30 Thai Provinces On Flash Flood Alert, Death Toll Climbs To 23

webfact

30 Provinces On Flash Flood Alert, Death Toll Climbs To 23

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

KIT_7925-696x464.jpg  

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha joins a clean-up event after water levels fell Wednesday in Sakon Nakhon province.

BANGKOK — Thirty provinces, many already struck by disaster, are at risk of flash floods and landslides through the weekend, disaster officials warned Thursday, while the death toll from the current crisis rose to 23.

While authorities said Wednesday they expected the crisis in Sakon Nakhon province to be over by Friday, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation announced today forecast another round of heavy rain hitting the north, east, northeast and southwest regions Friday to Sunday.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/08/03/30-provinces-flash-flood-alert-death-toll-climbs-23/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-08-03

Heavy rainfall to affect 30 provinces

PNOHT600803001011901.jpg

BANGKOK, 3 August 2017 (NNT) - The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation has issued warnings to 30 provinces in the northern, northeastern, eastern, and southwestern regions to brace for flash floods and mudslides in the next few days. 

DDPM Director-General Chatchai Promlert revealed that his department has issued flash flood and mudslide warnings in 10 northern provinces.

They include Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phrae, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok and Phetchabun. In the northeastern region, there are 12 at-risk provinces including Nong Bua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Khon Kaen, Roi Et, Kalasin, Yasothon Sisaket, and Ubon Ratchathani. In the southern region, there are four at-risk provinces including Ranong, Phang Nga, Phuket, and Krabi. 

Officials in flood-prone areas have been instructed to closely follow weather conditions and prepare to dispatch mobile units to assist those in need. Warnings will be issued to at-risk residents near water sources, foothills, and areas that have been affected in the past. Officials have also been instructed to prepare shelters to accommodate people in the event of an evacuation. 

The current inundation in 10 provinces is affecting 101 districts and over 200,000 households. 

Meanwhile, the Meteorological Department reported that the southwesterly monsoon over the Andaman Sea and Thailand is beginning to intensify, resulting in more rainfall in the upper regions of the country as well as the southwestern provinces. Ships in the southern region are advised to proceed with caution, while smaller boats should remain ashore.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-08-03

6 hours ago, webfact said:

While authorities said Wednesday they expected the crisis in Sakon Nakhon province to be over by Friday, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation announced today forecast another round of heavy rain hitting the north, east, northeast and southwest regions Friday to Sunday

Left hand, right hand both tuggin' on what's in the middle.

Flood is no longer an in this country as generations after generations of politician are busy helping themselves after investing on their vote buying. Nobody has time to rectify the flood. Corruption kills this country's development.

36 minutes ago, saminoz said:

How long ago was the silly little general assuring us that there would be no flooding?

Gormless, clueless, brainless.

You of course, are far smarter.

Out of curiousity what exactly would you do in his position?

3 hours ago, Lupatria said:

As a "LB Witch" of higher rang I demand this thing to take off...

image.png

Edited by ttrd

21 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I wouldn't waste the Thai people's future development on worthless, pointless military toys and pose for completely meaningless photo opportunities while my countrymen are drowning and looking at an increasingly bleak future.  But maybe you just like the look of your idol prancing like an ageing ladyboy doing a fan dance?

48 minutes ago, billd766 said:

how about resign and allow an actual VOTE?!?!?!?

if he REALLY had morals or values, he would have done that 2 years ago...

i would and could say a LOT more, but BIG elephant in room...

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:
1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Depends if Saminoz believes in fortune tellers and has a sociopathic personality.

I would put money on Sam's IQ being higher. 

Some nuggets from the General here: http://www.rappler.com/thought-leaders/99683-thailand-thug-street-wisdom

Even the Philippinos are laughing at him. 

Agreed................

And after reading the attached site above:

http://www.rappler.com/thought-leaders/99683-thailand-thug-street-wisdom

I must recommend everyone to read it.... It is a MUST READ......

You can see his mentality that everyone must see it 'his' way

5 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Agreed................

And after reading the attached site above:

http://www.rappler.com/thought-leaders/99683-thailand-thug-street-wisdom

I must recommend everyone to read it.... It is a MUST READ......

You can see his mentality that everyone must see it 'his' way

I like this one: “Can’t you guys cooperate with the authorities? Do you even know how? Do you? You don’t!”

He doesn't seem to realize: T.I.T.

When it was announced that he was going on this visit to Isaan the first thought that came into my mind was that he would be getting his sash out.

Because he's "just one of the people" isn't he?

:sick:

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

for Beginners at fist take of the Kitchen Table Cloth around my waist .secondly don't sweep the floor but use an Tractor or something with more power.

13 hours ago, saminoz said:

I wouldn't waste the Thai people's future development on worthless, pointless military toys and pose for completely meaningless photo opportunities while my countrymen are drowning and looking at an increasingly bleak future.  But maybe you just like the look of your idol prancing like an ageing ladyboy doing a fan dance?

Now how did you work out that he is my idol?

He isn't at all. I did have a lot of hope in his earlier days but very little faith now.

Then again in my 24 years around Thailand I have had little faith in any politician of any party or colour.

I suspect that at the time of the coup he thought it would be fairly easy to run the country and now he is realising that he bit off more than he can chew.

Sadly for him as the person where the buck stops he has to rely on the people under him for advice in just the same way that all politicians do, and as most of them don't like bad news, the advice that they get is not necessarily what they need. That is why there is a chain of command and separate ministries. It is impossible nowadays for one person tp know everything and run a country.

So to answer my question, what would you do in his position?