Would you like to be super rich?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Plenty of rich monks backing up that theory

Ask yourself how much property the Roman Catholic Church has around the world, with a policy of celibacy in the priesthood.

7 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Ask yourself how much property the Roman Catholic Church has around the world, with a policy of celibacy in the priesthood.

Plenty to pay off a few unhinged choir boys that's for sure.

Yes, I would like to be super rich.

I would buy a nice lot of one or two square kilometers in Khao Yai, build my house in the middle of it, so it will be quiet, grow fruits, vegetable, trees and flowers, keep cats, a dog or two, some geese, a pair of pigs,

make a small artificial lake and have my own fish.

Then I'd spoil my wife a little bit by travelling in good old Europe, South Africa, Namibia and New Zealand.

Pay for her daughters university and give her niece a well paid job in my garden.

The money left I would donate to the army so they could afford an aircraft carrier to fight whom ?

1 hour ago, swissie said:

I have a humble suggestion: Employ some wild-eyed Bar-Ladies. Success guaranteed!

Cheers.

They probably would waste the money on things I ha no interest in, like buffaloes, or their children.  I doubt they could squander it fast enough, unless they gambled.

2 hours ago, maximillian said:

Yes, I would like to be super rich.

I would buy a nice lot of one or two square kilometers in Khao Yai, build my house in the middle of it, so it will be quiet, grow fruits, vegetable, trees and flowers, keep cats, a dog or two, some geese, a pair of pigs,

make a small artificial lake and have my own fish.

Then I'd spoil my wife a little bit by travelling in good old Europe, South Africa, Namibia and New Zealand.

Pay for her daughters university and give her niece a well paid job in my garden.

The money left I would donate to the army so they could afford an aircraft carrier to fight whom ?

No need to be super rich to reach your dreams, anyone who is working should be able to do it !

No matter how much money or how much power a person has, it's human nature to just want more.  There'll always be those with more, and always those with less.  'Nothing wrong with wanting to acquire, that's how we tick.   But the trick is to not be consumed by envy of the more fortunate, nor fail to be generous toward the less.  And I agree with those pointing out that great wealth seems to be more than some people can handle.  Hardly a day goes by we're not reminded that the "want" gene lies deeper in the DNA than the "can handle it" gene.

9 hours ago, bazza73 said:

It's actually very easy to become super rich. Just don't have sex with anyone - male or female. it doesn't matter.

Does that include stopping with Mrs. Palmer and her five daughters too?

9 hours ago, bazza73 said:

I'm about to start up my own religion similar to Scientology soon. The perks are too great to pass on. Have a bunch of suckers throwing money at my "church", get tax-free status so my "church" doesn't have to pay any tax ever, and purchase up quality real estate all around the world. The best business concept ever! Now I've just gotta think of a story suckers will believe in and name my God that they will all bow down to. Wonder if I can get Tom Cruise to switch over to my church....:smile:

Just now, bbi1 said:

I'm about to start up my own religion similar to Scientology soon. The perks are too great to pass on. Have a bunch of suckers throwing money at my "church", get tax-free status so my "church" doesn't have to pay any tax ever, and purchase up quality real estate all around the world. The best business concept ever! Now I've just gotta think of a story suckers will believe in and name my God that they will all bow down to. Wonder if I can get Tom Cruise to switch over to my church....:smile:

Just watched a Louis Theroux  documentary on Scientology. It might give you some pointers. He is always good. 

No, it would take too much time out of my busy day deciding what to spend or invest my fortune in. I much prefer to live comfortably on a budget to live within the means of my very adequate (for Thailand, not so adequate in Hawaii) pension.

I'd love to be super rich, man. Seriously, having the means to do anything, buy anything (a vacation on the ISS), go anywhere...would be too freaking cool. However, I would hate to be famous or well known. That's the tipping point for me. I love my anonymity, it would be a serious drag to be unable to walk around freely.

On 7/28/2017 at 6:47 PM, CharlieH said:

Some people can "handle" money others cant and it can and has been proven to destroy lives.

There have been many lottery winners /Stars/celebrities who self destruct with wealth because they couldnt handle it.

most of them spend up big like there is no tomorrow then when broke they find out there is a tomorrow that is what they can not handle

On 7/28/2017 at 6:47 PM, CharlieH said:

Some people can "handle" money others cant and it can and has been proven to destroy lives.

There have been many lottery winners /Stars/celebrities who self destruct with wealth because they couldnt handle it.

Agree entirely and am very glad that I wasn't born into a super-rich family that enabled me to party non-stop when young.  Having little self-discipline, there's not a doubt in my mind that I'd be dead by now!

Personally, money 'for its own sake' is of no interest - and the only times I 'wish I was rich' is when 1) I've been broke, and needing money 2) those I care about have needed more financial help than I was able to provide 3) (as pointed out by another poster Ulysses?) - when seeing VERY poor people, and wishing it was possible to substantially improve their lives :sad:.

Many people say that money can't buy you happiness......, I tend to agree.
But then again having stated that..., I have also found that used judiciously, money can rent you a fairly good version..., for a little while..., after that it's all about timing and geography(location). :wai:  

It sort of depends how you made that money.  If I earned every penny, then I'd be damn proud to be mega rich.  If I, say, married into wealth, not so much.  I also wouldn't value money the same way. (maybe that's how dirt poor BG's feel marrying a rich farang)

The thing is, a rich person can pretend to be poor.  A poor person can't pretend to be rich.  So if being wealthy bothers anyone that much, just pretend like you're not. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, reenatinnakor said:

Off course I would. Everyone wants to be really really rich. Those that say they don't are lying.

Those that are rich and are unhappy are obviously using the money in the wrong way.

They are not unhappy because they are rich, IMO they are unhappy because they never have enough, and probably everyone they know just wants their money.

I'd like to win one of those big lottos and become very very rich. I'd be really really happy being able to help out all my family, friends and charities. Plus, I'd never be alone for the rest of my life and I'd be able to afford a host of private nurses to care for me in my old age when I get too decrepit to live normally.

My plan would be to spend it all before I die.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, elgenon said:

Gates recently said that after the first 20 million it means little. People like Buffet are in it more for the game. He still lives in his old house. Will give his money away. So will Gates.

I bet if there were a cure for death that cost a billion $ most mega rich people would buy it and keep their money for themselves.

I am really happy and have been most of my life which has been a blast, i would like more money but as i have said before i would not want to be super rich, it really has never appealed to me .
Lets face it when the grim reaper calls even if sitting in front of the tv 12 hours a day made you really happy then even that person had a good happy life. It takes all sorts

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app