must be Android "L" or higher

I do not mind waiting either after all when they put on MIUI 9 the you will probably not really see any differences between Android 6 and Android 7. I must admit having used Xiaomi phones for the last year I am impressed with them the Redmi Pro is a great phone for 8 k with dual camere 3gb Ram and 64 GB storage unlike similar brands like Oppo or Vivo and to top it off I have dropped it a few times albeit with a cover and screen protector on and its fine, and it is very very rare i run out of battery during the day only if i am on a visa run or travelling and have phone on all day does it run out. Will definatly keep purchasing these phones

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

I do not mind waiting either after all when they put on MIUI 9 the you will probably not really see any differences between Android 6 and Android 7

That's a really good point. I guess we are so conditioned from childhood to always look forward to the appearance of the latest models of things, like automobiles, that we forget that what's under the skin is often  same old, same old.

• 3 weeks later...

My Redmi Note 4X received the MIUI 8.5 update 2 days ago. Had to check the Updater app to see it was available. This updates to Android 7 or Nougat...

The Global roll-out of MIUI 9 is still on track for this month or next.

Edited by bobbin
  • Thanks 1

I do not mind waiting either after all when they put on MIUI 9 the you will probably not really see any differences between Android 6 and Android 7. I must admit having used Xiaomi phones for the last year I am impressed with them the Redmi Pro is a great phone for 8 k with dual camere 3gb Ram and 64 GB storage unlike similar brands like Oppo or Vivo and to top it off I have dropped it a few times albeit with a cover and screen protector on and its fine, and it is very very rare i run out of battery during the day only if i am on a visa run or travelling and have phone on all day does it run out. Will definatly keep purchasing these phones
I found the jump from Android 6 to 7 to be a quite noticeable improvement especially with regard to battery life. I'm sure Xiaomi users will too.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...