British Tv For Free On Internet From March

roamer

This could be of interest to expats unhappy with the cable services available in LOS. From March the British TV company ITV is to make available virtually all the programs screened over its 4 channels available for viewing over the internet. Apart from watching what is currently being screened live it will also be available for download which should be helpful for those with slower broadband. So the delights of Coronation St or re-runs of Inspector Morse should soon be available to all. There shouldn't be the contractural problems that there often is with BBC progs so no reason I know of for all of this not to be available to LOS.

http://business.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=13802007

just a few hours ago I was trying to watch live thai news streeming on the net - even with my broadband the quality is poor, with pictures and audio freezing all the time. I would rather get a cable subscription. Maybe by downloading and saving it first it would work.

http://tv.sanook.com/player/sanook/?conten...284&kb=128#

Edited by londonthai

Might I assume you are not in Thailand and have no firsthand knowledge

of the creaky old, steam driven internet infrastructure here ? :D

Coronation Street ... How sad :o:D

Naka.

Edited by naka

Naka.

Your assumption would be wrong for 50% of the year. I have an adequate broadband connection in my Bangkok Condo. And as for Corrie, granted there are those who are too far up their own internal passages to follow such a plebeian series....

To those who don't want to watch Coronation St, don't. Your choice, the point was that virtually all ITV content was to be made available and you would have to inhabit some pretty lofty towers or totally uninterested in TV if there was nothing there to interest you.

As for internet connection speeds, an idle broadband connection at night, even a slow one can easily download for future viewing.

As for whether it will available to LOS, well the business model is different to BBC or C4, so it could well be. ITV spent £120 million buying Friends Reunited and did almost nothing with it, losing its brand value, its believed that the advertising will heavily promote Friends Reunited, given that client target base it would be pretty short sighted to miss a worldwide expat market, time will tell.

Naka.

Your assumption would be wrong for 50% of the year. I have an adequate broadband connection in my Bangkok Condo. And as for Corrie, granted there are those who are too far up their own internal passages to follow such a plebeian series....

Roamer I tried watching it a few times while working over there and I'm sorry it just didnt do it for me (I am not from the UK). If they had Minder well that I can watch! This is good news though maybe its the start of free internet TV from many countries. Maybe even some hockey night in Canada! whu hu!! Swedish TV is pretty good after midnight too.

Naka.

Roamer I tried watching it a few times while working over there and I'm sorry it just didnt do it for me (I am not from the UK). If they had Minder well that I can watch! This is good news though maybe its the start of free internet TV from many countries. Maybe even some hockey night in Canada! whu hu!! Swedish TV is pretty good after midnight too.

Beammup you could be in luck!! They are talking about the whole of the ITV output including the digital channels where Minders often been shown. Your other point is also true, it could also be the start of internet tv from many countries. To be honest, I don't watch much tv and almost never in LOS unless its sport but would be nice to have the choice of something decent when I do want to watch.

This could be of interest to expats unhappy with the cable services available in LOS. From March the British TV company ITV is to make available virtually all the programs screened over its 4 channels available for viewing over the internet. Apart from watching what is currently being screened live it will also be available for download which should be helpful for those with slower broadband. So the delights of Coronation St or re-runs of Inspector Morse should soon be available to all. There shouldn't be the contractural problems that there often is with BBC progs so no reason I know of for all of this not to be available to LOS.

http://business.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=13802007

I couldn't open the link for whatever reason but, C4 has software available at its site available for download which will let you watch C4 on your PC. The catch is that you MUST be on mainland UK for it to work. The software checks your IP address and if it is outside the UK it will not let you connect. I had a very frustrating time trying to make this work and eventually read the small print.