Dentist overcharging

ronjomtien

As said there is no set rate for Pattaya or anywhere else.  And even in the same office it can vary by what is required.  How much did you pay in all?  You should have received a receipt if you had asked but expect smaller shops would prefer not to have on books for tax reasons as is the case for all business here if you do not ask.  

What did you pay ?

The last time I had my teeth cleaned, I paid 600 baht, there was a sign outside stating 500 baht for teeth cleaning but before I went ahead the dentist said it would cost 600.

I was happy to pay that, my teeth were in a state and he spent a fair bit of time cleaning, did a good job.

I had the choice to decline, chose to accept.

Could I have got cheaper ? Maybe, don`t really know or much care.

Unless it was, one obvious answer is go to a recommended dentist next time, boycotting this one, and make sure you ask as everybody else has said.

If this one came recommended you may want to mention who/where and what the standard of the work was like.......

Most places here seem to charge around 500-800B for a simple clean but for me that's not good enough.

When I get it what I call a proper deep clean done it generally costs around 1200B per jaw as I need injections and they take over an hour to do each jaw. They do it on two different days.

Back in Europe the same thing used to cost about 5000B for both jaws and took around an hour in total, done in one go.

2 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Likely still less than a fourth of the OPs home country.  Being price sensitive is normal...not asking the price, then making a big deal is not.  "Standard price,".... must be a Brit.

very tiresome..........Deadhorse.gif.f500cb727ad2922c664773f60836220a.gif

4 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Likely still less than a fourth of the OPs home country.  Being price sensitive is normal...not asking the price, then making a big deal is not.  "Standard price,".... must be a Brit.

4 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I have deduced, from another thread the OP started, that he is from USA. Please take back your heinous slur, you cad!

Just now, ronjomtien said:

I did ask up front and they said 900. If you google all the price lists online say regular is 600 to 1200. I had an airflow better deep cleaning with receipt for 1500.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You said no receipt - are you talking about an earlier cleaning for that 1500 baht receipt?  What was the price charged for this cleaning?  FYI here in Bangkok paid 2350 baht last month at a top facility for scaling/cleaning.  

On 8/6/2017 at 7:20 PM, seasia said:

What did you pay ?

The last time I had my teeth cleaned, I paid 600 baht, there was a sign outside stating 500 baht for teeth cleaning but before I went ahead the dentist said it would cost 600.

I was happy to pay that, my teeth were in a state and he spent a fair bit of time cleaning, did a good job.

I had the choice to decline, chose to accept.

Could I have got cheaper ? Maybe, don`t really know or much care.

I'd probably want alot more than 600bht to clean teeth .....:shock1:

I had an excellent dentist for professional teeth cleaning at Pattaya Klang, located here.

She worked there at least on Wednesdays, 600 Baht for the job with which my dentist, my friends and their dentists have always been very happy with. Her name is Dr. Siriying.
Recently I wanted make another appointment, but the telephone seemed not to work. So I went there and found a mattress shop instead of the dental clinic.
Does anybody happen to know where she moved?

On 8/7/2017 at 0:24 PM, ronjomtien said:

I did ask up front and they said 900. If you google all the price lists online say regular is 600 to 1200. I had an airflow better deep cleaning with receipt for 1500.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I paid 500 baht for a scale and clean at a dentist on Pattaya Klang. I was in the chair 40 minutes and she did a great job.

Here is the location: Dentist

Sure are a lot more Thais wearing Yankee hats than Eurotrash kickball teams'.  The retarded do seem to like the fake ManU jerseys, though.  Goes well with prison tattoos.

Fortunately not too many Thais walking around with their jeans hanging below their backsides.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Go to the one Dentist that all agree is one of the best Dr Warin and first thing you'll see is price list on reception counter

They don't give any receipts though, which is surprising.

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

They don't give any receipts though, which is surprising.

They certainly do and I didnt ask either......had 35,000 baht of work over 3 visits and received receipt for it detailing total work on visit 1

I cant imagine too many ask for a receipt for a filling at 500 Baht

They certainly do and I didnt ask either......had 35,000 baht of work over 3 visits and received receipt for it detailing total work on visit 1
I cant imagine too many ask for a receipt for a filling at 500 Baht

I've never been to a dentist that did not provide a receipt. Why should I have to ask for one?

Just now, mogandave said:

I've never been to a dentist that did not provide a receipt. Why should I have to ask for one?

What.....??  Why on earth are you making a big deal over such a minor issue. If you dont get receipt and you want one just ask !!  Jesus wept the long winter nights must simply fly by

Archived