Would you like to be super rich?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

I'd likely upgrade to a bigger room with a real kitchen and maybe get a mattress topper for my back. Maybe even eat at Sizzler a couple times a week.. 555

i would stop collecting empty cans and switch from lao kao to single malt. a steak once a week would also be nice. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

I'd likely upgrade to a bigger room with a real kitchen and maybe get a mattress topper for my back. Maybe even eat at Sizzler a couple times a week.. 555

Ahh Sizzler I remember them well pre brexit.

3 minutes ago, Naam said:

i would stop collecting empty cans and switch from lao kao to single malt. a steak once a week would also be nice. :ph34r:

A new bit of corrugated iron for the roof would be nice, and I'd probably employ a rickshaw wallah to pedal my bike.  And as someone else mentioned, I'd pay someone to fish the beer cans out the Kwong for recycling.  I'd love to live it large as a super-rich

finally an honest answer dog.gif.54fccd54629265884a303e9677da50e7.gif

Honest for him ,but just think of the problems it can bring,i would hate to be super rich i have a lovely life .being able to fly 1st class and not worry about any money problems would be great but super rich with loads of homes etc really not on your life.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 28/07/2017 at 9:47 PM, CharlieH said:

Some people can "handle" money others cant and it can and has been proven to destroy lives.

There have been many lottery winners /Stars/celebrities who self destruct with wealth because they couldnt handle it.

For peeps out there who can't handle the money, please send me all our money as I'm taking donations. I'm willing to look after it with lots of love, just like anyone who looks after their own children.

18 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

For peeps out there who can't handle the money, please send me all our money as I'm taking donations. I'm willing to look after it with lots of love, just like anyone who looks after their own children.

ha ha, good one bb... it is this type of thing that makes being rich unpleasant for people - - somebody always thinks you should give your money to them... 

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

ha ha, good one bb... it is this type of thing that makes being rich unpleasant for people - - somebody always thinks you should give your money to them... 

I'd imagine these rich lads have 2-3 on the go what you reckon Ken?

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

Honest for him ,but just think of the problems it can bring,i would hate to be super rich i have a lovely life .being able to fly 1st class and not worry about any money problems would be great but super rich with loads of homes etc really not on your life.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I agree -- here is a recent study...

For the four-week study, participants were divided into two groups and given money weekly. One set of people was asked to spend funds on others and the second group promised to spend the money on themselves. Scientists then looked at brain scans and found that those who participated in selfless deeds activated the part of their brains that is linked to joy.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

I'd imagine these rich lads have 2-3 on the go what you reckon Ken?

if 2-3 on the go means ladies on the side, near anyone can accomplish that in the right/wrong places here - - however, if a super rich like Gates or Buffett were caught walking down the street in Pattaya, well, they couldn't, even a top basketball player like a Kobe can get suckered into a big money scam/scamdal.. so, I reckon that Joe Oil Worker does better on his 30 days off than most of the super rich... 

whaddaya think Rc? 

9 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

if 2-3 on the go means ladies on the side, near anyone can accomplish that in the right/wrong places here - - however, if a super rich like Gates or Buffett were caught walking down the street in Pattaya, well, they couldn't, even a top basketball player like a Kobe can get suckered into a big money scam/scamdal.. so, I reckon that Joe Oil Worker does better on his 30 days off than most of the super rich... 

whaddaya think Rc? 

Im sorry ken I've got you mixed up haven't I?  There is another Ken whose like 77 and he's got 3 on the go and  trying to fix up one of his flock with a new mate. 

My moms husbands a rigger and no offence riggers but the guys a complete muppet and yeah I am sure they do well but I did a similar shift system for a couple of years way back when and I felt completely alienated so I do feel for those guys on those shifts.  Having more than 1 has never appealed to me. Even having them crossover I guess that's the sign of a person who likes being alone a lot. I did once manage to sleep with 3 women in one day when I was 18. A Greek girl a black girl and an Asian but honestly it was not even planned I just had a lot on that day and it fell in my lap and I don't like to hurt any ones feelings

14 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

After the first $1 million the happiness curve start flatten out and it all down hill after $10 million.

http://factmyth.com/factoids/money-can-buy-happiness

Happiness.jpg

I'm willing to be ThaiVisa's first guinea pig to test out this theory. Someone please start me off with a $1mil donation then I'll let you all know if my happiness has increased or in fact started to flatten out as per that graph. Then someone send me just over $9mil then I'll let you know if it's down hill from there or if it's wrong and I'm in fact having a massive grin on my face :smile:

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

I'm willing to be ThaiVisa's first guinea pig to test out this theory. Someone please start me off with a $1mil donation then I'll let you all know if my happiness has increased or in fact started to flatten out as per that graph. Then someone send me just over $9mil then I'll let you know if it's down hill from there or if it's wrong and I'm in fact having a massive grin on my face :smile:

• Sudden wealth and accumulated wealth over time have different effects on happiness. Humans acclimate to situations quickly and this can make it hard to stay appreciative of large sudden changes in wealth.[9] Humans also respond to changes quickly, and this makes it easier to appreciate little changes.

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Im sorry ken I've got you mixed up haven't I?  There is another Ken whose like 77 and he's got 3 on the go and  trying to fix up one of his flock with a new mate. 

My moms husbands a rigger and no offence riggers but the guys a complete muppet and yeah I am sure they do well but I did a similar shift system for a couple of years way back when and I felt completely alienated so I do feel for those guys on those shifts.  Having more than 1 has never appealed to me. Even having them crossover I guess that's the sign of a person who likes being alone a lot. I did once manage to sleep with 3 women in one day when I was 18. A Greek girl a black girl and an Asian but honestly it was not even planned I just had a lot on that day and it fell in my lap and I don't like to hurt any ones feelings

Gee...I've had five women in three days in Bangkok. Don't need to be a rigger to do that. I'm an electrician!

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:
  • Sudden wealth and accumulated wealth over time have different effects on happiness. Humans acclimate to situations quickly and this can make it hard to stay appreciative of large sudden changes in wealth.[9] Humans also respond to changes quickly, and this makes it easier to appreciate little changes.

A non human scientist observed this presumably? 

3 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Gee...I've had five women in three days in Bangkok. Don't need to be a rigger to do that. I'm an electrician!

And yet you've gone through five in half a week and you still cannot get any sparks!

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

That's fine, because I'm not human. I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. There's no study been done yet on how wealth affect my species.

4 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

You better slow down bro, you might end up short circuiting :shock1:

37 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok let's play that game. One was your mum

39 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

One was your wife

Long ago in NYC, I saw 2 guys on the verge of a fight, jiving each other - one guy yelled out "You Mother f**ker!" And the other guy - answered, "What? Your mother told?" 

And Rc - no, not same ken...