whats your best prem 11

3 minus 2

the guardian have put together a 'best' 11 in the last 25 years  some interesting choise's

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/28/premier-league-at-25-best-xi-petr-cech-thierry-henry

it  reads

cech

rob jones   tony adams jap stam  ashley cole

scholes     gerrard

ronaldo                                    giggs

henry        shearer

cant argue to much with the choices, however, i rated stam but as a right footer on the left side he'd be skinned, so  i'de defo prefer a left footer,,, but tbh i'm struggling to think of a TOP class one which has shone in the prem, which maybe  says a lot about english football, maybe walker ? 

whats your top 11 ?                                 

and bench?

thoughts guy's

Ok, here we go                                                         COURTOIS                                                                                                                                                               ALDERWEIRELD                                  KOMPANY                               VERTONGHEN                                                                                                                                          CHADLI                FELLAINI                    DEMBELE                                                                                                                                                                                          DE BRUYNE                                                                                                                                                                                               MIRALLAS              LUKAKU                 HAZARD                                                                                               

2 hours ago, Loukas said:

Ok, here we go                                                         COURTOIS                                                                                                                                                               ALDERWEIRELD                                  KOMPANY                               VERTONGHEN                                                                                                                                          CHADLI                FELLAINI                    DEMBELE                                                                                                                                                                                          DE BRUYNE                                                                                                                                                                                               MIRALLAS              LUKAKU                 HAZARD                                                                                               

Belgium squad and martinez as the best boss lololol

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Hmmmm Gascoigne, Lineker......

Nah get over it did he even play 50 pl games and I'm pretty sure he was way past his best by time he did and both lads last played for the spuds 25 years ago.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah get over it did he even play 50 pl games and I'm pretty sure he was way past his best by time he did and both lads last played for the spuds 25 years ago.

Then I will add Kane, Bale and Modric for starters.

How many of your current lot would even come close?

16 hours ago, Loukas said:

You missed Giiles "Bob" de Bilde.

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Then I will add Kane, Bale and Modric for starters.

How many of your current lot would even come close?

Maybe kane but bale and modric in the best ever?  Suarez has gotta be amongst them for me and yes I doubt any of the current lfc crop get in there at the moment.

Van der Saar

G Neville  S Campbell T Adams (c)  Evra

Viera    Lampard   Okocha

Ronaldo           Bergkamp           Henry.

Subs. Cech, Rio Ferdinand, Azpilacueta, Giggs, Gerrard, Rooney, Shearer.

Roy Keane, Aguerro, Suarez and Cantona left out because they are disciplinary liabilities; so it was touch and go with Viera. Bale, Zola and Henrik Pedersen very close, but not this time.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Van der Saar

G Neville  S Campbell T Adams (c)  Evra

Viera    Lampard   Okocha

Ronaldo           Bergkamp           Henry.

Subs. Cech, Rio Ferdinand, Azpilacueta, Giggs, Gerrard, Rooney, Shearer.

Roy Keane, Aguerro, Suarez and Cantona left out because they are disciplinary liabilities; so it was touch and go with Viera. Bale, Zola and Henrik Pedersen very close, but not this time.

Im on the same page with those wing backs but I'm really reluctant with RB neville. His persons is overshadowing his ability and clouding my judgement 

i thought  bale,, but he'd have to replace giggs, close one but for giggsy longevity bale has to be on the bench,  as for kane same again shearer and henry win again atm, the only 2 that are really 'challengable' in that gaurdian 11 IMO is jones and he was seriousely good for 3? Ish seasons and stam purely cos he's a right footer on the lhs. but on that premise in all honesty i'm struggling.

bench might go   van der sare  ferdinand lampard  bale kane silva irwin cos he could cover l and r well.

57 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Im on the same page with those wing backs but I'm really reluctant with RB neville. His persons is overshadowing his ability and clouding my judgement 

You could always go for Steve Finnan.

Keeper - seaman

Left back - ivanovic

Right back - Neville 

Centre def - Carragher 

Centre def - Stam

Mid - Lampard

Mid - Gerrard

Mid - Toure

Fwd - Suarez

Fwd - Henry

Fwd - Drogba 

Subs:

GK - Jussi

DEF - FERDINAND

DEF - TERRY

MID - XABI ALONSO

MID - ballack

Fwd - Solskjaer

Fwd - shearer

My teams not based on longevity in all areas and whilst discipline may be an issue with Suarez I have afforded him that oversight based on his all round contribution to the team. Appreciate some players seem to be missing but players IMO have a social responsibility too and as a result certain players have been overlooked.

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^^^  was ivanovic ever any good  on lhs i've always had him down as a strictly rhs ?

and was ballack ever that good in the prem ?

His versatility is key as was his goalscoring exploits for a defender. I though ballack was a great player but in my best team he just makes the subs bench.

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

His versatility is key as was his goalscoring exploits for a defender. I though ballack was a great player but in my best team he just makes the subs bench.

he was 'great', but in germany

not in the prem, he had a presence about him which imo made him above average in a top team, but great in the prem cant see that one. and ive NEVER seen ivano on the lhs rhs cb and rhs full bac yeah, there's a case, but other wise not.  if your set on cover for both l and rb baines in his pomp was amazing now he's lost the  'amazing' but is still pretty good.

24 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Happy to discuss my team with all who have the stones to put up theirs.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ivanovic a left back? What?

Ivanovic for me would have been the best at any position at the back and I wanted him centrally but there seems to be a bit of debate on his position. Right back left back and for Serbia central so I'm bunging him in left back as baines for me did not have the desire to test himself in a better team and coles persons would have affected my team spirit so he can do1

Archived