does your g/f wife spend more time on internet than on you

opalred

My other half spends more time than me but tbh I'm not too bothered. I draw the line at meal times but other than that she can post as many pictures of her somtam as she wants

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

35 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah using a software to track your wife's activity is messed up. Kids hell yeah but if you need to install such a software then you have major trust issues.

Spot on mate, if you cannot trust your partner you shoud not be with them.

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

Not on her phone / pad, but on her garden / fish / chooks / geese / guineas / dogs.

But she cooks like an angel and goes like the Duracell Bunny when it matters :tongue:

Sounds like you have one so many others would envy; I wouldn't be concerned she loves her garden; she has time for you, doesn't she?  I'll bet you have time for you hobbies too, don't you?

You could try pointing out to the missis that Facebook has only one purpose in life:  to turn you into a consumer, a consumer of anything.   Even while you are apparently most free in who you communicate with or what you choose to say or read, Facebook is busy pointing you in the direction of something you "need" to buy.

Or, worse, you are presenting yourself as a "product" to be "consumed" by all who bother to read your words of wisdom....

See John Lanchester:  https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n16/john-lanchester/you-are-the-product?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3916&utm_content=usca_nonsubs

18 hours ago, Pdaz said:

My Mrs is on her two phones, iPad and iMac about 16hrs a day. I'd complain but she is working hard and it pays the bills. When I'm not away at work I help out around the house, feed the cats, cook and help in the yard. 

She accepts me having to travel overseas and I accept that her online business requires a lot of commitment.

seems fair enough and she doesn't complain if I head out for a beer.

I don't think the the OP would be so concerned if it was an internet business his wife and children

were doing

22 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Sounds like you have one so many others would envy; I wouldn't be concerned she loves her garden; she has time for you, doesn't she?  I'll bet you have time for you hobbies too, don't you?

Not complaining at all, yes I too can get on with my hobbies (mostly fixing things around the house and doing stuff she can't reach).

I wouldn't swap her for anything.

41 minutes ago, blazes said:

You could try pointing out to the missis that Facebook has only one purpose in life:  to turn you into a consumer, a consumer of anything.   Even while you are apparently most free in who you communicate with or what you choose to say or read, Facebook is busy pointing you in the direction of something you "need" to buy.

Or, worse, you are presenting yourself as a "product" to be "consumed" by all who bother to read your words of wisdom....

See John Lanchester:  https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n16/john-lanchester/you-are-the-product?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3916&utm_content=usca_nonsubs

The FB messenger system is great for keeping in touch and free from all the commercial aims.

Load in some good covert surveillance software in (your) the computer and when she is not around, that later enables you to check all the website logs and the copies of what she was writing and to whom....

Just some friendly, routine advice to be 100% sure, and with full respect to Madame your Wife!

A bit of controversy about this post !

But I will say that a friend of mine ( yes a friend, not me ) suspected his wife, fit some surveillance stuff and caught her red handed talking ( explicitly ) to a few guys online. When confronted she up and left, divorce followed shortly after.

So, fitting some of this type of software can help but has to be a last resort, you have to be 90% sure beforehand.
I think I would have asked her several times outright before resorting to this.

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Yeah, but . . .

Be grateful. If she wasn't on social media all day she'd probably insist on having endless in-depth debates with you about politics, religion, philosophy, and the meaning of life.

Oooh, look ! A pig just flew past the window. . . 

We've never got around to the meaning of life but my wife is fascinated by UK politics. She knows all of the main players and follows what is going on. We both stayed up for the EU referendum, the GE and the US election. I bought her a globe and whenever a country she has never heard of comes up on the news she wants to know where it is on the globe and a bit about it.

She spends a bit of time on Facebook talking to her family but is mainly busy with her business and working for me when we have jobs. Works well for us.

My wife spends the majority of her time working. She has to check on Facebook and talking to her friends on her speakerphone while cooking. After I eat, she is back on Facebook. I spend much more time on the Internet than she does. As long as she feeds me, I'm happy.

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

My wife spends the majority of her time working. She has to check on Facebook and talking to her friends on her speakerphone while cooking. After I eat, she is back on Facebook. I spend much more time on the Internet than she does. As long as she feeds me, I'm happy.

"The way to a man's heart is through his belly".....