The Black Spot

jonwilly

Sorry should read The Black Square no Treasure Island and Long John Silver.

Dining in the Blue Mango just up from John's Place They have the Card below on the tables.

Watching it seems that visiting Chinese use it to pay for their meals.

On asking the staff I am told Only for Chinee not for Flang.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this system ?

john

And it's the Blue Mango, not Blue Oyster Bar.

Good food at cheap prices.

P_20170802_185642.jpg

The QR code (your black box) is brilliant! I used it all the time when I lived in Japan. Everything from copying down entire train schedules without tedious writing, entering and adding local maps to shops, restaurants, and offices to my phone, as well as simplified shopping. I still keep two different QR readers on my phone that come in handy from time to time.

Folk Guitar.jpg

34 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

The QR code (your black box) is brilliant!

They can also be quite dangerous. Don't scan one unless you are sure it's legit ... you could end up with ransomware or some other nasty on your phone.

WeChat is the ultimate tool for government surveillance. It tracks where you go, who you're with, how you spend, who you talk to and what you say-- all in a single app that the Chinese government monitors. Sure, all these things can be tracked through other apps in other places like FB or Google Maps, but not as comprehensively or seamlessly.

WeChat is the ultimate tool for government surveillance. It tracks where you go, who you're with, how you spend, who you talk to and what you say-- all in a single app that the Chinese government monitors. Sure, all these things can be tracked through other apps in other places like FB or Google Maps, but not as comprehensively or seamlessly.
Superb Chinese efficiency - it even lets you search for prospective love matches in the area. [emoji41] [emoji1]

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Salerno said:

They can also be quite dangerous. Don't scan one unless you are sure it's legit ... you could end up with ransomware or some other nasty on your phone.

There is nothing so important on my phone that would cause me a moment's hesitation before I flushed the entire system. Everything is backed up in a secure hard drive. For that matter, so is everything on my home computer. If more people would do incremental backups regularly, Ransomware and other virus/Trojans, etc., wouldn't be the horrible threat people make it out to be. People in ThaiVisa are always berating other for not having 'insurance coverage.'  And yet you don't think to have it for your phones and computers? Interesting...

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:07 AM, FolkGuitar said:

There is nothing so important on my phone that would cause me a moment's hesitation before I flushed the entire system. Everything is backed up in a secure hard drive. For that matter, so is everything on my home computer. If more people would do incremental backups regularly, Ransomware and other virus/Trojans, etc., wouldn't be the horrible threat people make it out to be. People in ThaiVisa are always berating other for not having 'insurance coverage.'  And yet you don't think to have it for your phones and computers? Interesting...

All the hackers have to do is develop a delayed action virus, so it gets transferred to the back up system as well.

I can see the day coming when all personal activity on the internet becomes impossible because of hackers etc and we are back to 1980. Post office will be happy.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All the hackers have to do is develop a delayed action virus, so it gets transferred to the back up system as well.

I can see the day coming when all personal activity on the internet becomes impossible because of hackers etc and we are back to 1980. Post office will be happy.

When that day comes, I'll deal with it.

Until then, I don't give it a second thought.  I can't live my life in forethought of grief. Too much good stuff going on.