Thai navy stages sea-rescue training in Phuket

webfact

Thai navy stages sea-rescue training in Phuket

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1501652708_1-org.jpg

The exercise co-ordinated all the emergency services involved in carrying out sea rescues. Photo: Royal Thai Navy

PHUKET: -- The Royal Thai Navy Third Area Command carried out a sea-rescue exercise off Cape Panwa yesterday (Aug 1), simulating the recovery of people involved in various marine accidents.

The exercise was led by Rear Admiral Jaroenphon Khumrasee, Deputy Commander of the Royal Thai Naval Third Area Command.

Joining him was the Director of the Naval Operations office, Capt Phuchong Rodnikorn.

Full story:  http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-navy-stages-sea-rescue-training-in-phuket-63289.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-02

So confident in their ability, they conducted the training 50m from the shore. Not sure many sea rescues are required in depths where people can stand but it does allow them to travel only a short distance for a typical photo and media, pat yourself on the back opportunity.

Aren't training sessions supposed to simulate anticipated real conditions.?

At least the helicopter didnt crash I  suppose.

So confident in their ability, they conducted the training 50m from the shore. Not sure many sea rescues are required in depths where people can stand but it does allow them to travel only a short distance for a typical photo and media, pat yourself on the back opportunity.

Aren't training sessions supposed to simulate anticipated real conditions.?

At least the helicopter didnt crash I  suppose.

I saw them training 30 nm offshore close to the Similan Koh 4. No members of press were present. The aircraft did not crush.