Did i get blacklisted? Is this a blacklist stamp?

2 minutes ago, Here2008 said:

Perhaps you would buy  'Attempting Illegal Entry'  --- That would earn some jail time! 

Pretty sure presenting yourself to an immigration officer at the airport or at a border crossing isn't attempting illegal entry.

I have a 10 year ban for overstay of 444 days and being caught. My stamp is all red and looks different. However, if Thailand doesn't want to help me spend my money, I know other nearby countries that are very keen. The girls are very pretty there too....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stravers said:

I have a 10 year ban for overstay of 444 days and being caught. My stamp is all red and looks different. However, if Thailand doesn't want to help me spend my money, I know other nearby countries that are very keen. The girls are very pretty there too....

Would you be able to post how an actual blacklist stamp looks like for clarity?

2 minutes ago, Sexbomb said:

Would you be able to post how an actual blacklist stamp looks like for clarity?

I spent 3 nights in police station jail because I was arrested on Friday and 1 night in IDC in Bangkok and then 1 night locked in a paddy wagon outside the airport for 9 hours with no toilet. An adult girl and I both had to pee in separate bottles. Glad it was only pee!! We were locked in the wagon outside with a 14 year old Vietnamese girl.

100_2874.JPG

• Like 1

all I said was that he might have a problem getting into neighbouring countries when they realise he has been blacklisted from Thailand for 10 years. then I said I suspect he doesn't really have that much money to spend otherwise he wouldn't have had to overstay here for 444 days. i may have put a few laughs but i was genuinely laughing at how ridiculous his statement was.  not baiting.

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

all I said was that he might have a problem getting into neighbouring countries when they realise he has been blacklisted from Thailand for 10 years. then I said I suspect he doesn't really have that much money to spend otherwise he wouldn't have had to overstay here for 444 days. i may have put a few laughs but i was genuinely laughing at how ridiculous his statement was.  not baiting.

Money was not the problem. I didn't like all the hoops for the scam/loophole education visa so I decided to overstay. I've been in Thai for 15 years but had enough of all the friction and decided to accept my overstay and ban. Now I'm headed to another country where the people are very welcoming and aren't always doing stupid things. There are other options and I felt stuck in Thai. I was becoming a moaner. I also speak fluent Thai but do not like speaking or hearing the language anymore. Off to Philippines. Everything is so easy there.

• Like 2

Just now, stravers said:

Money was not the problem. I didn't like all the hoops for the scam/loophole education visa so I decided to overstay. I've been in Thai for 15 years but had enough of all the friction and decided to accept my overstay and ban. Now I'm headed to another country where the people are very welcoming and aren't always doing stupid things. There are other options and I felt stuck in Thai. I was becoming a moaner. I also speak fluent Thai but do not like speaking or hearing the language anymore. Off to Philippines. Everything is so easy there.

OK, you disliked it so much you thought you'd stay until they caught you. makes sense. good luck in the phillipines

• Like 1

I can not understand why anyone would risk getting involved with drugs in a foreign country, Thai prisons are real prisons not like the holiday camps in the UK.  Plus you may find you are limited to a few countries with your criminal record which is going to follow you for the rest of your life.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Internationalist said:

Get a new passport or tear out the page. Or live with it

if you tear pages out of passports it creates suspicion that you are hiding something everywhere you go......terrible idea.

• Like 2

If they didn't want him to come back they would have blacklisted him. Simple as that. They didn't so as far as officialdom as you call it is concerned he can come back but he must not get caught breaking the law. Or maybe I'm nuts and missing something 

On 8/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, 007 RED said:

You should also be aware that with that stamp in your passport you may also encounter problems when entering other countries.

possibly not, unless other country's immigration officers  can read Thai

but maybe so nonetheless...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vandv said:

if you tear pages out of passports it creates suspicion that you are hiding something everywhere you go......terrible idea.

It's a terrible idea but not exactly for that reason.

Tearing a page off a passport constitutes passport damage. You may be denied boarding with a damaged passport, and if you are allowed to board, you may be denied entry in whatever country you're travelling to.

This girl from the UK ripped off 2 pages to use as toilet paper and was denied entry into Thailand.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brit-refused-entry-thailand-after-7345231

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, stravers said:

How much did you have to pay before you left Thailand?

19 hours ago, jenifer d said:

possibly not, unless other country's immigration officers  can read Thai

but maybe so nonetheless...

Passport stamps tend to follow a fairly predictable format, so a deportation stamp is going to stick out like a ‘sore thumb’ should an IO flick through the passport.  OK, the IO may not be able to read/speak Thai, but they do have access to online/phone interpreter services.  All the IO needs to do is scan/photo the stamp, send it off to the interpreter service, and fairly quickly the bad news for the passport holder will come back.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vandv said:

Yes, you do have a point .

If you go through any immigration and show them your passport , with a page torn out, IO may wonder why that page got torn out

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, 007 RED said:

Yes is a simple answer.... any IO flicking through the OPs passport will see the deportation stamp and that will trigger questions... also the individual IO may not speak/read Thai but they will have access to interpreters via phone/online.

They will look and see the deportation stamp and from there will likely interview the person and ask them why they got the stamp, he will have to tell the truth, if he doesn't he will not be allowed entry 

It really is that simple, passport renewal may avoid this

On 8/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, 007 RED said:

You should also be aware that with that stamp in your passport you may also encounter problems when entering other countries.

I doubt that. They would need to be able to read Thai, even if they found the stamp and took notice of it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, tropo said:

I doubt that. They would need to be able to read Thai, even if they found the stamp and took notice of it.

Have you never heard of those they call interpreters?  

An unusual stamp in a passport may well prompt an immigration official to detain such a passport holder whist the stamp is interpreted ....

9 minutes ago, Internationalist said:

I stated in the first sentence that the source was not official. It was fully admitted.

Your documentary is not available on Netflix Germany and they don't allow VPN no more. Any alternative sources?

Just now, Here2008 said:

Have you never heard of those they call interpreters?  

An unusual stamp in a passport may well prompt an immigration official to detain such a passport holder whist the stamp is interpreted ....

Yeah, like Immigration officers at most airports go through and inspect every page of a person's passport.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it wouldn't bother me having that stamp and visiting other countries. For the more paranoid among us - get a new passport.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Here2008 said:

Unless you have this stamp you are just blustering and will never be able to prove how 'brave' you are! 

No bravery required. I wouldn't give it a second thought. My passport is jam packed with Thai script on many visas, re-entry permits and entry and exit stamps. I would be lucky to find such a stamp in my own passport. 

Non-Thai immigration officers wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in such a stamp. You worry too much.

• Like 1

Just now, Here2008 said:

I have no idea where you come from but I suggest you check facts with your countries immigration service. 

You are entitled to your opinion. I don't agree - let's leave it at that. As I said, a paranoid person would get a new passport - easily solved.