who understands the new BIG C reward system ?

THAILIBAN

Hi all,

as the title suggests, BiG C has changed its reward system. In the past, it was pretty simple as you knew you would automatically get a 5-Baht discount voucher with every purchase of more than 500 Baht, and then a 10 Baht discount voucher for every 2000 Baht adding up in each Q. Plus sometimes huge 60/80/100/150 Baht cash vouchers I did not understand (but happily used).

Now this has all changed. No more 5 Baht cash vouchers, and no more 10 Baht vouchers for reaching 2000 Baht each time.

The system still shows my total points on the payment slip, but does not issue any vouchers. I have now already more than 6K points in the current Q, but no idea how to redeem those points.

Anybody in the know? The bigcard-section of BigC's website is in Thai only (despite having a dedicated "English" button)  and my Thai reading skills are not as advanced enough to comprehend all that  https://bigcard.bigc.co.th//exclusive

5 hours ago, johng said:

It says on that link
1 baht = 1 point
you can use points immediately
to receive discount (upto 500 baht discount) or receive "free" goods.

Maybe they just stoped issuing the printed vouchers ?

Yes I know that I get one point per each Baht of purchase. Before they changed the system, the vouchers would be automatically attached to the sales slip which was very convenient. You just had to cut them off.

Hmm, either this change has been made since we did our latest trip to Big C off Highway 36 a week ago or it had yet to reach deepest darkest Rayong at that time. The sales slip with which we were presented still included all those wretched vouchers which account for two-thirds of the length of the slip!

I never bothered using my card at the check out until I decided one day to learn my phone No. in Thai and have it at the tip of my tounge ( could sing out my wife's like a good thing, no problem). Well, low and behold, after impressing all in sundry at the checkouts with my fantastic command of the Thai language by rattleing off my No. in Thai.....didn't I get an sms from Big C telling me I had 4 days to claim a 50 Bt. discount (if I spend more than 100 Bt. within that period and all at the same time).

As I won't be using my 50 Bt. fortune to have a holiday up North I considered giving it all up as a bad job....but....I discovered I had come to enjoy impressing all within earshot so much with my language skills I continue my fortune seeking.

So, if anyone sees or hears a James Bond look-a-like (bald head and all) singing out his No. in Thai to the lovely ladies in Big C. Pattaya Klang check outs.....say or wave a friendly hello.

As the man said (about life) ...."Don't bother taking off your coat, you won' t be staying very long".

hopefully they never stop the reward system at Big C......

because hordes of cheap charlies will have to move back home or make 

a cheap jump out of a Jomptien high rise ........

As my wife sais:"i love you same same Big C"

10 hours ago, OJAS said:

Hmm, either this change has been made since we did our latest trip to Big C off Highway 36 a week ago or it had yet to reach deepest darkest Rayong at that time. The sales slip with which we were presented still included all those wretched vouchers which account for two-thirds of the length of the slip!

x

Edited by siam2007
delete

11 hours ago, OJAS said:

Same in Kalasin.

13 hours ago, OJAS said:

...and then you have to wait for your lady to go back in and spend it immediately.

I have saved around 3000 baht in one year using the old reward system. Sure call me Cheap Charlie but I learned back home to save money and be responsible. I always look for a good deal.

19 hours ago, balo said:

I have saved around 3000 baht in one year using the old reward system. Sure call me Cheap Charlie but I learned back home to save money and be responsible. I always look for a good deal.

Not a cheap charlie at all but a wise shopper. Those that don't take advantage of rewards schemes have more money than sense. Money is better in MY pocket than in Big C's shareholders because by not using the reward scheme you are putting money in the shareholders pockets that they did not expect to get. Since when have shareholders been in need of charity.